GT Life - Severely Broken

  • Thread starter Thread starter machschnel
  • 69 comments
  • 7,457 views
What

I'm level 34 and I haven't touched A SPEC since I finished the Vettel event. I never had a problem with monies or XP because I enjoy driving and I went and took my German touring car around the ring, my F430 around Rome and Deep forest etc etc. Xp and money aren't an issue to those that enjoy driving different cars on different tracks. The people that hate the levelling system are the ones continually grinding indy for no reason other than to 'rank'.

What? This thread is nothing to do with taking a long time to level up, having to do the same race more than one or anything to do with XP. It was simply comparing payouts of different races and how unbalanced they are and that for doing races like the 24 Hour events we should get more.
 
I totally agree, the reward for the endurance races are not worth it in monetary terms, but for XP it is, if your aim is to get to L40.

Whilst there is no option to save mid-race i wont do any of the 9hr/24hr races, but i may let bob do them on b-spec, and the only reason for this is to get to L35 and acquire a X2010 as its the only car i cant just go buy when I want it. If you are more concerned with earning money then definately do the American Championship race as its VERY easy money.

If you had the ability to save mid-race I would do the endurance races as I enjoy driving, especially on some of the chosen tracks. But as it would take me about 5 days to finish a 24hr race given that I have University to attend, I dont fancy leaving my PS3 on for that long.
 
Xp and money aren't an issue to those that enjoy driving different cars on different tracks. The people that hate the levelling system are the ones continually grinding indy for no reason other than to 'rank'.

I fully disagree. I have no interest in leveling. It's stupid idea regardless of the game it's in. I don't want to play A-Spec, at all. I bought the game to enjoy driving. The problem is, the leveling/credit system does its best to prevent me from doing so.

I'd like to focus online, but it hardly pays. My level is high enough so that I can buy any car bar the X1, so the virtually zero XP per race isn't that big of a deal. However, the lack of credits means I'll eventually need to go back to A-Spec to pay for more cars, upgrades, and maintenance. Unless I grind for maximum credits, I'll be forced to spend more time earning money and not doing what I want to do. Even if I grind, it still takes too long. 10 Like The Wind Indy's isn't even worth the 1,000,000 needed repair some of my cars, or to buy some of the more expensive cars.

You may somehow put up with a limited garage, and terrible opponent drivers, but I will not. I'd like to drive a wide variety of cars in a fun enviroment. That really makes online my only option. But to fully enjoy online, I'm forced to deal with A-Spec.
 
honestly, if you're doing a 24h at Nurburgring, you probably don't need the credits anyway and are doing it for the car, I presume.

if you need more money to upgrade what you have in your garage, feel free to grind Indy. I don't do most races for the Cr anyway, the higher lv stuff gives you better cars as a reward, and the cash/exp is just a little icing on the cake IMO.
 
I fully disagree. I have no interest in leveling. It's stupid idea regardless of the game it's in. I don't want to play A-Spec, at all. I bought the game to enjoy driving. The problem is, the leveling/credit system does its best to prevent me from doing so.

I'd like to focus online, but it hardly pays. My level is high enough so that I can buy any car bar the X1, so the virtually zero XP per race isn't that big of a deal. However, the lack of credits means I'll eventually need to go back to A-Spec to pay for more cars, upgrades, and maintenance. Unless I grind for maximum credits, I'll be forced to spend more time earning money and not doing what I want to do. Even if I grind, it still takes too long. 10 Like The Wind Indy's isn't even worth the 1,000,000 needed repair some of my cars, or to buy some of the more expensive cars.

You may somehow put up with a limited garage, and terrible opponent drivers, but I will not. I'd like to drive a wide variety of cars in a fun enviroment. That really makes online my only option. But to fully enjoy online, I'm forced to deal with A-Spec.

:confused:

You can earn 1.5 million credits in 5 laps in the seasonal events and 80 000cr in 5 minutes in the american championship indy race. How much more do you need?!

Oh and you aren't repairing your chassis, you're refreshing it. It needs doing every 5000km or so. It's not damage.
 
Whilst I agree there is a clear disparity between the prizes awarded for races and the effort/time put into them, at the end of the day the game isn't about accumulating money or trying to get to a higher level but it is about driving.

Enjoy the ride and stop worrying so much about the destination.
 
That's my view in a nutshell.

