GT Life - Severely Broken

  • Thread starter Thread starter machschnel
  • 69 comments
  • 7,457 views
Unless you're going for the plat, there's no reason to having to force yourself to grind to lvl 40 once you're at lvl 30.

Or you drive so long that you can purchase every car, I am sure that I will hit level 40 before I will be able to buy every car in the game, somewhat a win-win situation.
 
GT Life is broken because they intertwined it with GT online: the intended method for reaching level 40, as opposed to grinding. For some reason PD is convinced that once someone completes GT life they will stop playing the game. Some might, but most wouldn't. They are intertwined in this way: they spaced out the endurance events with a 16 level spread instead of a 5 level spread like for ALL the other series (Beginner to Extreme). By making Nurburgriing 40 instead of 35 or 36, they essentially force everyone to complete the online portions of both A-spec and B-spec (1.06) or grind A-spec and B-spec to limits beyond belief. So essentially GT life is designed to be the very last thing you finish in the game if you ever do. For me this is kind of cruel for those with OCD (most gamers) because we sit here having completed 99% of the game (though really only a small portion of it) and it essentially required twice the amount of time it took to get the 99% just to get that last 1%. Right now all I have left to do in GT life officially is Nurburgring in both A-spec and B-spec. I would love to finish the last golds in each of these and then focus entirely on the online components, time trials, drifting, etc. PD is afraid that if I were to finish the A-spec and B-spec I would lose all interest in the rest of their game (and those who defend the grinding think the same thing): i.e. they think that once GT life is 100% done there is nothing of value left to play; there must always be a carrot slightly out of reach. So essentially PD and the defenders subconsciously think that the rest of the game is not that good, while those who want the levels gone, grind gone, or make the lvl 40 race a lvl 35 or 36 race actually see more value in the rest of the game than PD and the defenders do. It's a difficult concept to grasp but it's true.
It wouldn't hurt anyone to be able to complete the A-spec and B-spec Endurance series well before reaching level 40. In a well thought out game levels 35 through 40 would have been a measure of how much you played online against others or the bobs of others. But PD felt that if the single-player game were completed before the multiplayer one, the multiplayer one would be avoided or forgotten, and thus future DLC wouldn't be purchased. It's sad when developers and their butt-kissers feel the need to artificially force longevity instead of letting the game simply be what it is.
Sorry the math in my head can't ever get over the 240 hours it takes to get from B-spec lvl 36 to 40 (so I can't finish the last 1% of the part of the game I don't enjoy: there is a great attraction to the idea of never playing B-spec again, but that 1% just sits there mocking me! All because Kaz wants me to play 100s of hours of GT anywhere before I can officially call B-spec quits).
More on topic: the CR values for the endurance races were set for races ranging from levels 29 to 34, but then some nut-head spread out those races to level 40, without adjusting the CR or XP values after they did so. [They did this to fill in for the uncompleted online A-spec and B-spec.] It was the intertwining of two completely separate motives that should never have influenced one another that caused the issues.
 
I completely agree. I actually just finished the Indy 500 the other day because I wanted the Jag race car, and when the credits rolled up, I literally lol'd when I read the payout of 250k+. Thats 2 races on the Dream Car series.

And its not just the credits, the car prizes are completely out of wack. You get a Furai concept for an easy B spec race or a 20 mil Jag for doing the Indy 500. Then I see you win a HKS CT230R (250k credit car lol) for a 9 hour race or 5 mil credit R10 for the 24h Ring Endurance, which lets be real, is a tough and long race.

Sadly Im going to avoid alot of these endurance races because the payoff is so bad. They should of made these prize cars only obtainable to winning that race.
 
Sadly Im going to avoid alot of these endurance races because the payoff is so bad. They should of made these prize cars only obtainable to winning that race.

But then people will complain that you can't obtain those cars without trading (which PD did not make a system for) or without duping/cheating.

I have to assume that PD designed the reward to include the pride or whatever BS that you actually completed those races. But seeing how much time PD spent on just the cars, I think PD had the "eh, let's just go with it" attitude.
 
