GT Planet and troll bating.

killerjimbag

(Banned)
Canada
The Great White North
abetterplaya
I have been a member for a long time.
1 individual in my opinion,has trolled 2 members to the point of frustration and some rebuttal that resulted in them now not contributing. Yes I understand you can't swear on here. Putting up .... or 🤬 is the same in my books. Figure it out for yourself.
If mods want to uphold the UAP and let some person troll 2 dedicated members to the point of quiting,well your site will suffer more than them.
Its like poking a bear with a stick,be carefully what you wish for. As for the troll who has flame baited these 2 gentlemen, hope your happy now.

Do not feed the trolls.

Trolls want attention. Giving them attention leads them to troll more. If you feel someone is being insulting or breaking the AUP, report them, Ignore them and move on with your life.

If what Famine says has been followed, I'm sure we would still have the usual daily routines, people having good times at Praiano's garage.

I'm sure both of you know English is not Praianos first language.
Yes the ignore button is what should have been used, maybe someone who trolls and baits people to the point of what happened should also be given some time in the penalty box,so to speak. I don't need to go on about what transpired. Its your site. Good luck.

I'm sure both of you know English is not Praianos first language.
I'm not sure that the concept of not giving attention to people who crave attention is limited to the Anglophonic world.

However, that individual was not mentioned in your first post so I wasn't commenting on that specific case - rather a general principle that seems to apply to that case also.
Yes the ignore button is what should have been used
And indeed was claimed to be - which makes one wonder how the post was seen to be replied to in the first place.
maybe someone who trolls and baits people to the point of what happened should also be given some time in the penalty box,so to speak.
Maybe the staff cannot be everywhere all the time and troublesome individuals should be reported so that we're aware of it, like I said in my response.

Report, Ignore, move on.

1 individual in my opinion,has trolled 2 members to the point of frustration and some rebuttal that resulted in them now not contributing. Yes I understand you can't swear on here. Putting up .... or 🤬 is the same in my books. Figure it out for yourself.
If mods want to uphold the UAP and let some person troll 2 dedicated members to the point of quiting,well your site will suffer more than them.
Its like poking a bear with a stick,be carefully what you wish for. As for the troll who has flame baited these 2 gentlemen, hope your happy now.
I kinda view this as bullying. The fact that they kept on trolling these two individuals sounds a lot like cyber bullying. I may be wrong but from what I've seen and experienced. Here's my view on trolling and bullying.

Trolling: Someone messing around with people's minds and making random posts on the internet and joking around.

Bullying: Picking on an individual, insulting or harassing him or her.

I know that you guys are viewing this as trolling but to me it's bullying. If you just read that sentence I bolded, it clearly sounds like a form of bullying.

The type of trolling I've seen a lot especially when playing online is people just trolling little kids in a calm mood and telling them something that's not even in whatever game they are playing. If someone was bullying someone and throws something like a yo mama joke or something ridiculous that sounds like a joke then their trolling. Bullying, if someone wasn't fooling around and making fun of someone in a serious matter it's considered bullying. But to me trolling can mean a lot of things.

We all have different views on something. So don't take this too seriously. And trust me I go through this a lot on YouTube. :rolleyes:

Some trolls usually find their favourite food and keep going to the feeder to be fed.
I kinda view this as bullying. The fact that they kept on trolling these two individuals sounds a lot like cyber bullying. I may be wrong but from what I've seen and experienced. Here's my view on trolling and bullying.

Trolling: Someone messing around with people's minds and making random posts on the internet and joking around.

I know that you guys are viewing this as trolling but to me it's bullying. If you just read that sentence I bolded, it clearly sounds like a form of bullying.

The type of trolling I've seen a lot especially when playing online is people just trolling little kids in a calm mood and telling them something that's not even in whatever game they are playing. If someone was bullying someone and throws something like a yo mama joke or something ridiculous that sounds like a joke then their trolling. Bullying, if someone wasn't fooling around and making fun of someone in a serious matter it's considered bullying. But to me trolling can mean a lot of things.

