GT Racing - GT1, GT3, Blancpain Endurance Series & National GT SeriesSports Cars 

Has anyone ever been on a package tour to a GT race?

I would love to see the Nurburgring 24h, but it looks very difficult to go there unless you've got a camper van or at the very least a car.

I see there's a tour package that leaves from London (https://www.selectmotorracing.com/Endurance/Nurburgring_24.html) that would make the trip possible, though I don't know how much of the circuit one would actually get to see on such a trip.

When I went to Spa last year, I spend four days at the track and saw the entire circuit, but the Norschleife is clearly a different proposition. But rocking up to Spa on foot is relatively easy compared to the Nurb, hence why a package trip might be a better option. If anyone has any suggestions or experience with these, please let me know or drop me a PM.

It's better than the numbers I posted about previously, but it's still far from what I'd call healthy.

Let's see if it grows by the 40-50% it needs next year.
Exactly.

All things considered, with overseas fighting, this year are a few less than the start of COVID. I'm just going to think the latest GT3 cars will definitely be in next year. Maybe teams that are doing Le Mans as well. It's a big year for GT3.
I haven't read any up to date news about the required GT3LM package, for la Sarthe.

Exactly.

All things considered, with overseas fighting, this year are a few less than the start of COVID. I'm just going to think the latest GT3 cars will definitely be in next year. Maybe teams that are doing Le Mans as well. It's a big year for GT3.
I haven't read any up to date news about the required GT3LM package, for la Sarthe.
What is this GT3LM package you speak of?

I can only guess it is the latest decree from the ACO?

What is this GT3LM package you speak of?

I can only guess it is the latest decree from the ACO?

In short, Parts to make the cars look different at Le Mans.
Honestly I don't think that there would be anything special for Le Mans. Since that article that you linked I haven't seen anything about it. The ACO might have thought that this would be some sort of grand idea but the manufacturers weren't keen on that.

Honestly I don't think that there would be anything special for Le Mans. Since that article that you linked I haven't seen anything about it. The ACO might have thought that this would be some sort of grand idea but the manufacturers weren't keen on that.
That's what I was thinking above. It would be an unnecessary cost to teams.
Just as a flip, might as well have stayed with GTE in the form of GT2 cars, even though they are just below GT3. That's if the FIA and ACO wanted to make the cars to actually be different to GT3.

In short, Parts to make the cars look different at Le Mans.
To make all the GT3 guys spend extra just to make them look different for the 24hr, is absurd.
It makes no sense when you consider that most, if not all GT3 receive annual updates.

It is something that the ACO have done before though.
They're well known for looking at what the FIA & all the competitors have agreed to in the past and saying "Non. We are different."

Mercifully, it looks like common sense has prevailed this time.

This looks incredible

image_2024-02-12_101249151.png

Am I right in saying that the Bathurst 12hr will start at 7.45 am UK time this Saturday?
Not sure what time it'll be for you, but it starts at 5:45 am Sunday morning local time.
It looks like the official website is convert to UTC for us @Touring Mars

5:45am AEDT is 6:45pm GMT, so when the website says 6:45PM for the race, it already seems to be converting it to our time.

1707826504552.png

Last edited:
Thanks for the answers :cheers:

Unfortunately that makes it kinda difficult to watch here in the UK, but I will try to catch some of it on Saturday night.

Is the Mustang GT3 having issues being ready, or perhaps difficult to drive? Or is it just about money?

Is the Mustang GT3 having issues being ready, or perhaps difficult to drive? Or is it just about money?
The car has been out and lapping circuits for long enough now, so they should be shortening the list of things to test.

Having said that, this is Ford's first GT3 Mustang. Is it a fault-free design, or are their inherent demons within the build?

Even the top teams winning titles will tell you there is never enough testing.

Unless this Mustang is still seconds off the pace despite months of testing, there's another reason for the sudden, abrupt end to this relationship.

I think it was weird the 2017 GT4 car only had two teams abroad run the cars. One, briefly, in the GT4 European Series and one in the British GT series.
It'll be interesting which GT4 Mustang runs in the Monochrome GT4 series.

As for the GT3 car, are the same team that developed the Ford GTE entry developing the GT3 car? Seems out of step if Multimatic haven't built this car to perform well.
Guess we'll find out in time.

This Dinamic and ford split could purely be financial support based. The car itself did somewhat ok on debut at Daytona.

Back