GT Sport and the Logitech G29

• Thread starter Kris Stoney
  • 232 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi guys, I am in need of some major help. I brought GT Sport a few weeks ago and have been loving it with the Thrustmaster T150 wheel I played it earlier in the week for 4-5 hours I could feel the wheel vibrating gentle all the time, feel the tires on the tarmac, the oversteer, the understeer. When I accidently hit a car up the rear I felt it through the wheel, could feel the chicanes. Then after 4 hours of GT Sport my Thrustmaster T150 died I smelt the back it smelt hot but basically it won't turn on anymore. So I got angry at Thrustmaster as this is the second wheel I've been through, so I wanted to get another wheel so for a day or two was thinking going more expensive mid range so either a T300 belt driven but it's a risk as heard of lots of reliability issues with motors burning out or the Logitech G29 gear driven, looks fantastic and they have some deals on. So in the end went for the G29 and bearing in mind my muscle memory from the T150 and the intense feelings I was getting plugged in the G29 feels fantastic looks the part, been on the forums adjusted all the settings for FFB to min mid and max, sensitivity tried all the ranges and when I hit a car up the rear get no FFB with all variety of settings occasionally when I hit the side of a car I get a rumble but it's hit and miss, you don't feel the track or weight of the cars near as much, it feels like I am driving GT Sport with a T80 without FFB at times. Now is this because I have gone for a helical gear wheel and I was spoilt with the belt and gear driven thrustmaster, as to me the G29 feels so disconnected it's pin point accurate feels amazing but it feels lifeless, as I said I tried all setting variations. Debating whether to send it back and get a T300 but then if that breaks as alot of wheels have with thrustmaster from experience and all over forums a £250-300 brick I will not be impressed with when it breaks, please help and advise. Seems so silly if I bump a car hard up the rear by accident i get no FFB, sometimes if I hit a car on the side , No road detail through wheel , even going up a high curb nothing? I want to like the G29 and I am on a budget but have I made the wrong choice or is it the game as it seemed more edge of your seat and feeling with my plastic T150 the FFB was so much better? Thanks guys

Hi guys, I am in need of some major help. I brought GT Sport a few weeks ago and have been loving it with the Thrustmaster T150 wheel I played it earlier in the week for 4-5 hours I could feel the wheel vibrating gentle all the time, feel the tires on the tarmac, the oversteer, the understeer. When I accidently hit a car up the rear I felt it through the wheel, could feel the chicanes. Then after 4 hours of GT Sport my Thrustmaster T150 died I smelt the back it smelt hot but basically it won't turn on anymore. So I got angry at Thrustmaster as this is the second wheel I've been through, so I wanted to get another wheel so for a day or two was thinking going more expensive mid range so either a T300 belt driven but it's a risk as heard of lots of reliability issues with motors burning out or the Logitech G29 gear driven, looks fantastic and they have some deals on. So in the end went for the G29 and bearing in mind my muscle memory from the T150 and the intense feelings I was getting plugged in the G29 feels fantastic looks the part, been on the forums adjusted all the settings for FFB to min mid and max, sensitivity tried all the ranges and when I hit a car up the rear get no FFB with all variety of settings occasionally when I hit the side of a car I get a rumble but it's hit and miss, you don't feel the track or weight of the cars near as much, it feels like I am driving GT Sport with a T80 without FFB at times. Now is this because I have gone for a helical gear wheel and I was spoilt with the belt and gear driven thrustmaster, as to me the G29 feels so disconnected it's pin point accurate feels amazing but it feels lifeless, as I said I tried all setting variations. Debating whether to send it back and get a T300 but then if that breaks as alot of wheels have with thrustmaster from experience and all over forums a £250-300 brick I will not be impressed with when it breaks, please help and advise. Seems so silly if I bump a car hard up the rear by accident i get no FFB, sometimes if I hit a car on the side , No road detail through wheel , even going up a high curb nothing? I want to like the G29 and I am on a budget but have I made the wrong choice or is it the game as it seemed more edge of your seat and feeling with my plastic T150 the FFB was so much better? Thanks guys
Avoid thrustmaster like your money depends on it. Terrible pedals from a company that can't be bothered to give customer service.

Go for the G29. It's a great wheel.

I've never had a thrustmaster so can't compare on how it feels, but I'm on a G29 now after having a DFGT to begin with and I've always been happy with the quality of the Logitech products for their value in general, not just their wheels. I've had the G29 over two years I think now, nothing wrong with it other than one of the screws inside the wheel hub tends to work itself loose, which has meant that I've had to go inside it to retighten it, but thats been about twice in the time I've owned it. Had the DFGT for at least 4 years before that (still do actually).

Ignore me as if like magic I started up GT Sport again selected a different car The Dodge Viper GT4, set Steering Sensitivity to 7 (max) FFB sensitivity 8 to feel environment a little and FFB Strength to 2 so it doesn't overrule the environment feedback and trashed it and the wheel came alive alot more , Still hit cars up the ass as a test and get no FFB what so ever, Only on the side if I hit them sometimes. I can now feel the curbs if I go up a chicane, Can feel resistance under load alot better, Still that deadzone when on a straight where the wheel doesn't respond until you turn to 20 degrees then the gears are churning a bit so overall I might keep the wheel now and not get a T300 which durability would be as good as what I have read with these.

