GT League is Everything Good (and Bad) About Classic Gran Turismo

Mat I ask you guy's a question. In the Vision GT Trophy race 1 - I wonder why I only get to drive the Aston Martin and not my Fittipaldi and others? Anybody? Thanks for your time!
That's odd. The Aston Martin isn't even mentioned in the list of eligible cars :confused:

Over the weekend while sport mode has been dire, I've begun to complete some of the more "challenging" races in GT League, and the newer ones from the last two updates. My first gripe, yeah you added Tsukuba, it doesn't have to go in EVERY competition.

Second, still no championships, really? I get that they're being added to occasionally but not even one championship? And no rewards for completing, the only reason I'm doing these is to see the little gold trophy next to it. I don't even win a car like the missions and circuit experience etc.

Lastly goodness gracious the AI is bad. It's not improved from any of the previous games, I'm trying to get a clean race bonus and they're well under the speed necessary to take a turn, then they slam on the brakes at the apex, like a sports mode casual trying to scrub a penalty. They constantly try to block me when the blue flag is clearly out. And when I've gained first place and they start trying, the impossible lap times start appearing, taking corners at impossible speeds and ram me off the track. Why is do we not have a 16 car field with rolling starts with challenging AI? Sooner I've completed these the better.

Lastly goodness gracious the AI is bad. It's not improved from any of the previous games, I'm trying to get a clean race bonus and they're well under the speed necessary to take a turn, then they slam on the brakes at the apex, like a sports mode casual trying to scrub a penalty. They constantly try to block me when the blue flag is clearly out. And when I've gained first place and they start trying, the impossible lap times start appearing, taking corners at impossible speeds and ram me off the track. Why is do we not have a 16 car field with rolling starts with challenging AI? Sooner I've completed these the better.

You want a challenge from the AI, go play PC2 or AC. Give them a lap or so to sort out the wild pack jitters, then they can be dialed up to alien. And no rubberbanding. Just pace.

The thing is, PC2 and AC have proven that good fast AI is not tough to code. You just have to care about it. GT never has. Never will (they would have done something by now if they did).

But if determined to stay with GTS, treat Lap1 like a mandatory formation lap. That way, you don't get the ridiculous advantage off the line and an easy 10 places or so before T1. By the time L2 comes around, they are up to speed and off you go...

I'm absolutely fine with no championships... I see them as an artificial barrier to doing the races in whatever order and you never got any reward for completing the championship in their order anyway.

And again. you cant be handing out gift cars for completing events because they're adding more races to the events.

Also what is the point of handing out cars anyway? You get one every day and there's not enough to go around.

Doing the Gr. 2 Suzuki race. Having fun with the lead AI. Lap 8. Dicing through GT3 cars nose to tail. Such a shame we don't have all the Super GT tracks. Even worse, although I'm grateful, is not being able to do the same multiclass in Custom Race.

Agreed, those are some strange choices (especially the Gr. B races). But, all in all, I still believe there's potential for different events & championships to make "GT League" bigger and better. Stuff like this would be nice, to start with:
  • Gr. 3 Championship (Professional, Gr. 3 cars only)
  • Gr. 4 Championship (Professional, Gr. 4 cars only)
  • X-Bow Battle (Amateur, One Make: KTM X-Bow)
  • TT Cup + (One Make: Audi TT Gr. 4)
  • Ferrari Challenge (One Make: Ferrari 458 Gr. 4)
  • Raging Bull vs. Prancing Horse (458 Italia vs. Lamborghini Huracan, N600)
  • Homologation Specials Battle (Gr. 3 & Gr. B Road Cars only)
  • UK vs Japan (Country limited, N700)
  • Italy vs Germany (Country limited, N600)
  • Custom Muscle (Chevy Nova vs. Mach Forty, N800)
  • King of the Isle (One Make; Subaru WRX Time Attack)
  • Renault Sport Trophy (One Make: R.S. 01 Gr. X)
  • Silver Arrows (SLS AMG '10 vs. AMG GTS '15, N600)
  • Bull Fest (Lamborghini Only, N800)
PD can also throw some missions/hotlap challenges in there for some extra variety.

i1LSKb5zjzZ5vSB.jpg

i11r8d1O00356cE.jpg

Well, that's a good start..

The game you are playing is nowhere near the beta test that we did U will not get the real game until PS5 you are only playing Gran Turismo 5 with fluff. Go look @ Gt 5 on a Dlp TV with plush u have the same game with a few Extras big deal PLAYED IT Gt sport record 300 wins 286 poles 243 fastest LAPS TERABYTER LOOK IT UP.