Adios

Surely anyone needs some sort of motivation to do a 24 hour race in a videogame? In real life the drivers have plenty of motivation but without a prizefund what motivation is there to do one in the game? It's not like you have any of the challenges you have in a real 24 hour race either, generally it's race off into the distance and lap on your own for 24 hours. I need some sort of motivation to do that.
 
I plan on doing the 24hrs of Le Mans once, maybe with a few friends.
However if I ever reach lvl 40 I will do the 24hrs of Nürburgring myself, and will probably do it several times.

One thing I will say about the 24hr endurance races....
If they wanted to make it more realistic, they should allow two of your B-Spec drivers to help you.

Per the current rules for the 24hrs of Le Mans:
Drivers can not drive more than four hours consecutively, and no one driver can run for more than fourteen hours total.

Another more far fetched idea would be to allow an online "team" to do the event, by exchanging/sending same game progress, much like how you "gift" items (with the same basic rules, 3 drivers, max 4hr stints, 14hrs max per person).
 
Last edited:
Xp and money aren't an issue to those that enjoy driving different cars on different tracks.
Except for the fact that the game actively prevents you from doing that. But yeah, other than how you are completely wrong in your assertion, you are totally right.

The people that hate the levelling system are the ones continually grinding indy for no reason other than to 'rank'.
Except for maybe the people who came into the game expecting some variety of freedom to play it the way they want (you know, like every other game in the series) rather than playing it in only the way PD forces on the player.
 
So you post in it to point out how awful it is, which contributes towards moving it the front of the queue. Okay...

I hope that me posting in this thread doesn't move it to the top! :)
 
I agree, if you're crazy enough to somehow do the Nurburgring for 24 hours then you should get 20,000,000 Credits or a "golden ticket" that allows you to have any car you want.

If I were still in school and had some friends/classmates crazy enough we could take turns hanging out at each other's homes doing the 24 hour Nurburgring while eating pizza and watching sports.
 
Pretty sure the PD apologists who don't seem to care no matter WHAT boneheaded feature is put in GT5 would have something to say to their employer if, after working for 24hrs straight, they got paid the same as what they make for doing just a few minutes work.

Logic. The missing ingredient that GT4 USED to have, and GT5 missed out on.
 
I can just picture the insanity. Once you spent 12 hours..
 
Dream Car Championship @ Indy = 108,000 Cr, 5-6 minute duration.
*1,296,000 Cr per hour
*216,000 Cr per ten minutes


Grand Valley 300km = 136,000 Cr, 1 hour 45 minute duration.
*77000 Cr per hour
*1200 Cr per ten minutes

Nurburgring 24 Hour = 1,830,000, 24 hours.
*76,250 Cr per hour
*12,700 Cr per ten minutes

Its so frustrating because there is no logic behind it.

Nürburgrng 24H is maybe the thoughest car race in the world. 95% of all GT5 players will never ever manage to beat that race (because there is no save option during races). Beating this race means beating the game... But the rewards are... poor. Doing the american championship Indy race 17 times gives more money + it only takes roughly 100 min. Also, driving a car around the ring for 24h means alot of chassis/engine wear. 150 laps around the 24hring are equal to lets say 3750km distance. This means you will have to overhaul the engine and chassis after the race. This costs 1 million Cr.

Somebody needs to wake up Kaz and his PD team. They already made the same mistake in GTPSP (2 Laps around Test Course = ~70 Laps at Monaco).
 
If GT6 comes out and has 1 car, 1 track, no car tuning, and it freezes 9/10 when u play it, some people will still say it a great game and play it because they love drivin. If PD told them to bend over they would say harded
 
Pretty sure the PD apologists who don't seem to care no matter WHAT boneheaded feature is put in GT5 would have something to say to their employer if, after working for 24hrs straight, they got paid the same as what they make for doing just a few minutes work.
You do realise you are comparing a game to work? If you feel that a game is "work" and that you need a reward for playing it then you are totally missing the point of what a game should be - fun. The reward from a game should always be primarily the fun of playing it and the sense of achievement in completing it.

Personally, I will probably never do any of the endurance races because driving round the same tracks for hours is not my idea of fun. I don't believe anyone is forcing me to do it nor forcing you to do it.
 
You do realise you are comparing a game to work? If you feel that a game is "work" and that you need a reward for playing it then you are totally missing the point of what a game should be - fun. The reward from a game should always be primarily the fun of playing it and the sense of achievement in completing it.

