GT PSP Texture Modding

• Thread starter KevinBS23
  • 74 comments
Indonesia
Indonesia
Yesterday, I've made a mod for the Gran Turismo PSP game. It will only work if you play it on PC emulator.
This mod will replace the BMW M3 GTR Race Car '01 with the classic NFS Most Wanted's BMW M3 GTR.
Check it out.

Here's the link for more details and screenshots (download included) :
---> http://bs23-designs.blogspot.co.id/2016/07/nfs-most-wanted-bmw-m3-gtr-paintjob-mod.html

Oh, and if you want to request a mod or something, you can leave a reply to this post.

Tutorial :
http://j.gs/8im8

Video :

Screenshots :
UCUS98632_00010.jpg

UCUS98632_00014.jpg

UCUS98632_00030.jpg

UCUS98632_00031.jpg

Need for Speed!!!

Last edited:
Nice job dude! You managed to find the textures of the car and reuse the Most Wanted livery from the PC version of Most Wanted. In fact you should make an tutorial about this. Unless GTP will allow it.

Last edited:
This is a thing? Oh my god...

Isn't this the NFS Carbon version of the livery? I remember the MW version being a lighter blue. Anyway, its very existence is an achievement in and of itself. Well done.

Isn't this the NFS Carbon version of the livery? I remember the MW version being a lighter blue. Anyway, its very existence is an achievement in and of itself. Well done.
Hopefully GT2 will have the same treatment. We have the files, we just need to figure out the system on how the files work. If it can be done on the GT PSP, then it should be possible in GT2 and GT1, hopefully.

Nice job dude! You managed to find the textures of the car and reuse the Most Wanted livery from the PC version of Most Wanted. In fact you should make an tutorial about this. Unless GTP will allow it.
Well actually I learned how to mod PSP games from this forum :
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=16586

Actually it's from the 2012 Most Wanted version (I think) yes it's supposed to be light blue due to Most Wanted (2005)'s game graphics. From all the series after the 2012 version, the BMW appeared to be dark blue (until NFS 2015)

Hopefully GT2 will have the same treatment. We have the files, we just need to figure out the system on how the files work. If it can be done on the GT PSP, then it should be possible in GT2 and GT1, hopefully.
Well it's impossible to mod GT1 and GT2.... for now. I'll try to find a way to mod on it.

Btw, thanks for the replies ^^ I appreciated it so much!

Question:

Do you have to pay for those extra programs and are they trustworthy? I'm being more careful with what I put on my computer.

In the future, you should rename this thread to something like "GT PSP Mod Thread".

Also, any chance of modding in the secret Black cars from GT4?

First, sorry for the late reply. (-/\-)
Question:

Do you have to pay for those extra programs and are they trustworthy? I'm being more careful with what I put on my computer.

Nope, they're freewares. Yes, they're trustworthy. uMod is beta-version of Texmod, which is a famous program among modders, since it's really easy to use. Somehow Texmod doesn't work with PPSSPP, but the beta-version (uMod) does. I've been using Texmod for about 3 years, and nothing wrong happened to my computer (so the devs are really trustworthy).

In the future, you should rename this thread to something like "GT PSP Mod Thread".

Also, any chance of modding in the secret Black cars from GT4?

Done, thread title renamed. Wait, you mean modding the GT4? If that's the case then it's impossible (for now). Haven't checked it yet. I only know how to mod in PSP games. Though some people have found the modding methods for PS1 and PS2 games but it's quite hard and not as simple as modding PSPs.

decals appear bright because theyre sitting above the baked shadows, mess with your transparency settings in the texture and itll look a little better.

decals appear bright because theyre sitting above the baked shadows, mess with your transparency settings in the texture and itll look a little better.
Oh, I see. Thanks for telling me that. I'll try to make it lil' bit transparent for my next mods.

Added a test run video on the top post. You can watch it in Youtube if you're interested.
And I will also upload a mod tutorial tomorrow in my blog. Stay tune~

I actually want my PSP back. Like, right now. Watching the thread now to see how it all progresses. Hoping to (at least) create some liveries sometime in the future for some of you. :gtpflag:

I mean changing the textures of the GT-ONE, 787B, R92CP, R390 GT1 and FGT so that they look like the Black models.
Sorry GTvsForza. That day, I thought GT4 was only for PS2 :D
Well it is possible to mod GT4 (the one for PSP) but.... It'll be quite challenging. GT PSP itself has 48 textures for each cars. I can't imagine how many textures that each cars in GT4 have :eek:

I actually want my PSP back. Like, right now. Watching the thread now to see how it all progresses. Hoping to (at least) create some liveries sometime in the future for some of you.
Well, this mod only available for PPSSPP emulator. But if we can hack inside the iso, it might be available for the original PSP (I dunno how, haven't tried tho)

Had a go at changing the textures on a R34. There was load of textures to edit through so I tried to pick some that were relevant to the body. One problem I had was that the textures had very low opacity making it hard to edit. Also, I couldn't figure were most of the textures wen't so here is what I made.

Besides, some practice will do so I can make some replicas of RM's and real cars. :)

jz7dxj.jpg

Had a go at changing the textures on a R34. There was load of textures to edit through so I tried to pick some that were relevant to the body. One problem I had was that the textures had very low opacity making it hard to edit. Also, I couldn't figure were most of the textures wen't so here is what I made.

Besides, some practice will do so I can make some replicas of RM's and real cars. :)

jz7dxj.jpg
We could create a Debug Texture file to know where every little car texture will be. It looks like the front might be a problem though.

Edit: I am taking a chance to editing these textures, just a simple one, not a major one.

Last edited:
We could create a Debug Texture file to know where every little car texture will be. It looks like the front might be a problem though.

Edit: I am taking a chance to editing these textures, just a simple one, not a major one.

The front texture was very low res compared to the others, there was also 6 side view textures which seemed to be for LOD. The menu used the highest and the other are for on track. Although, once you've changed the textures you can figure where they all go after confirming everything, but not sure you can overwrite the edited textures.

I think it works like TexMod where you can change all the textures in one go, but they don't stay fully like the GT2 modded ones, but if we hacked in the files we could do something with them.

Back