GT PSP - GT3/GT4 Career Mode

• Thread starter VincentB
  • 37 comments
France
France
Hello everyone!

I have been playing GT PSP for some months, and just like a lot of people I was quite disappointed not having an implemented GT Mode.
I decided to recreate the GT3/GT4 Career Mode with some changes for some tracks or rewards.

How does it function?

First of all, driving missions became the driver licenses. For example, DM from letter A to C is equal to the B Driver License. Just like the GT Mode from console Gran Turismo, championships are locked until you have reached the right Driver License.

Also, you might need to have all tracks at B or A level to start going into the Career Mode as every championship has its own difficulty. (Actually, starting with A will makes things much easier for you ;) )

Another system I had to deal with is the day availability of championships. Basically, almost every day (out of the 70 day cycle) allows you to start a new championship. At the end of the championship, the rewarded car will be available in the dealership. You will just have to buy it.

The days are calculated if you do not waste a day doing something else than the championship. If you do, you might miss the car. Moreover, you might need to have a certain amount of money before doing a championship because of the fact you have to spend money. (I have not calculated everything by now)

Of course, you are not allowed to buy cars that are rewarded.

For the Endurance races, press retry every time you finished it in order to do the proper number of laps. (for example, 1000km of Suzuka = 2x 86 laps).

The only problem with this system is that opponents do not have cars that fit the restrictions... But I cannot do anything about that...

The whole system is presented on an Excel Spreadsheet. By now, everything is in French (sorry about that, when I started it, I was thinking no one was still playing that game haha). And the days are calculated for those who started with the Alfa Romeo 147! So changes needs to be done for the days if you started with another car!

Feel free to comment, hope you'll enjoy it!

EDIT (26/07/2015) ENGLISH VERSION ADDED!

Attachments

• GT PSP French.xlsx
    103.7 KB · Views: 105
  • GT PSP English.xlsx
    103.4 KB · Views: 721
Last edited:
Wow! This looks cool. The way I do it is using GTVault to recreate the races.

Also, I'd like it translated if you don't mind :)

Hi!
Nice to see it interested you! I had no time before now to start translating everything. I'll probably finish it for next week. I'll post it here once done! :)
So sad we cannot choose the opponent's cars...

Alright, I will try now that I've got the other Alpine :)
If you want another advice, don't try the Umbria Easy with the Sprinter Trueno haha!
I'll probably finish the English version tonight ;)

There you go mate!
Have fun!
The french and english version are on the first post too.
ENGLISH VERSION

Attachments

• GT PSPen.xlsx
    103.4 KB · Views: 154
Sadly not. The R8 LMS is a GT3 car, not a DTM one. It is used in the GT Asia Cup. ;) The current Audi that is racing in DTM is an Audi RS5.
DTM cars have usually around 450HP while the R8 LMS got 550HP. ;)

Well I was asking because the R8 is a German race car. Then I realized that it was a GT3 car :lol:

Hello everyone!

I have been playing GT PSP for some months, and just like a lot of people I was quite disappointed not having an implemented GT Mode.
I decided to recreate the GT3/GT4 Career Mode with some changes for some tracks or rewards.

How does it function?

First of all, driving missions became the driver licenses. For example, DM from letter A to C is equal to the B Driver License. Just like the GT Mode from console Gran Turismo, championships are locked until you have reached the right Driver License.

Also, you might need to have all tracks at B or A level to start going into the Career Mode as every championship has its own difficulty. (Actually, starting with A will makes things much easier for you ;) )

Another system I had to deal with is the day availability of championships. Basically, almost every day (out of the 70 day cycle) allows you to start a new championship. At the end of the championship, the rewarded car will be available in the dealership. You will just have to buy it.

The days are calculated if you do not waste a day doing something else than the championship. If you do, you might miss the car. Moreover, you might need to have a certain amount of money before doing a championship because of the fact you have to spend money. (I have not calculated everything by now)

Of course, you are not allowed to buy cars that are rewarded.