Personally, I will probably never do any of the endurance races because driving round the same tracks for hours is not my idea of fun. I don't believe anyone is forcing me to do it nor forcing you to do it.
You are so right.

it is a game nobody makes you play it.
I don't care about the rewards for the races (or atleast not that much) If I'm having a good time an get my mind away from work or other things it's good enough for me:tup:

PS: I do like the endurance races allthough I might never find the time to do the 24h races.:)
 
The way I understand Destinkeys, his words were not so much pointing towards comparing playing a game with work, rather than trying to find a good example at how the game doesn't reward you very well for the endurance races if you contrast the temporal efforts with some shorter events.
 
Last edited:
The people that hate the levelling system are the ones continually grinding indy for no reason other than to 'rank'.
Or maybe they are just people that don't have all the day to play GT5. If I want to buy and drive a McLaren F1, the only way I can do it in less than 2 hours is to do a stupid oval over and over until I don't reach the million I need. Forget about seasonal, they can't be "grinded". You can use that money just once, and don't forget that not every people can go online with their PS3.
 
The people that hate the levelling system are the ones continually grinding indy for no reason other than to 'rank'.

So absolutely untrue it's not even funny. I hate the leveling system, I hate the credits, I hate the stupid, unrealistic, jacked up economies in these types of games (Forza, GT5) and it has absolutely nothing to do with my rank.

It has everything to do with wanting to drive the cars I want to drive. So yea, I'm forced to grind Indy some just so I can afford to buy cars. Even doing that, there are some priced so stupidly high in game, I can't ever see being able to buy them. I mean, I'm not going to spend two days numbing my mind on Indy to get 20 million credits, just to spend it all on one car. It's ridiculous.
 
Your kidding right? So your'e saying you don't care that I could do Dream Car Indy for 10% less time than I'd spend on the Nurburgring 24 Hour and get a similar Credit balance?

Ignorance is bliss I suppose.

There are two ways of looking at it. One you're absolutely right and PD didn't really put any effort or thought into balancing the A-Spec section as a game.

Or they know people will grind, they're not likely to on the Nurburgring (the fools you may as well enjoy grinding and gain some knowledge of the course) so they made the grind friendly event a straight forward oval for people who don't play games for fun.
 
Its cos the games **** . Im going back to FRE, maybe ill come back when theres a DL,
Eutechnix race engin shows polyphony's up even if thir game's 10 times smaller.
Dont get me wrong, its took me 2 weeks to do 60% and im not having fun, this game should have come out 3 years ago, we should be on GT 8 by now...............
 
Same, since over a week and I'm nowhere near having enough money to purchase all cars, sigh.

Yikes! Over 1000 cars, some of which (quite a lot, actually) are over a million cr. each, some as high as 20M, and you are SURPRISED you haven't been able to grind for them in a week or so?!

What were you expecting? Have you played any other game EVER where you could buy every last item in the game after a week's playtime? Give me a break!
 
I hate the prize system also. I stopped playing GT already. I only play it to take pictures. I CAN´T WAIT FOR GRAN TURISMO 6!! AND IT BETTER BE OUT FOR THE PS3!!!!!! 05/12/2012 Thats when I predict GT6 is going to be out. And I know its going to be like previous GT´s. Its going to be mind blowing like the current GT, but its going to have the fun factor and variety that GT1 to GT4 had... Faith everyone!!!

How are Gran Turismo 5 and Need For Speed alike?
1. Both are car games
2. Both last only one month LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...don´t pay me any attention... I just needed to vent...
 
Last edited:
@ Destinkeys: Lol chill out yo! I golded EVERYTHING and EVERY seasonal event besides that, so I think it is quite reasonable to expect to have at least 70-80 of the cars by now.
 
Whilst I agree there is a clear disparity between the prizes awarded for races and the effort/time put into them, at the end of the day the game isn't about accumulating money or trying to get to a higher level but it is about driving.

Enjoy the ride and stop worrying so much about the destination.

Well the two intertwine, if say for example I want to drive one of the 20,000,000 cr cars, I'm going to have to do some serious grinding to acquire said car.
 
Unless you're going for the plat, there's no reason to having to force yourself to grind to lvl 40 once you're at lvl 30.
 
Back