We all have different views on something. So don't take this too seriously. And trust me I go through this a lot on YouTube. :rolleyes:

I really have to correct you here on the bolded part. Hami stopped contributing because of Hami, no one else. Short and sweet, he threw a fit because of a post I made in the camber thread here. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/is-camber-fixed-discuss-it-here.321270/page-9#post-10347912 I'm not going to give the juicy details of what else transpired, but I can tell you that, that is when he made his own decision to close his garage, delete his tuning thread and leave the site. His actions were a bit immature in my opinion just because I innocently included a member in my post which he apparently doesn't get along with. That is the long and short of what happened. No one trolled him into quitting, as you put it. If you can't stand to believe that, then you, and others, can just blame me for his decision to quit the site for it was my post that started the ball rolling. It was an innocent enough post with no intention other than to thank a few people who have helped me out in the past. So, there you have it, please stop blaming the wrong person for Hami's actions, Highlandor had nothing to do with it, at least not directly or lastly.

Ummm...Clearly you have absolutely NO idea of what actually happened. First of all, NOBODY trolled Praiano or Motor City Hami. You write "they kept on trolling these two individuals...". The use of the word "they" implies that you believe it was multiple parties. Again, this shows your ignorance on the subject completely. You may not like someone on GTPlanet, but just because they write something in a thread you are participating in doesn't make it "trolling".

As daan pointed out, typing "Yeah Sure :rolleyes: " is not trolling and it most certainly is not bullying, for God's sake!! In fact, if you want to play devil's advocate, we could just as easily say that Praiano started this recent spat with the other member because he insinuated that the tuning tool that member designed and distributed freely wasn't any good. Is that bullying in your eyes? All that member wrote in response to Praiano claiming his tool was invalid was the words "Yeah sure" and then Praiano decided to flip out on a moderator, not the user who posted "yeah sure". It was a moderator that Praiano kept arguing with in the thread, but posts have been deleted, so you can't read them now.

You should really get your facts straight before making accusations.

Ummm...Clearly you have absolutely NO idea of what actually happened. First of all, NOBODY trolled Praiano or Motor City Hami. You write "they kept on trolling these two individuals...". The use of the word "they" implies that you believe it was multiple parties. Again, this shows your ignorance on the subject completely. You may not like someone on GTPlanet, but just because they write something in a thread you are participating in doesn't make it "trolling".

As daan pointed out, typing "Yeah Sure :rolleyes: " is not trolling and it most certainly is not bullying, for God's sake!! In fact, if you want to play devil's advocate, we could just as easily say that Praiano started this recent spat with the other member because he insinuated that the tuning tool that member designed and distributed freely wasn't any good. Is that bullying in your eyes? All that member wrote in response to Praiano claiming his tool was invalid was the words "Yeah sure" and then Praiano decided to flip out on a moderator, not the user who posted "yeah sure". It was a moderator that Praiano kept arguing with in the thread, but posts have been deleted, so you can't read them now.

And you clearly have no idea of the long history of Praiano being trolled. It wasn't a smart idea to react the way he did obviously, but he's a passionate guy, passionate about the game, and just wants to be left alone to tune his cars, post his tunes and share them with people. Over the last 4 years he was publicly attacked numerous times and through PM's. Sure, some of us can just shrug it off and we can swat them away like little gnats swarming around your poop. Some of us aren't bothered by trolls, obviously it bothers Praiano. What you saw was just the tip of the iceberg with the long history lingering below the surface. He overreacted according to the AUP and now there's too much water under the bridge, egos are bruised, everyone is defending their territory and GTP has lost not one, but 2 prolific tuners in the past couple of months.

And Hami was threatened by a member and reported it to the police. I'd call that being trolled wouldn't you?

You should really get your facts straight before lecturing on the matter.

I really have to correct you here on the bolded part. Hami stopped contributing because of Hami, no one else. Short and sweet, he threw a fit because of a post I made in the camber thread here. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/is-camber-fixed-discuss-it-here.321270/page-9#post-10347912 I'm not going to give the juicy details of what else transpired, but I can tell you that, that is when he made his own decision to close his garage, delete his tuning thread and leave the site. His actions were a bit immature in my opinion just because I innocently included a member in my post which he apparently doesn't get along with. That is the long and short of what happened. No one trolled him into quitting, as you put it. If you can't stand to believe that, then you, and others, can just blame me for his decision to quit the site for it was my post that started the ball rolling. It was an innocent enough post with no intention other than to thank a few people who have helped me out in the past. So, there you have it, please stop blaming the wrong person for Hami's actions, Highlandor had nothing to do with it, at least not directly or lastly.
You left out the part where Hami got threatened and had to report it to the police. So yeah there's that.

