GT-One or Escudo

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 2' started by kumak2000, Jan 23, 2020.

1. kumak2000

kumak2000

So, I am slowly getting fast cash in this game. I've always bought the Escudo. The thing is - I saw many times that GT-One is better. Now I started to replay the game and was wondering - which one is better? GT-One or Escudo?

2. submaniac93

submaniac93

Escudo is an all-rounder, it does everything well, and is 4WD with high top speed and grip. It's basically the "noob" car. The GT-One Road Car is faster in the straights and in the turns, but is RWD, lots of wheelspin, and can't go offroad. So it depends on your needs.

3. kumak2000

kumak2000

Okay, thanks for the info :D Really appreciate that

submaniac93 likes this.
  4. Kingofweasles

Kingofweasles

The GT-ONE also helps to teach you better driving habits IMO, because unlike in the Escudo you have to actually learn how to drive it properly instead of just wall-riding and corner-cutting everywhere.

The GT-ONE can take a little bit of time to get used to though, especially if you're driving the Road Car variant as that car has fixed downforce that's lower overall than either the 1998 or 1999 model race cars. On top of that, the GT-ONE with stock settings can be a bit of a handful to drive, especially on bumpier tracks.

5. EngieDiesel

EngieDiesel

Granted, if you actually take the time to learn how to drive the Escudo it's a zillion times faster than going into pinball mode. The GT-ONE just doesn't give lazy folks the easy option since it's rear wheel drive (and let's be honest, back in the day we were all lazy :p ).

6. Goodstone

Goodstone

GT-Onescudo :)