GT memories

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mr. Mika
  • 50 comments
  • 2,441 views
Messages
184
Guys,

I'm kinda new here and i must say: great, great site. It's good to see other GT freaks, because i'm actually the only one in my community (how's that possible? Don't know, really).
I don't know if this has been posted before (searched, but couldn't find), but i have a question:

Since we're all about to welcome Gt4 (well, within the next year, at least...) and thus saying goodbye (you never actually say goodbye, but you know what i mean) to the previous series, i was wondering: What is your greatest GT memory? I mean something like your greatest race, or best overtaking manouvre, or whatever.

Thank you in advance for replying!
 
Best time was having all my buddies over when gt3 was released....beers, snacks, and gt3 racing.....best release party ever...
 
When I won the GT90 in GT2 but when I test drove it I was dissapointed :]'
Well my best memori would be when I get GT4!
 
I was doing an endurence race (rome 2 hours, gt2) and I let my uncoordinated friend play the final lap because I was like 10 laps ahead of everyone. He tried to screw me up obviously, but he spun while going into the pit, the car rubbed up against the wall and the auto pilot couldnt get it unstuck, like 10 meters from the finish line. When I look back it was funny, but at the time I was quite pissed.

BTW- Welcome to GTP Mr. Mika
 
Well,
Probably the most beautiful memory of GT3 was the first time i've seen the Intro. :)
Then ... my first GT3 car, a panda (balck and white) Trueno; my first races ... the new type of handling (from GT2 to GT3) ...; the license ...
The first drift ... :p

Well .. my best memories are the first two or three weeks of GT3 ...

-EDIT-
And, obviusly the FIRST time ever ... on GT ... the intro (i have goose bums only to think it, amazing!!) and High speed ring ... the 1st track i have ever see on GT series!
 
For me it was the first 3 days after I got GT2, I played for like 19,20 hours straight and it was the first time I ever played a GT game and I fell in love. :)
 
Nemo
I was doing an endurence race (rome 2 hours, gt2) and I let my uncoordinated friend play the final lap because I was like 10 laps ahead of everyone. He tried to screw me up obviously, but he spun while going into the pit, the car rubbed up against the wall and the auto pilot couldnt get it unstuck, like 10 meters from the finish line. When I look back it was funny, but at the time I was quite pissed.

BTW- Welcome to GTP Mr. Mika


:dopey: and thank you
 
Hi Mr. Mika, same community problem here^^ (Wolfsoft.de)

My youngest memories are about finishing the last f'n Race on the Test Track. I beg to PD to naver make such boring races again ;)

the oldest memories are about how i got annoyed about the Tunnel chicane on SSR11. Damn Edge ;)

In GT2 i had filled up one compleze mem card with Nissans. Colelcting Fun extreme^^

cya
Maggo
 
honestly, the best feeling in the GT series is something that fades away with time.

When you first crack into the game and tackle the license tests, you get behind the wheel of a couple of 100hp cars in the basic tests... Then, you get behind the wheel of something like a Integra Type R or a S14, and you feel like you've got a quick car, and have a great sense for its acceleration...

Then you get to the next test, and you plop down at the helm of a Supra or NSX... light goes green, the car squats down, and rockets down the straightaway. First time behind the wheel of a stock, high performance car in a GT game is a GREAT feeling. The respect you have for the car, and the sense of acceleration the game leaves you with, is perfect.

unfortunately, a month later, when you have 35 cars with 800 or more HP, you senses are dulled and unless the needle of the speedo is winding out like it was spring loaded, you don't feel like you're going fast at all.
 
Hmm,
My best GT Memories is when I play the first GT [JDM-spec], driving the Evo IV for the first time boggles my brain for months. I'm not saying "farewell" to all my past GT game (well, except GT3 {good ridance}). And hey, I'm still playing GT2 (using my friends PS1) like it was new again while waiting for GT4, too bad my PS2 is gathering dust (but its covered with a towel all around).
 
First ever screenshot I saw of gran turismo was in a mag in 1997 or 98. A purple Subaru legacy stationwgaon head-on on the straight on trial mountain. I thought I was going to buy a playstation just for that. I waited another 6 years though. Other memory: racing a tuned mazda mx5 experiencing power-on oversteer for the first time 👍
 
Hey if you're covering your ps2 with a towel to protect from dust, make sure you don't block the air vents, or it'll over heat and breakdown anyway! :crazy:

Okay - EDIT - thought you were using it with a towel around....lol - should have read thread properly - sorry....lol :dunce:
 
If you have a PS2, why are you borrowing a friend's PS1 to play? The PS2 plays GT and GT2 just fine.