Let me add to your post, if I may. In regards to these people insinuating that people are "trolled" into quitting, that simply isn't possible. Nobody forces anyone into quitting/contributing to the forums. It is the person himself/herself who decides to quit, for whatever reason. I can tell you from my own personal experience where I put up with people pm'ing me or even bad-mouthing me in the open forums to the point where I wanted to quit. It was frustrating to say the least and I could very easily claim that they were "trolling" me into quitting, but in the end, it would have been my own decision to quit, such as it was/is Hami's and Praiano's. Nobody "trolls" anyone into quitting, plain and simple. I know you understand this, but other people need to come to this realization also.

@Johnnypenso Nobody threatened Hami, lets get that straight right now. Unless you know exactly what was said and in what context, might I suggest that you stick to what you know, which is nothing as it pertains to what really transpired. Nice try though in trying to start some crap though there Johnny. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
If you're a big name, isn't these things expected to happen? You can call it, Bullying, Harassment, Trolling, Criticism whatever but you can never get rid these remarks. You just have to deal with it.

The police ? I wouldn't easily believe that PSN message would lead to police report :lol: I have been sent lots of PSN messages with word die, kill and other words not allowed by AUP, just because I snipe them with G3 + 4x Scope on BFBC2 online ( they didn't see it coming ) :lol: They called me troll with "the rude name for gay" rifle :lol: I would prefer Golgo 13 with G3 :P

And you clearly have no idea of the long history of Praiano being trolled. It wasn't a smart idea to react the way he did obviously, but he's a passionate guy, passionate about the game, and just wants to be left alone to tune his cars, post his tunes and share them with people. Over the last 4 years he was publicly attacked numerous times and through PM's. Sure, some of us can just shrug it off and we can swat them away like little gnats swarming around your poop. Some of us aren't bothered by trolls, obviously it bothers Praiano. What you saw was just the tip of the iceberg with the long history lingering below the surface. He overreacted according to the AUP and now there's too much water under the bridge, egos are bruised, everyone is defending their territory and GTP has lost not one, but 2 prolific tuners in the past couple of months.

And Hami was threatened by a member and reported it to the police. I'd call that being trolled wouldn't you?

You should really get your facts straight before lecturing on the matter.

You left out the part where Hami got threatened and had to report it to the police. So yeah there's that.
I am well aware of the history between the parties. Well aware. What occurred last week was not trolling and if you can't see that, I don't know what to tell you. Just because Praiano doesn't like him doesn't mean a response of "Yeah sure :rolleyes:" is trolling, especially when that member is responding in defense of his tuning tool which Praiano ridiculed (in his eyes).

You don't get to just throw labels on things because you don't happen to like the member involved. So, what you are saying then is, the staff of GTPlanet allowed Praiano to get trolled last week and isn't doing anything about it. :rolleyes: And I wouldn't call MCH being trolled. If he was threatened he was threatened and he did the right thing by reporting it to the police.

So, what you are saying then is, the staff of GTPlanet allowed Praiano to get trolled last week and isn't doing anything about it.
Really? What led you to that conclusion since I clearly never said anything even remotely close to that? Any assumptions you make are your own.

@Johnnypenso Nobody threatened Hami, lets get that straight right now. Unless you know exactly what was said and in what context, might I suggest that you stick to what you know, which is nothing as it pertains to what really transpired. Nice try though in trying to start some crap though there Johnny. :rolleyes:
I know what I read on the forums and in PM's and that's enough for me. Perhaps I know more than you might think.

The police ? I wouldn't easily believe that PSN message would lead to police report :lol: I have been sent lots of PSN messages with word die, kill and other words not allowed by AUP, just because I snipe them with G3 + 4x Scope on BFBC2 online ( they didn't see it coming ) :lol: They called me troll with "the rude name for gay" rifle :lol: I would prefer Golgo 13 with G3 :P
Anonymous trolls sure. What if someone knows your real name and where you live for example and then threatens you or makes an implied threat? What if someone knows how to hack your computer and find out where you live and threatens you? What if someone threatens to S.W.A.T. you? These kinds of things happen every day. Are you just going to make a post on GTP with a bunch of smilies and hope it goes away? Not so simple then is it?:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:. Not everything is a joke.

