GT Planet Worldwide Member Time Attack Challenge Season Two

• Thread starter Laughss
  • 598 comments
I still haven't bought the F2007. :embarrassed:

I have exactly 5,000,000 credits and I'm on day 291, and Ferrari will pop up again on day 299, so I'm gonna spam the test track for an hour pretty soon here, and I'll finally have enough to buy the car I'd planned on buying before I'd even had the game for a week.

And Monaco!! Woo!!

Edit:
Haha, I had to make a game out of the test track spamming to help with the monotony... I noticed my total times for all the 2 lap races were always 3'20.1xx, 3'20.2xx, and every now and then I'd hit 3'20.0xx... so I decided I was going to break into the 3'19s. Finally did after 6 races! VERY hard, lol... click:

Edit:
Went even faster... 3'19.988. This is kinda fun. 6.5 million, so only 10 races to go.

3'19.984 now... I've pretty much figured out which lines will break 3'20 every time for each lap... boring again. :(

3'19.951... I think 3'19.8xx might be within reach. Can't wait to get this damned F1 car.

3'19.925... 7.4 million... so close.

Woo! On my last race, I put together two absolutely perfect laps and did even better than 3'19.8xx... 3'19.798. I doubt I'll ever do any better than that. Finally, 8 million credits. F2007 is mine. :)

Last edited:
Edit:
Haha, I had to make a game out of the test track spamming to help with the monotony... I noticed my total times for all the 2 lap races were always 3'20.1xx, 3'20.2xx, and every now and then I'd hit 3'20.0xx... so I decided I was going to break into the 3'19s. Finally did after 6 races! VERY hard, lol...
Edit:
Went even faster... 3'19.988. This is kinda fun. 6.5 million, so only 10 races to go.

3'19.984 now... I've pretty much figured out which lines will break 3'20 every time for each lap... boring again. :(

3'19.951... I think 3'19.8xx might be within reach. Can't wait to get this damned F1 car.

3'19.925... 7.4 million... so close.

LOL 👍 !!! Good way to have fun and get money ! Usually I watch a movie while I am running on test drive. Also, I was told that running only one lap at a time won't waste time and you ll have more money (77 250 cr a lap so 22 250 more cr after 10 laps, could buy a car); so I tried and yes it worth it !

Only thing is each first lap is usually 1'45/1'46 range, while the second lap is much faster (1'34), and there's about 20 seconds or so between each race, so two 1-lap races takes slightly over 4 minutes, and one 2-lap race takes slightly over 3 minutes. So in 40 minutes, you could do around 20 1-lap races or around 12 2-lap races.

20 1-lap races = 1545000
12 2-lap races = 1800000

So if you need a lot of money like I did, the time you save on the second lap makes up for the time between races, and 2-lap races end up being the faster way to make money overall. :sly:

[...] So in 40 minutes, you could do around 20 1-lap races or around 12 2-lap races.

20 1-lap races = 1545000
12 2-lap races = 1800000

So if you need a lot of money like I did, the time you save on the second lap makes up for the time between races, and 2-lap races end up being the faster way to make money overall. :sly:

So now I have a new game for the next time I need money :sly: ! I'll do 2 x 40 minutes sessions : one 1-lap and one 2-laps and find out which one gives you more money :sly: ! Before I used to do a 2-laps but when I tried the 1-lap I found it less boring... then I started to watch movies because it became boring !!!

I'm going to need money soon... I did the drift event in a slow car to get the points I needed to make 5,000,000 exactly, then did 20 2-lap test track races to get 8,000,000 exactly... now my credit count is "--" :lol:

The F2007 at Monaco is an absolute dream, though. I wish I would have bought this car months ago!

Edit:

Thought you guys might find these links interesting/useful:

Fastest laps during the 2007 race at Monaco:

http://www.formula1.com/results/season/2007/774/6401/fastest_laps.html

Massa set the bar for the F2007 on his 47th lap at 1'16.183.

I've broken into that list on this challenge, but I'm not yet near the top.

Fastest laps during the 2007 qualifying sessions at Monaco:

http://www.formula1.com/results/season/2007/774/6400/

Massa again set the bar for the F2007, clocking the fastest lap for the F2007 all weekend in Q3. That lap was 1'15.967.

I think that's a realistic measure of what we should be able to do here for this last challenge. :)

Last edited:
Glubags
I think that's a realistic measure of what we should be able to do here for this last challenge. :)

On second thought, they may not be! I've got a pretty good lap put together, I just need to clean it up a bit. Knowing the speed of this machine and how big a difference braking and accelerating cleanly can make, I should have over a full second of improvement left on this lap. This is amazingly fun.

Right now I've gotta run out and prepare for my Fiancée's birthday today (Valentines Day on the 14th, birthday on the 15th... I've been severely overworked these past two days, lol), so have fun guys. I'll be back a bit later this evening.

Here's my submission for the ninth challenge:

1'46.833

75892913.jpg

EDIT: I just noticed that the NSX challenge ended on the 12th... so the Stratos challenge should have started on the 13th (this is in keeping with the format) and run until today, Feb. 15th - that is why I am just now submitting my time. Was the C9 meant to be only two days long or was that just an oversight?

Last edited:
I apologize for that mistake Detroitbb, C9 is and will end officially today. C10 will start tomorrow, if you have already submitted your time and your not happy with it. Please use the rest of the day to finish up and get times submitted.

