GT Planet Worldwide Member Time Attack Challenge Season Two

• Thread starter Laughss
  • 598 comments
thanks everyone.

When I try and play someone elses replay files it says Corrupted data.

It can be UCES , UCUS, or UCAS and all of them say Corrpted Data.

EDIT: I have worked on my braking technique and shaved a few seconds off my times. Seems I was going in a little fast and coming out of corners too slow.

2:01:760

P1207028 copy.jpg

View attachment UCES01245RPLY-B8337505E03.zip

Cheers.

Last edited:
stuck at 01'59.04x :grumpy:

Please note, today is the last day to submit your times and replays before 11pm PST! Don't be late, no exceptions!

Im at 2'00.XXX..... Im working alot this week! If you havent figured it out yet Im in the US Air force, this week we are having an exercise, that means 12 hour shifts that run longer than that. I should be on my way home by 0700 and my cut off time for the challange is 0800. It will be close but i want to break the 2min time before i submit. See you in the morning:P

Question,

How is this:
gtpsp_ontheline2.jpg

Any different from this:
attachment.php

:confused:
I'm really confused about that. They look pretty much identical to me.

Honestly, I am fine with both of them, but I can't fathom why one is OK and the other isn't.

@ Detroitbb

Any different from what? No picture was linked, if you are refering to psp88's picture, from what it looks like the whole car is riding the green and bumper.

@ Detroitbb

Any different from what? No picture was linked, if you are refering to psp88's picture, from what it looks like the whole car is riding the green and bumper.

Huh... the pic shows up on my screen - odd. Is anyone else seeing it?

But, yeah, I am referring to psp88's picture where he has one front tire solidly on the tarmac and the rear tire (one the same side of the car) on the white line or slightly over it. This is same thing that Glubags' car is doing in his picture. Both cars have the rumble strip under their autos (it's hard to see it on psp88's picture because he has the HUD displayed; but it's there) so if they happen to be over the line, that one tire is on that and not on the grass with the other two outside tires.

I guess what I'm trying to do is clarify what is acceptable and not so that if I have a lap with that situation, I'll clearly know if I can save/submit that replay for the competition. Contrary to what it may seem like, I'm not trying to bust your balls, niigaki!

:)

@ Detroitbb, my fault. I wasn't signed in and I couldn't see it LOL :yuck:

But back to the topic, when I saw psp88's picture. It clearly looks like the whole car is on the green portion of the bumper. On the other hand while looking at Glubags replay, at least 1 wheel was on the tarmac while the other was missing for half a second. To be fair, i'll accept psp88's submission if he chooses to use that one.

But from now until the end of this season is over. If you have all four wheels even off course for any amount of time, your time will be DQ. 2 wheels on the course and 2 on the bumper are acceptable.

Yeah, PSP88's pic looks like the exact same thing, a small slide to the outside, just on the other side. That's the exit of the small right-hand kink before the final corner, so he's definitely not gaining any time at that moment as if he were cutting the inside of a corner. I think it's fair to allow his time if mine is.

To avoid this later, I won't be asking about close calls like this one--I'll just suck it up and do the lap again cleanly without any questionable moments. 👍

Thanks guys and sorry about that.
That may be asking too much for me.
Not to worry, I already deleted that save file (1'58.4 :ouch: ).

I'll post my time in a few minutes, I have to review my fast lap first.

@Detroitbb
Good to have your son here.
Regards from the TAC team.
Hope your fiancee gets well soon.

@allent2
I'm sure if given the time, you can go sub 2.

@tdunster
Good job!

EDIT:
1'59.557

Attachments

• IMG_2493_.jpg
    IMG_2493_.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 7
  • UCUS98632RPLY-B8337505E00.zip
    53 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
didn't improve more than a few tenths
02'00.054
DSC03961.jpg

Attachments

53.2 KB · Views: 31
Sorry psp88 for the trouble that I caused.

Please note that it is now 5:10pm PST. Deadline is 11pm PST. Good Luck to everyone on this first challenge. Challenge two will be posted between 11pm and Midnight PST.