I have fond memories of various 2-player races in GT with my friend.. he had a moderately fast vehicle that handled well, I had a "monster" Skyline that was stupid-fast, but could barely turn. The two cars ended up being evenly matched.. made for interesting races.

And, of course, oogling at the graphics of GT3 for the first time.. hehe. Just like I'm oogling at GT4 now. :)
 
And, of course, oogling at the graphics of GT3 for the first time.. hehe. Just like I'm oogling at GT4 now. :)


Oogling. Now THERE'S a word i've never heard... ;)
But then again, i'm from holland. So...

One of my greatest memories is the first race i won in GT2. I had just obtained all my licenses, bought a Honda Civic and was ready to take 'em all. But the competiton was so close, i couldn't win. With the money i made from getting third an stuff, i managed to tune the little Honda a bit. But still, it was very close an if i didn't win, i would be a bit stuck. But then... I entered the final corner of the final lap (tahiti) in 3rd, but finished 1st. I was actually jumping up and down in my room.
Great memories.
GT2 ruled.
 
My best time in GT3 was when on the last lap of the tokyo endurance race i hit the handbrake and slid across the finish line doing 360's. Then i realized it was the second to last lap, got passed and lost.
 
I had GT 1 and 2 but no PS lol whenever I went over a friends house I would bring my game , one time i was doing an endurance race on lap 35 or so and they had to leave so I had to turn it off. my fav memory is just playing it for the 1st time on High speed ring
 
My best memory is from GT3. Me and my cousin split the costs and bought the Xport so we could do engine swaps in GT3. He took his Civic hatchback. Got it to around 480 Horspower. With a single turbo. Weighting in at about 1000 lbs. And i made a CamaroSS twin turbo with about 800HP weighting almost 3000lbs. So we have these two cars. After listening to my cousin talk about how all american made cars suck and hondas rule the earth :crazy: . I stomped his ass like it was nothing. We did a 40 to 200mph race. It stayed close to about 115mph. But then i took off like a rocket i topped out around 240MPH with my gears a little over mid way. I think later we topped the car at around 380MPH!! :dopey: :dopey: :)
 
My best memory is from GT2. When a friend of mine first got it, we played it all night long trying out almost every car. I can still remember how our eyelids were weighing a tonne, and we refused to fall a sleep. At about lunchtime we decided to save the game and turn the console off. After about an hour of sleep I woke up seeing my friend doing another race. Found myself with new energy and kept playing for another few hours. The next day I slept like 18 hours straight.
 
My best GT memory was when I had brought a PS2 and got GT3 with it. Once I finally managed to get the thing going I selected the Loctite Skyline(sp?) and Trail Mountain and was away. That first lap was just amazing fun.
I was also shocked at how the car sounded down the straight. Sounded like a bloody plane.
 
From Caligula1:
Hey if you're covering your ps2 with a towel to protect from dust, make sure you don't block the air vents, or it'll over heat and breakdown anyway!

-> I cover my PS2 with a towel when not in use. :)

From Jedi2016:
If you have a PS2, why are you borrowing a friend's PS1 to play? The PS2 plays GT and GT2 just fine.

-> I know, but to unlock cars that are not available in the USDM version 1.2 (such as [R]CLK-DTM, Honda Integra series, Mugen S2000, Rex Supercharged Toyota Altezza, Honda NSX-R series, and those Vauxhall series), it is easier to use the Gameshark CDX on the PS1 than the PS2. :indiff:

-That why I like GT2 than GT3 because it has more cars to collect, and I hope it will be the same with GT4. :)
 
Greatest memory was when the Porsche 911 appeared in my garage. Thanks MK!!! Heaven…and not likely to be repeated :(
 

Attachments

  • Porsche.gif
    Porsche.gif
    28.2 KB · Views: 85
:eek: Wow!!! 👍

-> How did you get that? The only car that I unlocked thru Gameshark in GT3 was the [R]Nomad Lamborghini Diablo GT. :p
 
The Vanishing Boy
:eek: Wow!!! 👍

-> How did you get that? The only car that I unlocked thru Gameshark in GT3 was the [R]Nomad Lamborghini Diablo GT. :p


Get a sharkport off ebay. Just think; playing with Porsche 911 GT3 may just help you through the final months of waiting. By the way it has it’s own distinctive engine note(not RGT) and comes in many colours. Mmmm
 
Heihachi
Get a sharkport off ebay. Just think; playing with Porsche 911 GT3 may just help you through the final months of waiting. By the way it has it’s own distinctive engine note(not RGT) and comes in many colours. Mmmm

That and the Lancia Stratos [non rally version]. Good stuff.
 
linoleum
That and the Lancia Stratos [non rally version]. Good stuff.

