GT Racing - GT1, GT3, Blancpain Endurance Series & National GT SeriesSports Cars 

Those times seem pretty strange, will have to see what prequalifying brings later today

The GT3's are looking pretty interesting as well

I think its the first major event to use the pit complex at Silverstone

Yeah, hoping that the flaws with timing equipment are fixed by the weekend! GT3's will definitely be interesting, always are. Massive grid of cars from some of the best manufacturers in the world and always close racing too! Support races are looking pretty good as well.

And it is the first event to use the so-called 'Wing', beating F1 and MotoGP to the post. ;)

I'm trying to work out where to watch the start from, it looks like the first major braking zone is going to be going into Arena (could be called Village) so might head there for the first race of the day

I personally move around as the race progresses, I'm rarely in the same place for more than 2 laps (it's the photographer in me). I'd suggest going to the Arena, Luffield, Abbey, Vale and Maggot's and Beckett's is always worth a look too - last year as they changed down a gear for the corner they usually spat flames in typical GT1 fashion. But that's personally where I would look at going, luckily Abbey, Vale, Arena and Luffield are all within a short walk from each other.

I tend to move around between the races although I do sometimes walk from Maggots down towards Stowe, its quite cool hearing them flying down the straight and then diving on the brakes.

I watched them at Maggots Becketts last year and the down shift was impressive, loved the lick of flame coming out!

Going to get there early on Sunday and hopefully get some time to have a look around the Lamborghini area and at the new pits. I think the old pits are still going to house all the support race teams

Those times are odd, what circuit are they using?

I'll be there on Sunday aswell, lookout for a guy in white jeans/shoes and a red blazer.

Haha, must be the motorway surrounding Silverstone judging by the times :lol: Also found that currently no-one actually knows who topped the GT3 Free Practice due to the timing still not running. Seems to be a few teething problems with the new 'Wing' after-all.

My phone's saying 17 degrees for Silverstone on Sunday.

From what I've seen the showers are scheduled for between 6:00AM and 9:00AM. But as you said, it'll probably be best to check later on.

Pre-qualifying for GT1 is now on, hopefully the timing screens are working now. Later on I'll post the time table for this weekend's various events.

EDIT: Weather forecast has changed. Not for the better either. Hoping it'll change between now and Sunday!

Last edited:
Apologies for the double post; Here's the timetable for this weekend's action at Silverstone.

Saturday 4th June

09:00-09:30 - Lamborghini Blancpain Super Trofeo - Qualifying
09:40-10:30 - FIA GT3 European Championship - Qualifying
10:55-11:20 - GT4 Cup - Race 1
11:30-12:30 - FIA GT1 World Championship - Qualifying
13:30-14:30 - FIA GT3 European Championship - Race 1

14:55-15:35 - Lamborghini Blancpain Super Trofeo - Race 1
16:15-17:15 - FIA GT1 World Championship - Qualifying Race
17:40-18:05 - GT4 Cup - Race 2

Sunday 5th June

09:00-09:30 - FIA GT1 World Championship - Warm Up
10:00-10:40 - Lamborghini Blancpain Super Trofeo - Race 2
10:55-11:10 - Church Break
11:45-12:45 - FIA GT3 European Championship - Race 2
13:15-13:55 - Lamborghini Blancpain Super Trofeo - Race 3
14:45-15:45 - FIA GT1 World Championship - Championship Race
16:15-17:05 - GT4 Cup - Race 3

Coverage on TV can be found on both Bloomberg and ESPN. They are showing the following races this weekend.

ESPN: GT1 Qualifying Race (Live), Championship Race (Not live)
Bloomberg: GT3 Race 1 (Live), GT1 Qualifying Race (Live), GT3 Race 2 (Live) and GT1 Championship Race (Live)
MotorsTV: GT3 Race 1 (Live), GT3 Race 2 (Not live)

As per usual Dailymotion will be showing all of the races live this weekend including GT1's qualifying. So, Qualifying for GT3 starts very shortly, then at 11:30 GT1's will head out on track for their Qualifying session. 👍

EDIT: Qualifying Race about to start...