O.K. My procrastination really hurt me, This is the best I could get this round.
Time 2'04.331
I'll have to work harder next round.
AllenT2 Thanks for serving!👍 We really appreciate all you guys do for us!👍

Attachments

52.9 KB · Views: 34
  • Jan20^01.jpg
    Jan20^01.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 13
Final Time Submission.

01'59.041

Attachments

• IMG_0645.jpg
    IMG_0645.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 6
  • UCUS98632RPLY-B8337505E08.zip
    53.3 KB · Views: 32
Please note that Challenge 1 has come to an end. Congrats to Glubags for placing 1st in C1.

Challenge # 2 (01/21/2010 - 01/23/2010)
Toyota SUPRA RZ ‘97 (S1/S1)
Tokyo R246 / Reverse

Good Luck To Everyone!!!

Ah, not a big fan of Tokyo... but maybe this challenge will change my opinion. :)

Oh, and you've got my C1 time listed as 1'46 on the first page... I wish! :lol:

Yeah, that's really awesome. 👍 My fiancée's sister and her boyfriend are both serving in the army and are stationed in Afghanistan. Couldn't be more grateful for what you guys do for us civilians back home.

I have rarely ever run Tokyo in reverse... that combined with the Supra's tendency to want to slide it's rear out will make for a very interesting challenge! There are a couple of spots where we are going to have to be careful or else we'll end up seeing the dreaded sparks flying.

2'02.398 is my best after doing two quick test laps. I'm going to safely assume that Glu is around a 1'52.xxx or something ridiculous like that! Ha ha ha

Haven't had a chance to run it yet. :) Brought my PSP to work thinking it'd be a slow day... couldn't have been more wrong. On my lunch break now, will definitely put in a couple laps when I finish eating.

@ Glubags

Fixed, sorry about that haha. I thought to myself last night, this must be wrong did he really beat us by 10 seconds lol.

On another note, I am glad people are having issues with this challenge. I love this track, but this car untuned doesn't handle worth crap without drifting. Remember, no Wall Taps or will result in a DQ in your laptime submission. Only clean laps will be accepted so you will need to make your lap runs perfect. Good Luck!!!

this car untuned doesn't handle worth crap without drifting

No kidding. This whole track is a drift-fest in this car.

My untuned time after 3 laps is 2'01.247. Should be able to manage a sub-2 minute lap with some tuning and a little more refining of my line. My best guess at this point is low 1'59s... we'll see.

@niigaki
Under 2 minutes yet? And how do you love this track? lol

Edit:
1'59.732

Now that I've tuned it a little, I think a 1'58 might be in the cards for me.

Edit:
1'58.590 :)

1'57? Maybe... maybe.

Last edited:
From a visual/aesthetic point of view, I really like this course. I can't see myself getting bored on this one. Frustrated? Hell yeah... but that would have more to do with the car and my lack of abilities than with the environment!

Yeah, I love the way it looks, I'm just not a fan of the layout at all. Only redeeming value to me is the handful of very tricky corners... some are very hard to judge in terms of braking and turn-in.

1'57 is definitely possible. I've been up half a second on my 1'58.5 ghost at the first split... just to hit a wall later.

Modified a little track map with splits and arbitrarily-numbered corners:

tr246.gif

I think I'm losing most of my time trying to find a consistent braking point for entering Turn 1, then finding a smooth line through the 3/4 complex, and again for the 8/9 combo. Turn 6 is also a bit difficult for me to judge due to the irregular inside curbing.

Wait is it too late for me to submit my time? Replaced my comp and went through hell to get internet working on it. Sorry.

It's too late for the first challenge - sorry.

But, and here's the good news, you're not too late for the second challenge!

:)

This track is VERY frustrating with this car on these tires.

After several laps, a I ran a non-wall-toucher that suffices, but it's not a great lap by any means. Totally missed my line through turn 1 due to late braking, did well enough through the next uphill section, took turns 3-4 slower than normal due to missing the initial turn-in point, got too sideways in 7 and lost speed, 8-9 was ok, and 10 was decent. Hands are killing me, might try again later. Theoretically I should be able to go over half a second faster.

Click.

Back