Can’t say I had any really fond memories in the stratos. Had a bit of trouble getting it to handle well.
My other fond memory of note was winning a black FTO LM for the first time. I reloaded the race countless times and then it finally spun into view. :drool:
 

Attachments

  • stra.jpeg
    stra.jpeg
    41 KB · Views: 45
  • stra2.jpeg
    stra2.jpeg
    56.4 KB · Views: 46
Greyout
honestly, the best feeling in the GT series is something that fades away with time.

When you first crack into the game and tackle the license tests, you get behind the wheel of a couple of 100hp cars in the basic tests... Then, you get behind the wheel of something like a Integra Type R or a S14, and you feel like you've got a quick car, and have a great sense for its acceleration...

Then you get to the next test, and you plop down at the helm of a Supra or NSX... light goes green, the car squats down, and rockets down the straightaway. First time behind the wheel of a stock, high performance car in a GT game is a GREAT feeling. The respect you have for the car, and the sense of acceleration the game leaves you with, is perfect.

unfortunately, a month later, when you have 35 cars with 800 or more HP, you senses are dulled and unless the needle of the speedo is winding out like it was spring loaded, you don't feel like you're going fast at all.

I could not agree more, that is one feeling I cannot wait to have, kudos on your writing because that is exactly how I feel.

nightkid86
My best time in GT3 was when on the last lap of the tokyo endurance race i hit the handbrake and slid across the finish line doing 360's. Then i realized it was the second to last lap, got passed and lost.

LOL, Ive done the exact same thing on a different endurence race...twice :dunce:
 
A few GT memories I am still fond of...

1) Completing all Gold Licenses before entering the racing part of GT.

2) My first race... Mitsubishi FTO LM in the Grand Valley 300 Endurance... guess my placing ;)

3) Then when the game was finally completed, my friends and I came up with a nifty, we thought at the time, lap time contest. However we deemed that the car we'd choose would have restrictions of 350hp. The track that was finally chosen was Deep Forest, as at the time no-one particularly favoured it & it had quick & tight sections in it, thus car set-up became a factor.

I remember getting about 10 different cars and getting them to 350hp and weight reduced without any other set-up changes. I'd drive each endlessly around Deep Forest comparing which I drove quickest. After I chose my car, it took it to the 400m/1000m acceleration test and fiddled with the gear ratio's until my car was quicker over both (by abit I might add too). Then I'd take it to Deep Forest, work on ride height, cambers etc and really fine tune it.

In the end the fine tuned car was ALOT quicker than the 'standard 350hp car', we all got together, revealed our choices, and tried to beat each others times... Outta the five people results were reasonably similiar, about 1.4secs. I was second about 0.15-0.20secs behind my mates Lightweight Mazda RX-7 he'd found in the Used Cars, I for record chose a TVR Griffith 500.

All hell broke loose when I turned a time 0.5secs quicker in his car... ;)

p.s. Deep Forest became a track we all now are fond of.

4) Not giving my friend the Nissan Skyline GT-R 400R, cause he couldn't get two Golds :D

5) Getting an early copy (6 weeks before our release) of the US GT2, for my chipped Playstation, and hearing the Cardigans opening sequence, STILL soooooo much better than the PAL techno (UK) version.

6) Finding out that Nurburgring Nordschleife was officially confirmed in GT4!!!
 
On the first intro, in Gt1, when the engines revs and the tires squeeked, it was amazing I would put the volume to max and let it roar.!
 
best memories i have had are from the memory card battles with friends one particular moment when i bashed him against the wall and he flew up above my roof man that was funny.
 
I have two big memories.

1) On an overnight field trip in elementary school we went to a game store next to the hotel. I played a demo for either gt1 or gt2 (can't remember which though). I just remember thinking "Whoa, I need to brake?"

2) Went to best buy rigth around the release of gt3. They had a ps2 set up with it. I went into arcade mode and picked a C5-R on trial mountain. My thoughts this time were "Whoa I need to brake? I need more money, I'm getting this." And saving up for a ps2 and gt3.
 
Back