GT Racing - GT1, GT3, Blancpain Endurance Series & National GT SeriesSports Cars 

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks SRO, with the new standalone GT4 series and with complete control of GTWC Australia, are trying to get a strong footing in the country before an eventual Supercars collapse.

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks SRO, with the new standalone GT4 series and with complete control of GTWC Australia, are trying to get a strong footing in the country before an eventual Supercars collapse.
Collapse or Supercars going the DTM route of survival :sly:

Honestly if Supercars collapsed I’d rather see them merge or adopt TA2 Trans Am car regulations. They have a series for those in Australia and they’re not too far off from V8 Supercars nowadays anyways. Probably way cheaper to build and run though.
Absolutely 100% cheaper to build, run than Supercars & a complete no-brainer as a replacement category, should Supercars die.

It also gives the car owners the chance to load up & go race in the U.S; or vice versa.

Got some good views of the GT World Challenge today.

IMG_3835.jpeg

Watched a bit of the GT3 race. Renee Gracie in a newer car, definitely helped her step up. We’ll see if she makes the B12H grid and what she can do for next season.

The underdog victory which everybody forgot. Saleen winning against the Italians in their own backyard with Ferrari's Luca Di Montezemolo attending. Saleen S7R beaten the Maserati MC12, Ferrari 550, Ferrari 575 alongside two Lamborghini Murcielago R GTs.

Last edited:
I just booked my hotel for Spa 2024.

I already booked a hotel in Francorchamps for the race weekend itself, but was unable to book for the days before that. Unfortunately my great plan to watch the booking pages of the hotels in Francorchamps (yes, all of them...) and book a room as soon as they became available. This isn't possible though, as it would appear that the hotels are not bookable at all, presumably because teams have arrangements with local hotels to accommodate their staff.

It also appears to be the case in Spa, but I have been able to book the same apartment I had this year. I was planning to stay in Spa for one night (for the amazing car parade and driver meet & greet, which is free and open to the public) but now I'll be staying in Spa for 3 nights before moving nearer to the track for the race itself. This means I'll be able to stay and watch much more of the race than I was able to this year.

I just booked my hotel for Spa 2024.

I already booked a hotel in Francorchamps for the race weekend itself, but was unable to book for the days before that. Unfortunately my great plan to watch the booking pages of the hotels in Francorchamps (yes, all of them...) and book a room as soon as they became available. This isn't possible though, as it would appear that the hotels are not bookable at all, presumably because teams have arrangements with local hotels to accommodate their staff.

It also appears to be the case in Spa, but I have been able to book the same apartment I had this year. I was planning to stay in Spa for one night (for the amazing car parade and driver meet & greet, which is free and open to the public) but now I'll be staying in Spa for 3 nights before moving nearer to the track for the race itself. This means I'll be able to stay and watch much more of the race than I was able to this year.
Do you have a car? My brother and I stayed here in 2015: https://www.domainelongpre.be/nl/ for one of our nights there. It was decent.

Last edited:
Had no idea that Marciello had switched to BMW. That's a heck of a lineup.

The grid is starting to shape up nicely.

Last edited:
I’m going guess, maybe, more entries will be updated.
Oh, jeez. Didn't realize it was that low on number of entries. Was only basing my prior comment on the quality of some of the teams announced so far. Hopefully there's a few more added in the next couple of weeks. 😅

Oh, jeez. Didn't realize it was that low on number of entries. Was only basing my prior comment on the quality of some of the teams announced so far. Hopefully there's a few more added in the next couple of weeks. 😅
If the 12hr can only limp to the startling with 18 entries this far out from the race....

13 x GT3
2 x GT4
2 x MARC
1 x Random Invite

Let's face it. It's already on life support & they should just pull the plug after this year's race.

Especially, if the domestic GT4 ranks are so healthy, but they would rather support the 6hr.

If the 12hr can only limp to the startling with 18 entries this far out from the race....

13 x GT3
2 x GT4
2 x MARC
1 x Random Invite

Let's face it. It's already on life support & they should just pull the plug after this year's race.

Especially, if the domestic GT4 ranks are so healthy, but they would rather support the 6hr.
And that’s the thing. ”They” scared off the GT4 cars so long ago, at a time like this, could have had another possible twenty GT4 entries for the 12H.

And that’s the thing. ”They” scared off the GT4 cars so long ago, at a time like this, could have had another possible twenty GT4 entries for the 12H.
At the moment, Chaz's McLarens are the only GT4s entered, so he's getting some excellent data for the 6 hour & good on him for not pulling his entries.

I don't now what the cost/ benefit analysis works out to be, but it's obviously not that bad.

At the moment, Chaz's McLarens are the only GT4s entered, so he's getting some excellent data for the 6 hour & good on him for not pulling his entries.

I don't now what the cost/ benefit analysis works out to be, but it's obviously not that bad.
I have to check the schedule(Edit: no B6H schedule yet).
Since GT4 are standalone, I think GT4 will only be at the Bathurst International.

I have to check the schedule(Edit: no B6H schedule yet).
Since GT4 are standalone, I think GT4 will only be at the Bathurst International.
Ok. I was sure I read that GT4 was in for the 6hr.

Either way, the whole saga stinks of politics.
People with eligible GT4 cars not interested in running at the best circuit in the country?
What, the only bloke that could find a budget to run cars is Chaz?

I'm calling BS 💩

Back