I have had a similar experience comparing my G29 to my T300. I've used both wheels on the PS4 versions of Assetto corsa, dirt rally, and the GT sport beta and the T300 is far more detailed etc, on all of the titles I have used the wheels on. I don't know if its a limitation of the G29 or just the various developers focusing more on the T300, but the T300 always seems have lots more detail like you describe.

Avoid thrustmaster like your money depends on it. Terrible pedals from a company that can't be bothered to give customer service.

Go for the G29. It's a great wheel.

Thanks bud I got the G29 yesterday with pedals and shifter all for £219 and the build quality is beyond exceptional.

For my Xbox one I have a Thrustmaster T150 TMX with T3PA pedals for Forza 7 and Project Cars. No doubt the wheel will pack up before end of next year lol.

I've never had a thrustmaster so can't compare on how it feels, but I'm on a G29 now after having a DFGT to begin with and I've always been happy with the quality of the Logitech products for their value in general, not just their wheels. I've had the G29 over two years I think now, nothing wrong with it other than one of the screws inside the wheel hub tends to work itself loose, which has meant that I've had to go inside it to retighten it, but thats been about twice in the time I've owned it. Had the DFGT for at least 4 years before that (still do actually).
Thanks bud do you still ram a car up the ass by accident and you get no feedback I know we shouldn't be doing that in a sim but as you have a G29 in GT Sport is it the same for you? I get feedback from a nudge on side car sometimes.

Last edited:
Well I think part of the differences you feel in force feedback have to do with patch 1.03, if you only used your Trustmaster before the patch and the Logitech after the patch. Force feedback changed a lot after this patch, in my opinion a lot worse on the G29. I feel less feedback as well when hitting other cars, under braking and even when losing grip there's hardly any feedback now. I'm still trying to find the right settings but nothing is really great. Anything above 2 strength for example makes the wheel feel way to heavy, while 1 is already way too light. Doesn't feel like we have enough values to choose from. Before the patch it felt a lot better when I had it at 1 strength and 4 sensitivity. Unfortunately I can no longer find the right values to get that same feedback as before the patch.

Well I think part of the differences you feel in force feedback have to do with patch 1.03, if you only used your Trustmaster before the patch and the Logitech after the patch. Force feedback changed a lot after this patch, in my opinion a lot worse on the G29. I feel less feedback as well when hitting other cars, under braking and even when losing grip there's hardly any feedback now. I'm still trying to find the right settings but nothing is really great. Anything above 2 strength for example makes the wheel feel way to heavy, while 1 is already way too light. Doesn't feel like we have enough values to choose from. Before the patch it felt a lot better when I had it at 1 strength and 4 sensitivity. Unfortunately I can no longer find the right values to get that same feedback as before the patch.
Hi Fire
Thanks for your response I saw in patch notes they updated the increments in the huge range of 3 settings (sarcasm) we have to adjust FFB in the game.
If you have a G29 can you tell me if you ram another car up the rear do you get any FFB even with FFB Strength on 10/10 I ram at 130 mph and not one vibration from the wheel on rear of car in front get it on the side if I get the right angle ?
However the G29 has come alive a bit more tonight try running the Dodge Viper Gr4 on Dragon Trail with settings of Steering Sensitivity 7, FFB sensitivity 8 and FFB Strength 2 you get more environment feel and can feel understeer a tad and the g forces . But needs to be improved.

Makes me want to upgrade to a CSL since you can change the ffb and dampening on the fly independently from the game.

Thanks bud do you still ram a car up the ass by accident and you get no feedback I know we shouldn't be doing that in a sim but as you have a G29 in GT Sport is it the same for you? I get feedback from a nudge on side car sometimes.

I think its the same for me, only if the car is knocked from the side... the feeling from the kerbs and if the car gets sideways is not bad at all though.

I think its the same for me, only if the car is knocked from the side... the feeling from the kerbs and if the car gets sideways is not bad at all though.

I found the best setup is Steering Sensitivity 7 , FFB Max Torque 8, FFB Sensitivity 2 . Best until another few patches

Earlier this week I received my t300 GT and compared it to my g29 and the t300 is as expected way ahead in terms of feel and response due to its new tech. Sadly i was hit by the t30s lack of reliabilty after 45 minutes of playing.

While i was taking a corner i felt a hard hit through the wheel and the wheel shifted 120 degrees out of allignment . Restarted the ps4 to calibrate again but t would not finish its left full lock thus not being able to calibrate itself. I checked on TMs website to manually calibrate it and was able to set a center poin but after the first 5 meters of racing the wheel skipped 120 degrees once again.

I tried sending a mail to support but after 3 days i am still waiting for a response so I decided to return it to the store and just stick with a bit less feel of the g29.

One thing i know is that i wont ever buy a TM again.

