GT Prologue - finished ALL GOLDS on licenses

• Thread starter JB0
  • 42 comments
You can add me to the all golds club!!!

Finally finished up with the coffee breaks tonight, they weren't as hard as I originally thought. Finding the right pattern for that Legacy one took me forever.

Arwin, I added my times to the database. I've got some times to shave off I see. I haven't ever tried to best a time once I got gold, so hopefully theres some that I can reduce to get close to you guys! Is that honeycar guy for real? Can anyone confirm his times, some of them just aren't possible it seems. And why hasn't he filled in all his times? Hmmmm....

Yes, his times are completely legit. Honeycar is one of the greatest DS2 drivers in existence. He has been for a while too, though he's been a bit quiet the last year (with the exception of winning his Board Challenge race of course). His races are always 100% clean too, so no real need to worry there. ;)

The right pattern for the Legacy - well, the pattern I found should get you a 44 at least, so define right. :D I found it quickly too, I just took a screenshot of the map and then drew a line that suited the car, kept the speed up and didn't cover too much cones twice. I refined it twice and then had to practice for a while before I could drive it (about 20 attempts) properly. The results were well worth the cerebral effort. :lol:

I got ya beat 8400. :) I got gold on my final Lancia Delta test about 3:00 am Wednesday morning. 1'36.995 in just about the UGLIEST gold I've ever earned.

I think I'm going to go around and try to rebest my gold times. I saw a bunch of those times and they're downright scary.

Arwin, does the database hold XPS files of any of the top timed replays? If it does, I'd probably end up getting a X-port just for that.

No, but just about everyone in the top spot will provide you with a replay if you ask them politely, though don't forget to mention which version you have - most have been done with the Asian version, but my times for instance have all been done in the Japanese version. Considering I did them with the wheel and a bugged version my own times make for half decent replays too. ;) Can't wait to get my hands on the bugless version (should be any day now) and see how I stack up against the DS2 guys.

Oh - I forgot to mention how much trouble the Legacy Coffee Break gave me. I ended up taking a dry erase marker and running a line on the screen. I went for a kinda inward running spiral going clockwise.

And since I've finished with the all the tests, I would like to take this moment to tell anyone willing to read how much I HATED, loathed, despised, resented, deprecated and downright DETESTED the Evo 8 MR Tsukuba test. GRRRR :banghead: That's all, you may now resume normal forum browsing.

Arwin, I forgot to ask - is the DB open to everyone?

Yes, the DB is open to everyone, you just have to register to submit your times. That Honeycar must be a super freak! I just can't imagine some of those times. Although I would also like to try a non-bugged version myself to see what a difference it makes.

Congrats Jizzmirk! Let's see if your times beat mine.:)

Yes the GT4P Database is filling in very nicely :cool:

Honeycar is giving me real thumbache ... considering you have to run each test for roughly an hour before you can get near his times:(

It's all good fun though 👍 .... so far i have submitted for about 29 of the possible 46 tests, all entries have a saved replay for whoever fancies a nosey ;)

Laters and best of luck with your Licences :)

Out of curiousity, anyone using the d-pad control for steering? I still can't get used to analog steering and I forgot to buy a stepdown transformer for my imported wheel :banghead:

Just passed Mclaren 10 lap license first time and got Gold, so I'm pleased for today :D

hehe got a time in the top 5, so I'm even more happy!

Have no idea how I can shave half a second off on some of those without taking a new line me thinks

wow just found this site:

http://www.davidanderson.org.uk/

totally changing my views on what lines to take, should start getting faster golds after watching these lol.

BTW, if anyone here remembers, what tyres did you guys run on in those replays? The amount of sliding on some of them makes them look like sim tyres, although I havent played GT3 in ages so I cant even remember the tyre choices lol.

All of these were run on the fastest available tires. The sliding comes from just driving too d$@# fast. :D Exception being my Clio @ Monaco run, that was, as clearly stated, on Sim Tyres. Try it, it's fun, but really hard too

ahhh I loved that video, mainly because it was one of my fav non-racing cars in GT3! V. nice control.

thanks for the answer.

Btw, I see you're from London. Did you put yourself on Famine's UK GT3 players map yet? And have you ever iLinked? I so far haven't heard of no iLinkers whatsoever in the UK, though a bunch of them would really like to get something going - for some reason however it never works out. In Germany and France, and even the Netherlands there is a lot of iLinking going on, but for some reason not in the UK. Famine's map helps a lot by showing people where fellow GT3 drivers live nearby ...

Get that iLink going, you won't regret it!

cool thanks, I'll put myself on that map.

Need some practise though, had to sell my GT3 when I bought another PS2 :(

Back