GT Life is broken because they intertwined it with GT online: the intended method for reaching level 40, as opposed to grinding. For some reason PD is convinced that once someone completes GT life they will stop playing the game. Some might, but most wouldn't. They are intertwined in this way: they spaced out the endurance events with a 16 level spread instead of a 5 level spread like for ALL the other series (Beginner to Extreme). By making Nurburgriing 40 instead of 35 or 36, they essentially force everyone to complete the online portions of both A-spec and B-spec (1.06) or grind A-spec and B-spec to limits beyond belief. So essentially GT life is designed to be the very last thing you finish in the game if you ever do. For me this is kind of cruel for those with OCD (most gamers) because we sit here having completed 99% of the game (though really only a small portion of it) and it essentially required twice the amount of time it took to get the 99% just to get that last 1%. Right now all I have left to do in GT life officially is Nurburgring in both A-spec and B-spec. I would love to finish the last golds in each of these and then focus entirely on the online components, time trials, drifting, etc. PD is afraid that if I were to finish the A-spec and B-spec I would lose all interest in the rest of their game (and those who defend the grinding think the same thing): i.e. they think that once GT life is 100% done there is nothing of value left to play; there must always be a carrot slightly out of reach. So essentially PD and the defenders subconsciously think that the rest of the game is not that good, while those who want the levels gone, grind gone, or make the lvl 40 race a lvl 35 or 36 race actually see more value in the rest of the game than PD and the defenders do. It's a difficult concept to grasp but it's true.
It wouldn't hurt anyone to be able to complete the A-spec and B-spec Endurance series well before reaching level 40. In a well thought out game levels 35 through 40 would have been a measure of how much you played online against others or the bobs of others. But PD felt that if the single-player game were completed before the multiplayer one, the multiplayer one would be avoided or forgotten, and thus future DLC wouldn't be purchased. It's sad when developers and their butt-kissers feel the need to artificially force longevity instead of letting the game simply be what it is.
Sorry the math in my head can't ever get over the 240 hours it takes to get from B-spec lvl 36 to 40 (so I can't finish the last 1% of the part of the game I don't enjoy: there is a great attraction to the idea of never playing B-spec again, but that 1% just sits there mocking me! All because Kaz wants me to play 100s of hours of GT anywhere before I can officially call B-spec quits).
More on topic: the CR values for the endurance races were set for races ranging from levels 29 to 34, but then some nut-head spread out those races to level 40, without adjusting the CR or XP values after they did so. [They did this to fill in for the uncompleted online A-spec and B-spec.] It was the intertwining of two completely separate motives that should never have influenced one another that caused the issues.

Interesting theory but it doesn't sit well with me because online Cr and XP payouts are so weak that you are far better off time wise grinding A and B spec... I mean if you are trying to force someone to go online who otherwise would ignore it wouldn't you make online payout the more desireable? That is ignoring why PD would even think online would need to be pushed... it's been on the front of everyones mind since GT4 and it's a staple of almost every game out today... so on that alone I just don't see how the need to force online play works.

Then it flies right in the face of making seasonal challenges payout in gobs... I mean they want to force online, but make it payout worse than Aspec and Bspec and then add yet ANOTHER offline mode that makes pay even BETTER?

I dunno... doesn't work in my mind...

I think Aspec and Bspec were broken because like so much else PD somehow managed their time really poorly and ended up getting put under the gun so released an unfinished game on many fronts.
 
not to forget that the prize cars are ridiculus too.. can you gift me a simple mc laren f1 for completing the 24h?! at least the old model wich cost a lot more if pd has the desperate need of gifting me a mc laren.. that makes the 24hrs completely useless..
 
Interesting theory but it doesn't sit well with me because online Cr and XP payouts are so weak that you are far better off time wise grinding A and B spec... I mean if you are trying to force someone to go online who otherwise would ignore it wouldn't you make online payout the more desireable? That is ignoring why PD would even think online would need to be pushed... it's been on the front of everyones mind since GT4 and it's a staple of almost every game out today... so on that alone I just don't see how the need to force online play works.

Then it flies right in the face of making seasonal challenges payout in gobs... I mean they want to force online, but make it payout worse than Aspec and Bspec and then add yet ANOTHER offline mode that makes pay even BETTER?

I dunno... doesn't work in my mind...

I think Aspec and Bspec were broken because like so much else PD somehow managed their time really poorly and ended up getting put under the gun so released an unfinished game on many fronts.

I consider the seasonal events an 'online' component (though I get your point that it is not anything like multiplayer). But yeah think about the online payouts in this way: would players rather grind against boring AI for a lot of money or have more fun against real people online for moderate rewards; though if you play the right tracks with enough people and do well enough the rewards get large (I've seen millions of credits and a few hundred thousand XP from 200 lap Daytona); payouts for online are generally small but given the amount of time PD seems to want people to put in (soon you will be 'playing' B-spec while at school and or work) you have to imagine the online component from levels 35-40 having been planned for something like a two year life-span for the average player.
 
If the Seaonals last that long and you ignore the longer Endurances races (for sanity's sake) it will take about two years to get to Lv 40 A spec relying on the Exp from the Seasonals.

I would very much like to know why the last Endurance Race is at Level 40, other than the reason stated above. How much (pointless) Experience does it actually give you to further frustrate. The least the next patch could do would be to move that Endurance Race so that A spec could at least benefit from the Experience gained from enduring it!
 
I've given up with GT Life.

At the moment im level 35 and to be honest to get to this level didn't require much grinding because of getting gold on the Vettel challenge. However I seem to be stuck on level 35 now because I will not do the 9hr/24hr endurance races unless we see a patch that allows us to save.

As i've said on many threads it took PD 2yrs to model tracks such as Madrid, Rome but it looks as though 2mins went into A/B Spec. These events to me look as though they were thrown together at the last minute.
 
I just want to point out that the American Championship, indy at Extreme events is even more efficient! If you have the Ford GT LM race car spec II, like i do (you win it in some race), you can finish the race in just under 4 minutes and you will win 117, 000 cr. I believe this is the best grinding method i A - spec.
 
Back