Last edited:
The game you are playing is nowhere near the beta test that we did U will not get the real game until PS5 you are only playing Gran Turismo 5 with fluff. Go look @ Gt 5 on a Dlp TV with plush u have the same game with a few Extras big deal PLAYED IT Gt sport record 300 wins 286 poles 243 fastest LAPS TERABYTER LOOK IT UP.
If you're trying to make a point and you want people to understand it, please spend some time making it legible. This is your third post so far and all three look like somone barfed alphabetti spaghetti into an old Speak'n'Spell...
Why does GTPlanet have unusual rules?

GTPlanet’s Acceptable Use Policy applies across all areas of the website and is somewhat unusual on the Internet due to its request for “decent grammar” and the prohibition of “txtspk”.

Such rules are often met with confusion and contempt by some new users. However, GTPlanet is not just another disposable “video game forum” – it is a community and a home for thousands of like-minded people which has thrived for more than a decade. These rules have always been in place, and remind everyone to put a little more thought into what they’re contributing to the community. In turn, this creates a more pleasant and attractive place for everyone.

It says, you edited your post. So, you looked at it and you weren't quite content and thought it could be even better still? I like that, a true perfectionist.

Dang PD dont mess around. Every month has new league races. Just doing 26miles/42km a day means this is a fair bit of content for you until next month... where there's more league races.

Granted you could well get sick of super sport tyres on WIllow Springs but eh.. beggars choosers.

Jeez, been a while.
Now that I've started the game over. The latest update i perfect to use the kei cars in Sunday Cup events. Im not winning races at all in the S660. This is good.

Sticking(no pun intended) with SH Tires, stock engine settings and a basic lowered suspension with mild negative camber tune, makes the tour of circuits, a treat.

More fun to come, when I get to the Amateur Sunday Cup and J-Spec races.

GT League could be so much better with the following changes:

- 1 Lap of qualifying.
- Grid start or closely spaced rolling start (at least as in sport mode).
- Easy/Medium/Hard difficulty or bronce/silver/gold. Method: Either AI Level or max. allowed hp.
- No rubberbanding, or save rubberbanding for "easy/bronce" difficulty.
- Reintroduce championships instead of only single races.

They will never have qualifying as most people will qualify pole or close to pole and then do a Vettel and blitz the field to the finish.

I also dont like championships as I feel its artificially limiting gameplay due to some fake mechanic.

There's an easy/med/hard difficulty in the arcade races but hard is so easy anyway.

They will never have qualifying as most people will qualify pole or close to pole and then do a Vettel and blitz the field to the finish.

I also dont like championships as I feel its artificially limiting gameplay due to some fake mechanic.

There's an easy/med/hard difficulty in the arcade races but hard is so easy anyway.
You can always skip qualifying. Also it would be only one lap.
GT1 had qualifying and there were race-car combos where it was difficult to qualify on pole but you could win over the duration of the race.

Agree that arcade races on hard are still easy but I wasn't suggesting to implement this level of difficulty. It is also way to easy to gold the entire driving school / challenges campaign which wasn't the case in past Gran Turismo games.

Yet even with the current hard/gold difficulty in place, I'd enjoy that more as I just hate that I need to start the race 40 seconds down and thanks to rubberbanding and weak AI can overtake them all in 2 laps.

I feel that there's two kinds of mechanics at play on Forza and GT through the last decade.

Forza has almost always had standing starts and you start mid field so it was always a mad dash to the first corner because you know, races are won on the first corner and now with only 2/3 laps there may not be enough opportunity to overtake.

I'm in two minds about this.

In Gran Turismo, they stuck with a rolling start because the PS3 was so crappy at rendering a full field from a standing start so its a rabbit chase game.

I'm in two minds about this too.

Overall I feel like I'm more attune with 'chase the rabbit' now. I think my head would explode if GT Sport had grid starts.

But the GT League rolling start isn't the same as the lobby or sport mode rolling start. At least, use this one. In GT League, you start 30-40 seconds down.

Also, I like the grid start in custom races. I'd like a close gap rolling start better, but the AI can handle a close pack at the start most of the time.

I know Leagues is a pile of crap but I quite enjoy the occasional blast on their canned race scenarios.

The vintage league particularly fun. I used the Pantera on the road courses and the Berlinetta on Tokyo hwy run.

I have yet to run the new VGTs at Le Mans and Kyoto. Will leave the W08 stuff until they fix the car.

Back