GT Racing - GT1, GT3, Blancpain Endurance Series & National GT SeriesSports Cars 

IMSA can be watched live on their website for everyone outside USA/CA

I am from the UK. Due to very overwhelming work shifts lately I haven't been able to watch the IMSA WSCC nearly as much as I wanted to. But I did find windows to watch it I always watched, albeit little snippets, on the YouTube channel.

But now I do not work for my old workplace. So the grueling shift hours are no more. I am now able to watch more of it. But even now will still stick to the YouTube Channel. The quality is really very good good and you do not miss a second.

I'm watching the Dubai 24 hours stream on YouTube right now as of this post. It's the first time I can recall seeing this endurance live either on stream or TV. Let's just hope this race goes MUCH longer than last year's seven-something hours of racing.

I'm watching the Dubai 24 hours stream on YouTube right now as of this post. It's the first time I can recall seeing this endurance live either on stream or TV. Let's just hope this race goes MUCH longer than last year's seven-something hours of racing.
It will. The weather is more normal this year.

Sad news coming from GT World Challenge this afternoon, championship points will be awarded to teams who perform best at PR events for the series' new title sponsor:

I feel sorry for the teams who work hard and invest a lot of money into preparing their cars/driver line ups who could lose a championship based on this.

Last edited:
If it counts towards the championship, it's no longer 'just' a PR event? The teams will need to consider the sim racing component as an important part of their preparation. :)
Maybe, more likely it will devalue the teams championship (the more points awarded the more it will do so), fortunately the drivers championship is unaffected. I think SRO know that if they add gimmicks to that competition the teams/wealthy am's will look elsewhere. There are plenty of other series' to race GT3 cars around Europe, including DTM.

It looks like this news is been seen as a positive by sim fans a negative by motorsport fans, since it's a motorsport series most fans are not going to be too pleased.

Grove Motorsport will field a brand new 911 GT3-R Pro-Am entry for Stephen and Brenton Grove in GTWC Aus.

Grove_GTWCAUS.jpg

I know, but the video posted is from the new series SRO launched with features both classes. Usually we use the top class to determine what thread to put it in.
Didn't know they were mixing them now. Saw GT4 on the thumbnail and when I clicked on the video it was showing a GT4 car.

I didn't finish watching it, Sonoma is such a bland track to watch with absolutely no scenery at all.

However, I was surprised to see the old R8 LMS still going along with those Huracans...

timthumb.php

CMR has confirmed plans to field a pair of Bentley Continental GT3s in this season's Fanatec GT World Challenge Europe Powered by AWS Sprint Cup.

As in 2020 the French squad will contend for overall honours with its #107 machine, while the sister #108 will be entered in the Silver Cup class. The Sprint programme will run alongside CMR's single-car effort in the Endurance Cup, which kicked off earlier this month at Monza.

Stéphane Richelmi makes his return to the series in the #107 following a five-year absence, the Monegasque having previously enjoyed a winning stint with Team WRT. He will partner rising star Benjamin Lessennes, who captured last season's Championnat de France FFSA GT title in the Silver Cup class.

In the #108, Pierre-Alexandre Jean remains on board following some impressive showings in 2020, including a superb run to second overall at Zandvoort. He is joined for a Silver Cup effort by single-seater graduate Ulysse De Pauw, who makes the transition to GT racing following top-three finishes in Championnat de France F4 and BRDC British F3.

CMR will kick off the 2021 Sprint Cup campaign on home turf, with Magny-Cours set to stage the opening event on 7–9 May.

GTPlanet’s own @Christhedude coming so close to a Monaco podium in the Porsche Supercup. Just not quite enough extra speed to get past Boccolachi for third, but great showing nonetheless.

Back