Last edited:
GT1 Quali race on now GT1world.com, ESPN HD and Bloomberg. No Ben Edwards commentary this week as he's doing BTCC :(. David Croft instead.

Nope, and sadly Watson is back. Prepare for countless phrases which don't actually make sense.

And a very big headache from his shouting. Let's see how the start is from the new pit complex and whether it's worth me sitting there tomorrow.

FFS the two drivers I support, DT and Westbrook spun around.👎

Sucks majorly. No idea who was to blame but either way hopefully they will be repaired by tomorrow. But looking at the damage on Darren's car I'm not sure.

I wonder if there can be one race this year without an incident, not impressed.

Doubt it for some reason, first corner mayhem seems to always take at least one car out.

In answer to the question of where to sit...judging by that performance I'd go to the Arena section.

I usually walk around anyway. I always make sure to watch the cars through Copse and Maggot/Becketts/Chapel.

Good race setting up here.

Same. And I'd agree, despite the contact at the beginning seems to be lining up into a decent battle.

Watson is slightly annoying me, it really appears he has no idea what he's on about. Not knowing the car/driver pairings is bad enough, mixed with his continous shouting.

Let's see if Fischer can do their first decent pit-stop of the year.

Thomas 'The Tank' Enge? Really John?

Last edited:
I usually call Enge the Monk as that's what I think he looks like. Ford + Lambo losing out on big points this weekend.

And John it's pronounced [Dimitri] En-jeam-bear.

Haha he does a bit :lol: Definitely a loss of points for Ford. That said they always knew it would be difficult at this track as it lacks the power to keep up with the more powerful cars like the Nissan.

If all the cars that were 'injured' today are repaired for tomorrow it should still be a superb race.

Richard Westbrook retweeted my tweet about the amount of incidents in GT1 this year. Trying him to get him to tweet me again like he did for the Brit GT so he knows who I am in the autograph session tomorrow.

Yeah saw that on Twitter, have you bought a pit pass then? Felt a bit ripped off with it, £10 for something they originally said was free! Can't even buy it at the circuit either. 👎 Still went for it though, thought it would be worth it at the end of the day.

Anyway, here are the results of the Qualifying Race.

1 - Tomas Enge/Alex Muller - Aston Martin DBR9 - 7
2 - Michael Krumm/Lucas Luhr - Nissan GT-R - 23
3 - Mike Hezemans/Andreas Zuber - Chevrolet Corvette C6.R - 11
4 - Warren Hughes/Enrique Bernoldi - Nissan GT-R - 20
5 - Stef Dusseldorp/Clivio Piccione - Aston Martin DBR9 - 3
6 - Nicky Pastorelli/Dominik Schwager - Lamborghini Murcielago 670 R-SV - 27
7 - Vanina Ickz/Christoffer Nygaard - Ford GT Matech - 9
8 - Antoine Leclerc/Markus Palttala - Ford GT Matech - 10
9 - Dimitri Enjalbert/Michael Rossi - Chevrolet Corvette C6.R - 47
10 - Christian Hohenadel/Andrea Piccini - Aston Martin DBR9 - 4
11 - Bas Leinders/Marc Hennerici - Ford GT Matech - 40 - DNF
12 - Frederic Makowiecki/Maxime Martin - Ford GT Matech - 41 - DNF
13 - Marc Basseng/Markus Winkelhock - Lamborghini Murcielago 670 R-SV - 38 - DNF
14 - Jamie Campbell-Walter/David Brabham - Nissan GT-R - 21 - DNF
15 - Stefan Mucke/Darren Turner - Aston Martin DBR9 - 8 - DNF
16 - Richard Westbrook/Peter Dumbreck - Nissan GT-R - 22 - DNF

Weather - Sunny
Track Conditions - Dry

No I haven't got a pit pass, I wasn't aware you needed one. Apart from F1 every other series you don't need any special sort of pass. :( Not pleased

Well, the pit pass is for the pitwalk, which I assume is when the autograph session is. But you'll still be able to access the rest of the paddock so you may have a chance to see the drivers...Hopefully for your sake.

Back