Sounds to me like someone needs to grow a pair and get over it...

Welcome to the internet. The world's not a nice place. If you can't handle it, report it, ignore it, or leave. Those are your three options.

My contention was that Praiano wasn't being trolled last week. Yours, apparently, is that he was. What other conclusion should I reach?

Lets be honest, the mods couldn't not allow praiano to be whatever you want it to be called since the it wasn't breaking anything in the AUP. So they saw no way to prevent the occurance. They can't just break the rules because of Justice.

Last edited:
Lets be honest, the mods couldn't not allow praiano to be trolled since the trolling wasn't breaking anything in the AUP. So they saw no way to prevent the occurance. They can't just break the rules because of Justice.
Again...What trolling are you referring to? A two word comment in defense of something personal is not trolling. That's my point. If Praiano was being trolled the mods would have done something about it. You can say I'm being pedantic, but I think it is justified in this particular case.

EDIT: I should add, before anyone gets the opinion that I disliked Praiano, that's not the case at all. I respected what he did and provided for the community here at GTPlanet. But, the blame solely lies with him in this unfortunate situation.

Really? What led you to that conclusion since I clearly never said anything even remotely close to that? Any assumptions you make are your own.

I know what I read on the forums and in PM's and that's enough for me. Perhaps I know more than you might think.

Anonymous trolls sure. What if someone knows your real name and where you live for example and then threatens you or makes an implied threat? What if someone knows how to hack your computer and find out where you live and threatens you? What if someone threatens to S.W.A.T. you? These kinds of things happen every day. Are you just going to make a post on GTP with a bunch of smilies and hope it goes away? Not so simple then is it?:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:. Not everything is a joke.

Or perhaps you think you know more than you actually do. :rolleyes: Do yourself a favor and stop believing everything you read, it makes you look foolish. 👍

Again...What trolling are you referring to? A two word comment in defense of something personal is not trolling. That's my point. If Praiano was being trolled the mods would have done something about it. You can say I'm being pedantic, but I think it is justified in this particular case.
Sorry I inda contradcted myself from my previous post, editing now.

Lets be honest, the mods couldn't not allow praiano to be trolled since the trolling wasn't breaking anything in the AUP. So they saw no way to prevent the occurance. They can't just break the rules because of Justice.
Of course. It's not their job to babysit, it's their job to enforce the AUP. End of. Doesn't make it any less tragic for me to lose two valuable and prolific contributors to the forum, especially the Tuning Forum.

Or perhaps you think you know more than you actually do. :rolleyes: Do yourself a favor and stop believing everything you read, it makes you look foolish. 👍
Good advice. I'll start with your post.

Lets be honest, the mods couldn't not allow praiano to be whatever you want it to be called since the it wasn't breaking anything in the AUP. So they saw no way to prevent the occurance. They can't just break the rules because of Justice.

Personally I'm fine with logical exceptions.

Like the title of this thread - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/italy-wat-r-u-doin.266712/. Clearly text speak, but it's freakin' Danoff. There would scarcely be a more valuable contributor in certain parts of the forum.

As someone who has received online death threats for certain other activities that I'm involved in, it's not as funny as you think it is when the threat is actually plausible.

As someone who has received online death threats for certain other activities that I'm involved in, it's not as funny as you think it is when the threat is actually plausible.

Well, to each of their own I guess. Plausible is not good enough for me, unless they follow it up with more than just mere written words online :) It's different again if I know the person ( have met before ) and if it's over a matter of online forum/game, I wouldn't go as far as police report from the start. I would meet the guy and talked about it rather than just exchanging messages in a forum and then quit/walk away.

If I get the story correct, Hami know the other person (may have met before and live not far to each other), why not meet him again and talk ? What could have happen over a game ? Brawl ? They are both grown ups.

@LeMansAid I actually have no idea who Danoff was until now. Anyhow, I do think that if there is favourtism, Praiano isn't really in the favouritism column yet.

Back