Challenge # 10 (02/16/2010 - 02/18/2010)
Ferrari F2007 (R1/R1)
Côte d'Azur / Forward

I apologize for that mistake Detroitbb, C9 is and will end officially today. C10 will start tomorrow, if you have already submitted your time and your not happy with it. Please use the rest of the day to finish up and get times submitted.

Challenge # 10 (02/16/2010 - 02/18/2010)
Ferrari F2007 (R1/R1)
Côte d'Azur / Forward

No need to apologize, niigaki... a minor oversight is all that it is!

The time I posted will be my final one. I'm not going to wrestle with the Stratos any longer! Ha ha ha!

No, it's kinda embarrassing because the last few days. Easy has been sending me with messages of mistakes I have made :( lol

No, it's kinda embarrassing because the last few days. Easy has been sending me with messages of mistakes I have made :( lol

It's ok, life happens! You've been busy with school and other way more important things. A minor glitch in the matrix is nothing to worry about!

👍

I have decided to post a photo montage of Season 2's car lineup. All vehicles were shot at the course that we used in this competition, except for the Supra (which was shot at Seattle). Enjoy!

Mercedes-Benz 190 E Evolution 2 '91

snap029o.png

Toyota SUPRA RZ ‘97

snap026.png

Nissan Skyline Hard Top 2000GT-R (KPGC10) '70

snap025.png

Mercedes Mclaren SLR

snap027q.png

Toyota Yaris RS Turbo (J) '02

snap030u.png

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI GSR TOMMI MAKINEN EDITION '00

snap036.png

Mazda Roadster 1800 RS '00

snap032z.png

Honda NSX Type S '01

snap040.png

Lancia STRATOS '73

snap033.png

Ferrari F2007

snap028.png

I thought that Stratos challenge went by pretty quickly, lol. I was already working on the F2007 challenge and nearing my limit... I think I can still shave off about half a second or more. I'll wait til tomorrow to try. 👍

I already did some attempts of the F2007, and got a 1:13.014, I'll break into the 1:12's later, after I eat, and play some MW2. Anyone like to share your times?

EDIT: I forgot to save my ghost for the Lancia Stratos event, :(

Is everybody else's car slamming into the wall when you first start? It's as if the autopilot doesn't engage at the beginning...

I have reduced my time to 1'22.8xx. With some more practice and a healthy dose of luck, I might be able to enter the 1'20.xxx range by the end of the challenge.

Is everybody else's car slamming into the wall when you first start? It's as if the autopilot doesn't engage at the beginning...

I have reduced my time to 1'22.8xx. With some more practice and a healthy dose of luck, I might be able to enter the 1'20.xxx range by the end of the challenge.

Yeah how funny is that. "START"...... crash!!!!. Its like 'off you go, straight into the wall'.

I'm struggling with this as well. I get into the 1'19.XXX.

I already did some attempts of the F2007, and got a 1:13.014, I'll break into the 1:12's later

PJ-FFL, 1'13.XXX is an awsome time. I'd love to see your replay on that one.

[...]
Thought you guys might find these links interesting/useful:
[...]This is amazingly fun.
It is interesting thank you and it is REALLY fun ! At first I didn't like this car after my first try at La Sarthe but now... Really fun ! I also did a S-class lap, went in the first car to see how they do it and it was very fast !!! But need analog buttons to do the same at some corners...
Right now I've gotta run out and prepare for my Fiancée's birthday today (Valentines Day on the 14th, birthday on the 15th... I've been severely overworked these past two days, lol), so have fun guys. I'll be back a bit later this evening.
Happy B-day for your fiancé !

It's ok, life happens! You've been busy with school and other way more important things. A minor glitch in the matrix is nothing to worry about!
👍
I do agree Detroitbb ! Everything is ok niigaki ! No problem :sly:!

I already did some attempts of the F2007, and got a 1:13.014, I'll break into the 1:12's later, after I eat, and play some MW2. Anyone like to share your times?
(

You are fast !!! 1'18.255 clean and no tuning (but tcs 3) for me till now... I have to push the limits but each time I do that, I kiss a wall ! I have friends and family who will stay for three days so I don't know if I will able to do better than that before deadline...

Yeah me too ! That's part of the fun with this combo :sly: !
You WILL be faster than that ! I was surprised too !

1'17.691... tried some tuning (aerodynamics only), but still slow cause some of you guys are around 1'13.xxx so I am 4 seconds slower... I'll try tomorrow !

Have a nice day !

hi everyone, i been busy all of these days but i got some time to race, so my current time is 1.19.xxx, i just been playing around 2 hours but i still believe i can get fast to 1.15.xxx, without tcs, i modifie the rear wing downforce to get more stability and i adjust the cambers and toes to get me quiker in the chicanes after the tunel, and before the main straight, to the people doing 1.13 or 1.14, are you sure that you are using R1, bacuse with R3 i am getting these times, there is room for impruvement but i want to know if is posible to get around monaco in that time(and without crashing into anything)

I'm a little bit stuck at 1'13.748, and that lap is a little sloppy and has a wall-tap where I got loose coming out of the swimming pool complex.

Even if I take the first corner poorly, I can make up more than 7 tenths in the splits if the rest of the lap is good, but I haven't caught it yet... So I know I've got a 1'12.xxx in me, but it's going to take the same kind of effort I put into the NSX challenge. Wish me luck!

Edit:
akiraacecombat
to the people doing 1.13 or 1.14, are you sure that you are using R1, bacuse with R3 i am getting these times, there is room for impruvement but i want to know if is posible to get around monaco in that time(and without crashing into anything)

Definitely using R1 tires here. No assists. It's all about finding the right line.

Last edited:
Back