GT Planet Worldwide Member Time Attack Challenge Season Two

• Thread starter Laughss
  • 598 comments
Challenge # 8 (02/12/2010 - 02/14/2010)
Lancia STRATOS '73 (DRT/DRT)
Swiss Alps / Forward

Sorry for the lack of updates once again, I am sorry to inform everyone that I will not be hosting the Clubman Event. Not until things are looking better, in the meantime please look forward to TAC S3 hosted by Glubags!!!

by the way, how many challenges to go? Is this the last one?

Two more challenges after this one (one for the Stratos and one for the F2007), then season 3 begins.

And your time submission is posted exactly like it should be. 👍

Edit: Niigaki crept in while I was typing. We're actually on the Stratos challenge now that it's after 11 PM PST, so only one more challenge after this.

congratulation Glubags, very fast lap !

For the stratos challenge, what about "shortcuts" on this track ?

The grass is in or out ?

I am quite tired right now, but do I only see 5 members times posted today? haha

Well I think I was the first one to post... But you might haven't seen it cause it is on page 25:sly:

Could you please check if everything is ok and add my time too please ? Thanks a lot !

Last edited:
Challenge # 8 (02/12/2010 - 02/14/2010)
Lancia STRATOS '73 (DRT/DRT)
Swiss Alps / Forward

Sorry for the lack of updates once again, I am sorry to inform everyone that I will not be hosting the Clubman Event.

Sorry to hear that ...

About the Swiss Alps challenge : no touch at all, right ???

Hi people - have missed out on submitting for the last two challenges due to work being manic and having to concentrate on real life in the last week. The PSP has experienced a light holiday because of this - when my eyes burn the PSP is just not appealing unfortunately, despite the lovely screen. This because my job involves peering at least two computer sceens all night, which is hard work on the old peepers!

As it is the weekend, and my wife and I have decided to relax, this will give me time to get a time and post for the rally challenge. Hope this finds everyone one well.

I have managed a ball park time of 1'55.188 at Swiss Alps without tuning, just coaxing the Lancia (and it's bumblebee engine noise) around the course trying to keep the powersliding to a minimum. So based on the current trends I would imagine Glubags and co. hitting around 1'34 or so, so that is my goal - how achievable that will be for me is yet to be seen, heh heh.

congratulation Glubags, very fast lap !

For the stratos challenge, what about "shortcuts" on this track ?

The grass is in or out ?
Thanks Pitch. :) Also, I'd hope the grass is in because at times it's unavoidable.

easyblast
About the Swiss Alps challenge : no touch at all, right ???
That's correct. No touching the wall... so be sure to review your replay! Sometimes you won't hear the car hit the wall or notice any jolt, but then you'll watch the replay and see the sparks fly. :ouch:

wolverinenz
So based on the current trends I would imagine Glubags and co. hitting around 1'34 or so
Hahaha, you must not have heard! I'm a bit awful at rally tracks in GT. I never run them. Ever. I'm having fun with this one though, but I'm pretty sure I've run it as fast as I'm going to run it without sliding into a wall. This will likely be my final submission.

Currently:
T1: 0'21.285
T2: 0'46.290
T3: 1'12.679
Lap: 1'46.310

Aw man, no lap-time from me for the last challenge (being a foreigner the first day fo carnival caught me off-guard:cheers:) and I will be in the North East of Brazil for vacation until the 20th so I'm gonna miss the last two.

See everyone in challenge 3!!

I think I put more effort into this challenge than any of the past challenges

Me too. I logged more than six hours on this challenge and almost burst a blood vessel trying to pull out a clean lap last night! Typically, I never put more than two hours into a particular challenge, but this one almost tripled that time!

Super fast time, Mr. Glubags!

I didn't know the deadline was today :(. I'm new to this thing and all, so I wouldn't know. Can I still submit my time? I forgot to save my 1:39.628 ghost lap, so I have to use the 1:40.320 one :(. I'll upload it and have it here in a sec.

EDIT: Here it is, time is 1:40.320
gtttsubmission.jpg

Sorry it's a bit large, didn't have time to resize.

Last edited:
I didn't know the deadline was today :(. I'm new to this thing and all, so I wouldn't know. Can I still submit my time?

The deadline was actually last night at 11 pm Pacific Standard Time (PST).

niigaki doesn't allow late submissions as we had a problem with this in the first season. In fact, a couple of challenges ago, Pitch was five minutes late and his wasn't accepted either. Don't worry, we had quite a few other people miss the NSX challenge. On the plus side, we have about 57 hours left until the Lancia Stratos (@ the Swiss Alps/forward) challenge is over!

:)

PS - you were pretty fast on Laguna Seca! 👍

Me too. I logged more than six hours on this challenge and almost burst a blood vessel trying to pull out a clean lap last night! Typically, I never put more than two hours into a particular challenge, but this one almost tripled that time!

Super fast time, Mr. Glubags!
Thanks! Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if I came close to 5 or 6 hours on this one. My last session was 2 hours exactly. Before that I'd hit 1'38.4xx after a couple of sessions, each about an hour long or so, but that lap wasn't clean and I was getting frustrated trying to beat it. I played a few 5-10 lap sessions earlier in the day before the final 2 hour session... so yeah, something around 5 or 6 hours. Usually I put in around an hour and a half, 3 max, before I reach what I feel is my limit.

