GT memories

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mr. Mika
  • 50 comments
  • 2,441 views
- First time I played a GT game.
- First time I got a copy of my own (GT2).
- First time I played said copy.
- First time I won a race.
- First time I got a real racing car.
- First time I beat the Escudo.
- First time I won the world Championship
- Smell of 'racing' from spinning disc.

(List continues on in this fashion for some time ... you get the idea).
 
my most favourite moments to date both involve the test course. first time i whacked my stereo setup with my ps2 i got an ruf rgt souped up to the max and went to the course. banged the car into 5th straight away and listened to it rev all the way to the red. at 2,000rpm the room vibrated. at 4,000rpm the speakers whistled as they vibrated rpaidly and at 9,000rpm my face lit up at the car screamed along the straight at 320km/h still in 5th :).

my other memory is similar, but with a supra 1000hp+ on a race with the likes of toyota gt-one. at the beginning i revved my supra's HUGE engine and the sound made me grin, but the start made my heart sink as the other cars had little wheelspin and flew off, i nearly sat on the spot with the car going no where. however, when i finally got to graps s with the car, it only took till the second straight to pass them at 428km/h :):):):)
 
When i got GT1 and my ps for christmas :)
:drool: GT2 demo was so cool that i bought the game right in the day it came out :)
Then when i got my PS2 and GT3 :drool: SUPA GRAPHICS :drool:
the intro movies in all GTs are :eek: :drool: :bowdown: at first sight
when i got my first 0,000 time difference :scared: against a friend in a gt90
501 khm with the 180sx in gt2 :dopey:
F1 in GT3 👍
reaching 100%in GT1, GT2 & GT3
Buying the first car :dunce: "which one????" :confused:
Repeating at least 3 times each GT :dopey:
and the list goes on and on...................
 
My first memory was when i was first introduced to the series with GT3. Yeah you heard me, and now i regret waiting that long... I had always had Nintendo's like the Super NES and the N64, and never had a playstation with GT or GT2. So i finally got a PS2, rented GT3, and after the last day of rental, i was in love and i went out and bought it right away.

My biggest disappointment. I was at 93.4 percent in GT3, my friend came over one day and he wanted my game on his memory card, and so i tried to transfer it...and i accidently copied his game over to my memory card!!! He was at 50%. I nearly died. So close to the end, and then it's gone in 5 seconds. :guilty:

So i found a save online at 100 percent, and just played arcade mode for awhile, but then i decided to tackle the game on my own once and for all. A few months after i started, i finally beat GT3, and i was in heaven.

Now for some of my racing memories. I remember a few months ago, i was racing my friend on the complex string. I had a Viper Team Oreca, and he had the Vette C5-R. It was a 2 lap race and it was pretty close the whole time. Then he got away from me after i hit the dirt and nearly spun. As he went into the last corner and onto the straightaway, i got off the corner better. Flying as fast as i could as i was behind, i suddenly caught his draft. I caught up and passed him before the finish line and beat him by like .045 seconds. Couldn't believe it.

My friend has GT2, and one day i decided to do a race at the Muscle car cup or something like that. i chose a Spoon S2000, and raced up against cars like Corvette grandsports, camaro SS, Shelby Series one, and some others at Laguna Seca. They definitely had the muscle, but i had the turning. I eventually caught them because they spun a lot, and at the last corner on the last lap, i was being tailed by the Corvette Grandsport, as well as the Camaro, and i blocked them both and one the race! An untuned Spoon S2000 beats American muscle. I was extatic.

I have many more memories from the series, but i'd be here all day. GT3 got me addicted, and now i'm a GT RacingFreak. Thanks PD!!! :)
 
One of my best memories was back in 1997 when i didnt even had GT1, but it was already released. I saw GT1 in a toyshop, where it was displayed on a TV, i was stunned:crazy: by the replay that was running with that purple TVR griffth :) I thought i must have that game!!

When i think of GT2, it must be the Alfa 155 touring car on Rome Night 👍

In GT3 on Deep Forest II with the Vanquish. The glaring sun, the sound of the Vanquish..., thats a GT memory i will not forget :) 👍

But as some other people said, there are so many good memories from GT its hard to pick only 1 or even 1/game!!

One BAD memory was when i saw that the Racing Mod. was not in GT3 :ouch:
 
When i finiished 0.001 BEHIND my friend on GT2, Tahiti road.. the agony and humiliation.. :grumpy:

Fantastic race though
 
Proly my favorite moment of GT3 was whipping around complex string like it was nothing in my hybrid SVT Cobra R.
Had a GT40 engine and F094/S suspension, and Brakes from a Dodge Viper.
Tires from the Z concept car. Looks kinda funny with the big wheels but she is a very sweet ride once you get the racing tranny all setup.
My time on Complet string is 4 mins flat. And that's without getting used to the track, I know I should do more, but one lap of pure joy is enough most times.
Another good moment was when my dad bet me I couldn't get any car to do a decent burnout.
Dodge Viper GTS-R Team Oreca, loaded with HP, short gears, and no limited slip or driver's assist. Manual tranny. Just floor it through first gear and it will burn all the way into fourth....
 
spending 3 month straight playing GT3 6 hours a day to beat my friend.

getting distracted and loosing the All night endurance in GT2 when my buddie showed me porn on comp...
 
