GT League suggestion: an exlusive garage?

• Thread starter queleuleu
  • 13 comments
Would you like to start over your garage in GT league? Like a classic GT.
Of course, all cars bought/won in GT league would be playbable in time attack, arcade mode, sport mode...
Definitely. It is something I have been advocating for several years which is a completely separate economy for the offline and online portions of the game, at the player's discretion of course. The game economy and the whole challenge of rising up through your career with limited funds is destroyed when the money flows like water in another part of the game.

I like the idea, unfortunately I doubt it'd be implemented. I feel like that's the sort of niche thing fans think about but devs overlook.

Has it been confirmed that gt league is going to be a separate part of the game?

If so then this makes sense. But if both modes are part of one game, then it doesn't because you would still be able to use any and every car you get in both modes for their specific races.

Why not just set up a seperate subsidiary account on your primary PS4 and start again only touching GT League from the start. Also means money starts at 50,000.

Same could be done if you wanted to see how far you can progress in Arcade only as well or any other mode. Family Management on PS4 enables this including online save and play but not other PS+.functions such as saving progress saves online - needs to be done via USB.

(Edited to makw it clearer re PS+ I hope).

Last edited:
Why not just set up a seperate subsidiary account on your primary PS4 and start again only touching GT League from the start. Also means money starts at 50,000.

Same could be done if you wanted to see how far you can progress in Arcade only as well or any other mode. Family Management on PS4 enables this including online save and play but not other PS+.functions such as saving progress saves online - needs to be done via USB.

(Edited to makw it clearer re PS+ I hope).
That is a reasonable work around but it would be better for players all around if you are able to separate the two at your discretion within a single game. The ability to separate the economy's while at the same time allowing your career mode cars to be used online would be extremely beneficial. As always, the more options for players, the better.

Well in theory you can make it happen without separating the economy, Maybe chart it separately (spreadsheet) allocating a starting balance. Adding only prize money you win in Offline mode to your offline career. Its some work but its your own career so it isnt like you are comparing to others anyway. Just need a little discipline.

I like this idea.

I doubt this would happen, but I hope to be proven wrong, it would add that classic sense of progression to GT League. After all, if PD is aiming for a more traditional formula here, why not go all the way.

Last edited:
Would you like to start over your garage in GT league? Like a classic GT.
Of course, all cars bought/won in GT league would be playbable in time attack, arcade mode, sport mode...

Would be nice though. So you are basically starting with very base car and step it up to get better and faster car. Just like old days...

However, if you look closely at the image below it seems GT League is part of Campaign Mode. Don't know if this means anything but maybe someone can give theory about this :

i1CEeyj6oOAW1SB.jpg

i1CEeyj6oOAW1SB_1.jpg

The game is far too generous for a classic GT: daily workout gift! Probably unpopular opinion but I don't like the fact that I can win a 2016 LMP1 after a couple of laps in time attack. IMO they should change the daily workout gift by offering paint chips, wheels, helmets...

@queleuleu, I agree. Even just with casual play, your garage is bursting at the seams with prize cars. It's not just the daily workout either, career mode gifts tons of cars as well. I remember in older GTs you could get a couple from license tests, but even then they were among the lower end of what was available in the game, basically just good starter cars.

I know GTS is a different direction than previous entries, they likely wanted the player to have good assortment for use in Sport mode without having to invest 30 hours first.

@queleuleu, I agree. Even just with casual play, your garage is bursting at the seams with prize cars. It's not just the daily workout either, career mode gifts tons of cars as well. I remember in older GTs you could get a couple from license tests, but even then they were among the lower end of what was available in the game, basically just good starter cars.

I know GTS is a different direction than previous entries, they likely wanted the player to have good assortment for use in Sport mode without having to invest 30 hours first.
Today, it's not only GT but also Forza! In Forza 6 I won a Bugatti Veyron after two or three races thanks to the lottery in game. The same in Forza Horizon.

Today, it's not only GT but also Forza! In Forza 6 I won a Bugatti Veyron after two or three races thanks to the lottery in game. The same in Forza Horizon.

It's loot box mentality. The entire industry has gotten this idea that players would rather be surprised by random prizes rather than actually earn what they want. It also helps with monetization when you get your client base used to getting random prizes it is easier to get them to accept the idea of buying lootboxes with zero idea of what is in them.

It's loot box mentality. The entire industry has gotten this idea that players would rather be surprised by random prizes rather than actually earn what they want. It also helps with monetization when you get your client base used to getting random prizes it is easier to get them to accept the idea of buying lootboxes with zero idea of what is in them.

#MillenialMentality am i right?!

Back