Earlier this week I received my t300 GT and compared it to my g29 and the t300 is as expected way ahead in terms of feel and response due to its new tech. Sadly i was hit by the t30s lack of reliabilty after 45 minutes of playing.

While i was taking a corner i felt a hard hit through the wheel and the wheel shifted 120 degrees out of allignment . Restarted the ps4 to calibrate again but t would not finish its left full lock thus not being able to calibrate itself. I checked on TMs website to manually calibrate it and was able to set a center poin but after the first 5 meters of racing the wheel skipped 120 degrees once again.

I tried sending a mail to support but after 3 days i am still waiting for a response so I decided to return it to the store and just stick with a bit less feel of the g29.

One thing i know is that i wont ever buy a TM again.
Seems like a recurring thing. But still the vast majority still swear by the t300 as the standard. Happy with the reliability of the g29. It’s a shame Logitech pulled out the wheel market. It would force thrustmaster to better quality control. Fanatec is too much a niche player not being available in retail stores. Probably too small too force developers to properly support their wheel. It’s idiotic that an older wheel like the G29 is fully supported by GT sport and a technically superior wheel like CSL was “overlooked” by Sony/polyphony during release time.

The guarantee finished last week it works perfectly but don't want to be left with a £200 paper weight
If it’s still working? Why sell it? Your not upgrading if your going to buy a g29. I think most bad batches fail within the first year. So you probably have a good one!

Last edited by a moderator:
The biggest issue with the G29 in GTS for me is the pots in the pedals in a game that has no user adjustable pedal calibration. I just pulled mine apart to clean my accelerator pot as it wasn't reaching full throttle most of the time. I should have done them all but I was feeling lazy. Now I need to pull them apart again and clean the brake pot because it is slightly activating by itself. This isn't an issue in most other games but GTS doesn't have any pedal calibration and the game constantly self calibrates which means even if you hold a little brake when you start the wheel up to add deadzone the game soon eliminates that deadzone and you get false activation again.

Apparently the situation isn't much better with Thrustmaster pedals using the conical rubber mod since there is no brake curve adjustment and I've also seen Fanatec users complain about the lack of adjustment being an issue with their load cell pedals. So the choice to not include pedal calibration is clearly not user friendly and doesn't seem to work well no matter what hardware you use. My modded G29 brake pedal feels amazing in any other sim that allows me to adjust sensitivity and deadzones and the lack of adjustment is my biggest issue with GTS.

Dial sensitivity down and play with weight after that. My g29 feels awesome with sensitivity on 1 or 2, road felt even better tonight first drive after 1.03 patch

Dial sensitivity down and play with weight after that. My g29 feels awesome with sensitivity on 1 or 2, road felt even better tonight first drive after 1.03 patch
Previous to the patch I had strength set to 5 and sensitivity set on 2 then finally 1 but both felt good. After the update the FFB doesn't feel as nice as I remember and I'm still experimenting trying to find what I like. But something I noticed is slightly lower strength now seems to allow for a higher sensitivity setting with a similar feeling FFB even though the settings are completely different.

I use a g29 also but I've left my settings on default of sensitivity 5 torque 5. I like the stronger feel in the wheel when going thru turns. What bothers me is no feel in the wheel when hitting rumble strips. I can hear the car on them but no vibration in the wheel.
Same when running over expansion joints on the Tokyo expressway, I hear them but no vibration from the wheel.

Are some of you saying that a lower sensitivity setting setting gives more feel/vibration in the wheel when running over things on track.

Both settings are a compromise, you can read the description to find out what the compromise is in each case. It isn't a case of more is more, it's a case of more of X with less of Y or vice versa.

Had my T300RS for 3 years. Never Had a single problem. Been rock solid through heavy use both on PC and PS4.

Now to save for T-GT,

I use a g29 also but I've left my settings on default of sensitivity 5 torque 5. I like the stronger feel in the wheel when going thru turns. What bothers me is no feel in the wheel when hitting rumble strips. I can hear the car on them but no vibration in the wheel.
Same when running over expansion joints on the Tokyo expressway, I hear them but no vibration from the wheel.

Are some of you saying that a lower sensitivity setting setting gives more feel/vibration in the wheel when running over things on track.

Yes this is the best setup now since it's been patched message me back let me know if you feel the rumble strips after this as I wasn't originally.
Controller Sensitivity set to 7
FFB Torque (feel of road and detail) 8
FFB Sensitivity 2
Made me enjoy the wheel like I wanted to

This is exactly what I was trying to figure out, let me try and share my feedback!!

Feedback: not bad... Love these settings, fine tuned them and boom, changed my feelings!

Last edited:
This is exactly what I was trying to figure out, let me try and share my feedback!!

Feedback: not bad... Love these settings, fine tuned them and boom, changed my feelings!

That's good I was on the verge of selling my G29 and I only brought it 2 days ago. But tried the 7 8 2 and you can feel surface detail more which you lose if you have a high FFB sensitivity as it dominates

Why would controller sensitivity need to be set at 7? It has nothing to do with FFB and only applies to the DS4 controller.

Back