So I've been working on Season 3 and finally narrowed it down to the 10 cars that we'll be competing with (I went through the cars list and initially picked out 22, then edited it down to a meaningful group of 10, so there are still 12 leftovers for Season 4 perhaps), and I managed to come out under $2,000,000 for the total cost of all the cars... and considering the idea behind Season 3, that's a good budget! These are all new cars that we haven't used in any of the previous seasons. It only takes about 40 minutes to rack up $2,000,000 with the Veyron on 2-lap S-class races at the test track.

I'm going to post the thread either tonight or tomorrow for people to sign up and get a heads-up on the cars needed. Season 3 will begin Monday, March 1st, to give you guys a break and some time to acquire all the cars. :D

Aw man, no lap-time from me for the last challenge (being a foreigner the first day fo carnival caught me off-guard:cheers:) and I will be in the North East of Brazil for vacation until the 20th so I'm gonna miss the last two.

See everyone in challenge 3!!

Have fun !!!

So I've been working on Season 3 and finally narrowed it down to the 10 cars that we'll be competing with (I went through the cars list and initially picked out 22, then edited it down to a meaningful group of 10, so there are still 12 leftovers for Season 4 perhaps), and I managed to come out under $2,000,000 for the total cost of all the cars... and considering the idea behind Season 3, that's a good budget! These are all new cars that we haven't used in any of the previous seasons. It only takes about 40 minutes to rack up $2,000,000 with the Veyron on 2-lap S-class races at the test track.

I'm going to post the thread either tonight or tomorrow for people to sign up and get a heads-up on the cars needed. Season 3 will begin Monday, March 1st, to give you guys a break and some time to acquire all the cars. :D

GREAT !!! I am looking forward to it !!! I hope you'll host and compete !!!

1'48.0xx so far... I'm really not any good at rally racing!

lol

1'48.555 twice (again !) and without tuning...

S3 sounds cool, looking forward to it. Detroitbb, you'll nail it like last time if you keep at it.
What does everyone think about the rally physics? I don't think there very realistic, I mean there is too much slip and slide. But maybe thats how it is, I haven't done rally driving before. I though GT4 was more like how it is. Either way, its a good challange.

Anyway, I managed a 1'45.561 no tuning.

S3 sounds cool, looking forward to it. Detroitbb, you'll nail it like last time if you keep at it.
What does everyone think about the rally physics? I don't think there very realistic, I mean there is too much slip and slide. But maybe thats how it is, I haven't done rally driving before. I though GT4 was more like how it is. Either way, its a good challange.

Anyway, I managed a 1'45.561 no tuning.

Great job barny0111 ! I'll try to do better with no tuning ! And like you without having any experience in real rally driving, I think there might be too much slip and slide...

Last edited:
The Stratos is incredibly hard to drive on dirt. Little movements of the analog nub put the car off balance crazy. After about 3 laps, my best is 1:49.472. I'll hep trying to improve.

Did some more laps and lowered that to a 1:47.396. I'll try again later, it's dinner time.

Looks like my time yesterday is going to be my fastest.

Click:

Happy V-day everyone!

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-BD915607400.zip
    53.2 KB · Views: 30
I will not be putting in the same amount of effort for this rally challenge as I did for the NSX. For one, this car is very temperamental on dirt and takes a steady hand and a ton of patience to control - I don't have either of those qualities! Secondly, I think the last challenge took five years off my life. I really don't want to get overly frustrated twice in a row (I'll save that up for the F2007 challenge).

I'll still be submitting a time, just not a fast one.

I can't wait for the F2007 challenge, the F2007 is my personal favourite car to drive, not because it's easy to drive, but because of how fast I am in it :D.

I did a few, very relaxed, runs earlier and hit a clean 1'47.1xx. I know it's possible to break into the 1'46 range, but I'm not going to stress out over trying to get it!

hello everyone, sorry but i have been too busi fixing some bussiness and i cant keep with the time attack, i race back with the nsx in laguna seca(dont counted but i did it in 1:40.025) pretty slow but anyway, i dont have the stratos(i always forget to get one) but i got the f1 car so, in case i want to know if i can get into the f1 time trial challenge.

yeah, I've had enough of this one too. Crazy touchy car!!! :ill: My time:

1'44.447, no tuning.

Attachments

• UCES01245RPLY-BD915607400.zip
    53.4 KB · Views: 29
Challenge # 10 (02/15/2010 - 02/17/2010)
Ferrari F2007
Côte d'Azur / Forward

Early posting, C9 ends soon.

Happy Chinese New Year !!! Here is my time :

1'48.555

Challenge # 10 (02/15/2010 - 02/17/2010)
Ferrari F2007
Côte d'Azur / Forward

Great combo !!!

PS niigaki : If everything is ok, could you please update my time and points for the Challenge #8 please ? Or tell me why it's not possible... Thank you ! (I already wrote you PM with the link to my time :sly:)

Attachments

• UCES01245RPLY-BD915607400.rar
    55.8 KB · Views: 29
Back