GT Planet Worldwide Member Time Attack Challenge Season Two

• Thread starter Laughss
  • 598 comments
Challenge # 3 (01/24/2010 - 01/26/2010)
Nissan Skyline Hard Top 2000GT-R (KPGC10) '70 (S1/S1)
Suzuka Circuit East Course / Forward

Good Luck To Everyone!!

1'03.5xx after about 10 laps... I think a 1'02 will be possible but it's gonna be tough. Crossing the line at 150 km/h on a good final corner.

1'03.5xx after about 10 laps... I think a 1'02 will be possible but it's gonna be tough. Crossing the line at 150 km/h on a good final corner.

1'05.1xx for me so far without any tuning.

Have to say I am suprised by how fast the old Skyline is and how well it drives for a 1970 model.

Yeah, it handles nicely. Was one of my favorite cars for drifting in GT4. I'm definitely going to break into the 1'02s soon. Currently at 1'03.085 and I know where I can make up time... Just a matter of putting it all together.

Damn! must be some kinda bad omen. Right after I posted that message last night my internet died again. Oh well. By the way thanks for the tuning suggestion Glubags.

thanks for the tuning suggestion Glubags.

No problem! Hope it was helpful.

As far as C3 goes, I really don't think I'm going to beat my current time. I could've been a bit smoother in a couple places but I think any improvement would be a matter of hundredths or thousandths at this point... on the whole I'm very satisfied with the lap.

Click.

Youtubed:

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B59B0165704.zip
    52.5 KB · Views: 7
Holy crap... sub 1'03 already!

I did a about five laps this morning with my best time being 1'05.0xx. I find that I enjoy the way this car feels. It sort of reminds me of the Buick Grand National from Season 1.5.

I've only got you by less than a second... A little finesse and you might have me going back to try for a faster time. :)

The last corner is absolutely critical... Should be starting/finishing a lap at 150-151 km/h to save as much time as possible down the straight.

Oh I don't play with km/h, only mph. I looked over my S1 ghost and i'm taking the same line as the 86. I'm pretty sure i'll get into the '02's soon enough.

I just improved to 1'02.933 :D a difference of .012! It'd take a miracle and steel nerves for me to do any better.

I'm pretty sure I would've had a high 1'02.8 if I hadn't messed up the beginning of the S section. Due to that the lap is a bit sloppier overall but I managed to come out of the first corner with my 1'02.945 ghost right on my bumper and never let it get farther onto me than my doors.

Click.

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B59B0165705.zip
    52.5 KB · Views: 39
What a great little car this one is.

1'04.706.

P1267037.jpg

View attachment UCES01245RPLY-B59B0165700.zip

Last edited:
Today is the last day for C3, please get your time submissions in before 11pm PST! Don't be late.

On a side note, I think I have hit my limit. 1'03.5xx 👎👎

When I started I would have been happy with 1'05.xxx. After discovering how to hit the last turn (completely exhasted and out of time - almost ..) I'm disappointed I haven't got into the 1'03.xxx area.

Was a great challenge though and this track taught me that sometimes holding a gear rather than shifting down can be better - especially in the final turn.

Stop Press: Quicker again but with some woeful driving approaching turn 4 and again in the final turn which cost me probably .5 of a second.

1'04.203 so far is my best time.

Last edited:
That last turn is going to be the bane of me for this challenge - I still haven't found the perfect line/speed combo yet. I do it differently each and every time. I'm fine with all the previous turns, but that last one is a mystery to me! I'm sure that I've come close to nailing it, unbeknownst me to me of course. Oh well, I've got a pretty decent time going right now and, even if I could or couldn't shave off a few tenths with a dialed-in last turn, I'd be fairly happy about my time for this challenge.

On a related note, I've enjoyed the lack of spin-outs with this car (especially compared to the last challenge)! I mean, I've still spun out if my rear tire went off course - especially on the last turn - but that's somewhat uncommon.

Great job man! Looked like you'd settled for a 1'04.7, but you managed to beat that by nearly a full second, and on such a short track, that's a giant improvement. 👍

and here is mine:

detroitbb

1'03.402

91012673.jpg

I never could find a tuning setup that seemed 'right' to me. In fact, I got this time while my front and rear toe were both set to -50. I got times only a few tenths off of this while going back to the default settings. I think it's safe to say that, as far as tuning goes, I have no idea what I'm doing!

:lol:

^ that's funny you say that, your times are getting better and better now. After tuning adjustments, I hit 1'03.1xx. Now I can play some Tatsunoko vs Capcom :P

^ that's funny you say that, your times are getting better and better now.

Psp88 noted the same thing today. I guess I have shown some improvement, but it's hard for me to judge just how much. I'll have a better idea closer to the end of the Season 2.

Let me ask you guys:

1) Do you know when you have your tuning settings 'dialed in' or close to it?

2) Do you start with the default settings or do you have a roughly baseline 'custom' setting that you always start off with?

3) What happened to Yavy?

Last edited:
Great job man! Looked like you'd settled for a 1'04.7, but you managed to beat that by nearly a full second, and on such a short track, that's a giant improvement. 👍

Thanks. I pretty much tuned the car for the last two corners so I could hold third gear rather that have to drop down to 2nd and that was it.

Back