For the Endurance races, press retry every time you finished it in order to do the proper number of laps. (for example, 1000km of Suzuka = 2x 86 laps).

The only problem with this system is that opponents do not have cars that fit the restrictions... But I cannot do anything about that...

The whole system is presented on an Excel Spreadsheet. By now, everything is in French (sorry about that, when I started it, I was thinking no one was still playing that game haha). And the days are calculated for those who started with the Alfa Romeo 147! So changes needs to be done for the days if you started with another car!

Feel free to comment, hope you'll enjoy it!

EDIT (26/07/2015) ENGLISH VERSION ADDED!
Excellent idea going to give this a go

There's a small error in the main presentation of the different events. The 100 Miles of Seattle needs to be done on the days 20-21, not 10-11. ;)
Also, I've been completing several events (all beginner and almost all professional).
Here is the finish of the 100 Miles of Seattle completed with a Corvette C5 Z06:
547860Seattle.jpg

And the first part of the 3h of Infineon Raceway with a Pescarolo Courage - Judd Racer:
385154Infineon.jpg

Looks like I will have to add 5-6 laps for the second part...

Endurance races are great, especially as you have no pit stop to do, you have to be constantly focused on how you drive.
I found out that the AI is acting a little bit like in Mario Kart. They are way slower once you are at the 3rd or 4th place... But once you are in front, it's impossible (at least for me) to clearly put time between you and the opponents. That's why I finished not far from the others...

Yes, this is my first Sony handheld platform ;) The OLED screen makes GTPSP looking great!
(I keep hoping that Polyphony Digital will do a GTVita eventhough chances are low...)

Sorry for the double post, I finished the 3h of Infineon Raceway. 10 minutes are missing after that shot, I've done 8 more laps after that one to complete the race.
254732Infineon2.jpg

3h was quite long. I am not very looking forward for the 24h races haha, but I'll do it in a few weeks. Might be fun to see how long before I hit by mistake that restart button... It happened to me for the Seattle race after 20 laps ><

I'll tell you what, my gameplay is going to be LONG :D

I'm almost done with the FF Challenge, so still got a lot to do.

Sorry for double posting, but there's an error for the FF Challenge. It should be 2 laps on Motegi East and not West.

That's correct... Sorry about that, it looks like I've made the same mistake here and there... Best way to make sure it is the right track is to compare the reward as they are always equilibrate between each races. ;)

Here's a challenge for you guys!

Spec II Mode
All races are locked at S Rank and most events are double the length :mischievous:

I'm done with the FR Challenge, I'm taking a little break from videos but made big progress on my Vita. I finished the Beginner, Professional and Japanese events and have over 3,000,000 Cr!

Hey, is this Thread still active? I got a few questions.

I started with the Honda Jazz / Fit on my emulator, cause I got no psp anymore. So what shall I do first? Do the Driving Missions A-C and then start on day 4 with a championship in the 4th-day-period? I'm not getting this, but I want to do this so bad :(

The car cycle starts again after 70 days, so if you miss a day where a prize car is available then you can wait it out.

It depends on what car you start with. I think the Simulation Mode is set if you have the Alpha 147.

A little update on my progress:

I finished the Manufacturer events up to Honda and now starting the European events with the big championship known as 1000 Miles! I'm using my Kharman Ghia and currently at 11/25 laps on Nurburgring with a lap ahead of the Beetle and Honda Z Act and 3 laps ahead of the poor Subaru 360.

After 4 hours 36 minutes, I finished the first race with 3 laps ahead of the Beetle and Z Act and 8 laps ahead of the Subaru 360.

This is quite interesting. I might try it, although I have already played a lot of the game already so it will be slightly off.

18 laps in the second race. Got a 5 second lead ahead of the Honda S500, half a lap ahead of the Beetle and 2 laps ahead of the 360.

Race 2 finished in 3 hours and 3 minutes, with 15 seconds ahead of the S500, 2 laps ahead of the Beetle, and multiple laps ahead of the 360.

Back