When my brother and I were racing our TVR Speed 12s and I lost by 0.001. Good race, we were slingshot drafting the whole time.
 
1. Discovering GT1 for the first time, untill then I was a die hard Nintendo fanboy, played it on a mates PS1 then thats it I was hooked.

2. Getting my new PS1 and playing GT1 for the first time.

3. Playing GT3 for the first time.





4. Knowones said it yet but discovering GTPLANET :sly: :) 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍
 
GT1- I was doing a race at the test course and see and Honda NSX spin out at the entry of turn 3 then hit the out side wall then start fliping over like 15 times :confused:.... I bring up the replay and into the incar view of the NSX and watching the flips made me feel sick :sick:!...

GT2- the TVR Speed 12 @ Motorsports park... that was fun!!!! 👍

GT3- The Ford Falcon V8 supercar! 475km/h in a 1800hp Escudo... WTF :scared:

GT Concept - toyota pod racing. :dopey: I hope that type of track/race is in GT4 :sly: . Also start to realise that i can win without T/S on :) .

GT4 Prolouge- Just a really demo to the full thing but seeing the detail of the tracks and the taste of cars to come makes the wait worth while :cool:

To this day i still play GT2 trying out every car!
 
The first 10 seconds of driving GT1 I knew it was going to be a revolution in driving games history. That was '97 and still no other developer comes close IMO.
 
Cosmic
When I won the GT90 in GT2 but when I test drove it I was dissapointed :]'

yeah. the gt90 was the most kinky car in the whole series.

my best gt-memories are the very hard races with one of my friends. and this happens nearly every weekend since '97. you can't imagine how many replays i saved on my memorycard (billions from every part of gt).
 
The race in GT3 where you are not allowed to use modified cars in an endurance race. Your car is no better than anyone elses and you have to be the better driver in order to win. No engine mods.. no suspension mods.. no tire mods.. nothing.. I took a stock NSX type S Zero and raced for a few hours, taking all the nessasary pit stops and in the end, won the race by not the many many laps I usually do using much higher powered cars in the races.. no.. I won by mere seconds over second place. I felt like a real race car driver for the first time after that race.. It took strategy and some intense driving to win and it was such a great feeling and yes, a great memory to have won that race over such a long period of time. I have never forgotten that race nor will I ever.

With all the races you can just race with a much better car, this one wouldnt allow it. That is what made it the most satisfying GT race ever.
 
I still remember being stunned :eek: by seeing a Japanese GT1 playing in a local game shop. The replay just blew me away, I stood there transfixed, and when I played it, I went and got my PS chipped and bought the Japanese import.

For the next 6 months, or how ever long it was, I was playing constantly. And then started again when the PAL version was released.

Being obsessed with GT1 led to a job in that same games shop, getting asked if I wanted to work there, which was nice. ;) :)

I hope all the tracks from the previous games are back, I want hi res versions of the those initial tracks, because that's how I remember them in my head. :)
 
Best memory : racing the Seattle circuit in GT2 with my cousin. We are at the same level so the races are always good. For 90% of the time we pick the same car so you can't say "oh you have a faster car, oh you have a 4 wd car" etc. :)

It's always fun. And heck, even a party game game can beat THAT kind of fun.

(we only drive Seattle. We don't touch GT3, it's evil!)

* no, don't bite. We just don't like GT3.
 
First learn to drift in Gt2 on the U-turn Grindelwald track...and a S turn drift after...spin out though..*_*
 
My best memory is when Irented a PS2 with GT3 in summer 2001, the game had just been released and I wanted to try the PS2 (I had no money in that time). So when I first saw the intro and then the graphics inside I just creamed my pants. I passed 1 hour looking at every car in the car lineups and I bought myself a PS2 with the game on summer 2002 when I finally got the money to do so.

I also have to note all the good times I had with GT2, still the best game in the series to this day, but I hope GT4 will change that. Hell I played it yesterday again to try some cars that did not make it in GT3. And BTW, I noticed the car sounds were far more realistic in GT2 than GT3, a Mustang sounds like a 'Stang, just for that, I drove one.

I will remember these moments forever. :(

See ya :sly:
 
Lambo88
My best memory is when Irented a PS2 with GT3 in summer 2001, the game had just been released and I wanted to try the PS2 (I had no money in that time). So when I first saw the intro and then the graphics inside I just creamed my pants. I passed 1 hour looking at every car in the car lineups and I bought myself a PS2 with the game on summer 2002 when I finally got the money to do so.

I also have to note all the good times I had with GT2, still the best game in the series to this day, but I hope GT4 will change that. Hell I played it yesterday again to try some cars that did not make it in GT3. And BTW, I noticed the car sounds were far more realistic in GT2 than GT3, a Mustang sounds like a 'Stang, just for that, I drove one.

I will remember these moments forever. :(

See ya :sly:
For the last time, the GT3 Mustang Cobra R sounds like that because of a Bassani x-pipe and Borla mufflers. Replace Borla with any chambered muffler and it'll definitely sound like a stang. :)
 
Back