GT Racing - GT1, GT3, Blancpain Endurance Series & National GT SeriesSports Cars 

Sure. But a) JAF needs to decide so, b) more importantly, is that something Honda will want to pursue as they must have insisted a visible amount of money into the front-engined NSX-GT, especially given their successful run with it. I guess none of us here really knows it or can judge whether last year's mid-engined NSX-GT would be a competitive-enough basis for next year or would it make more sense financially and technically to continue with the 2020 model whether it matches the road-legal NSX or not.

From our fan perspective it may make sense but I don't believe it's that simple.
It wasn't easy for Honda with the old GT500 NSX either. They were using an NA engine while Toyota and Nissan ran V8s for a time and turbos. There was also an issue with the NSX chassis(?). The car wasn't competitve. This was before they switched to the FR HSV. I understand the pouint about the current car being competitve.

I'm not a fan of the Hondas like I used to be, but not even as a fan, but as a choice Honda could make, because of a possible change in regulations.

So Audi tells us Electric bad, Sportscars good, the next day VW is no, all motorsport bad. A day later and Bentley is Sportscars bad, electric good. What next? Skoda thinks rallying is rubbish and switches to TCR, while Cupra tells us TCR is crap and rally is the way forward. Ducati goes to GTLM and Porsche to MotoGP and Lamborghini will build a car for every race series on the planet.

I know its just VW playing musical chairs with who does what but they could have planned it better, it makes it look so uncoordinated.

I don’t know about you guys, but isn’t this what mismanagement looks like?

And I think Skoda did withdraw from at least WRC.

Bitterly disappointing news about Bentley. Glad they were finally able to get that Bathurst 12hr win before departing.
That series is totally laughable & I’d rather gouge my own eyes out with a fork than watch a minute of it.

I've tried a few times to get into FE but I just can't. Just find it too gimmicky.

Last edited:
This article suggests that Bentley are looking into several options to replace the GT3 programme, including Formula E, LMDh/Hypercars and even a hydrogen Le Mans prototype for the 2024 regulations.

Regarding the recent decisions by VW Group, I find it more surprising that the ID. R got canned considering that it worked spectacularly in showcasing Volkswagen's all-electric models. More impressive to watch than a typical Formula E car, too, which begs the question... why couldn't it have formed the basis for an electric sports prototype series with pure sprint races (i.e. no Fanboost or Attack Mode activation zones) and an emphasis on performance?

Last edited:
This article suggests that Bentley are looking into several options to replace the GT3 programme, including Formula E, LMDh/Hypercars and even a hydrogen Le Mans prototype for the 2024 regulations.

Regarding the recent decisions by VW Group, I find it more surprising that the ID. R got canned considering that it worked spectacularly in showcasing Volkswagen's all-electric models. More impressive to watch than a typical Formula E car, too, which begs the question... why couldn't it have formed the basis for an electric sports prototype series with pure sprint races (i.e. no Fanboost or Attack Mode activation zones) and an emphasis on performance?

I was too lazy to post the DSC article yesterday :) If anything, I obviously hope for continued sports car presence from Bentley, the hydrogen stuff looks very interesting. As far as the ID.R goes, VW is crazy. I don't like the brand too much but the ID.R is such an interesting and crazy good car, really bad to see it go wasted.

Roo
BMW to split with Schnitzer Motorsport after over 50 years. An official announcement is expected this afternoon.

Schnitzer seems to slowly disappear but maybe my perception is wrong. I grew up with them being the premier BMW team, really sad to see this.

Last edited:
Schnitzer seems to slowly disappear but maybe my perception is wrong. I grew up with them being the premier BMW team, really sad to see this.

I'd agree with your perception. Real shame. RBM going to. Hopefully they'll both continue to contest races in BMW's even if not as works efforts.

A whole 12 cars will take part in the Kyalami 9 Hour race.

http://vmail.vertouk.net/userfiles/sro/file/2020 Kyalami 9 Hour - Provisional Entry List.pdf

All things considered it's impressive they even got that many, but it's still disappointing. At least they are mostly all-pro entries so the racing may be good enough to overshadow the low car count.

GTWC America had several times less than 12 cars on the grid this year including the GT2 Porsches of I can recall it correctly. The lineups look good, i also hope we’re gonna have good racing.

Last edited:
Sorry for the double, but I saw this...

EpLvIgEWMAAvuMV

:crazy::odd::scared:

Back