GT Sport and the Logitech G29

• Thread starter Kris Stoney
  • 232 comments
Yes this is the best setup now since it's been patched message me back let me know if you feel the rumble strips after this as I wasn't originally.
Controller Sensitivity set to 7
FFB Torque (feel of road and detail) 8
FFB Sensitivity 2
Made me enjoy the wheel like I wanted to
I'll give this a try this weekend. Thanks for the info. 👍

@Kris Stoney that fixed it. I could feel the rumble strips and slight bumps in the track after changing to your settings. Thanks for figuring out the correct settings.

I am really curious about the controller sensitivity setting, I will have to play around with that sometime to see what difference I can tell.

Tried the recommended settings here, seems to have improved for me. Not had it long so not sure if this new or not, but in some cars on some tracks (not all), the wheel loudly ‘clicks’ when turning on some corners. Feels and sounds almost like its skipping a gear. Is this normal??

Tried the recommended settings here, seems to have improved for me. Not had it long so not sure if this new or not, but in some cars on some tracks (not all), the wheel loudly ‘clicks’ when turning on some corners. Feels and sounds almost like its skipping a gear. Is this normal??

That’s the way the g29 does force effects.

Thanks, nothing to worry about then?
Are there any settings that deaden these ‘clunks/skips’ a bit? Worried they are doing damage..

No even though it doesn't seem it what you are feeling is normal it's the helical gearing system on the G29. If you had a Thrustmaster with mixed belt and gear or just belt that would eliminate the rough feelings of skipping but I brought the G29 on Tuesday and have grown to love it I couldn't go back to a Thrustmaster T150 now after it died on Tuesday and was my second replacement GT Sport simply killed it with all the understeer but they have patched the game now and compared to Thrustmaster a G29 are known for their much better build quality so I am alot more happier now some people running G27s after 10 years.

Reducing overal FFB helps

Maybe FFB Sensitivty 1. But I run the best settings for the G29 imo which is 7, 8, 2

Last edited by a moderator:
I looked at the Thrustmaster wheel settings out of curiosity (about HUD controls) and noticed they have buttons mapped to a horn by default. I'd noticed some buttons on my G29 were not mapped to anything (R3) so wanted to add a horn to warn those about to cut me off in races... but there is no horn option for the G29 on any button! :confused:

I looked at the Thrustmaster wheel settings out of curiosity (about HUD controls) and noticed they have buttons mapped to a horn by default. I'd noticed some buttons on my G29 were not mapped to anything (R3) so wanted to add a horn to warn those about to cut me off in races... but there is no horn option for the G29 on any button! :confused:

That's a shame I sure someone will find a way ?

I'm getting older so my memory is not the best but I thought I read there was no horn option in GTSport.
So I checked again, and the Thrustmaster wheels have 3 non-existent settings: Horn on R3, Nitro on R2, Windshield Wipers on L3.
When you open the menu to change the assignment, those options are not there... so it's obviously just a cosmetic bug.
If I had a TM, I'd test those buttons to see what the actual assignment is.

Can anyone explain what each of the 3 settings are actually meant to do, and what to expect if they were set at 1 or 10? Would be interesting to know to be able to set up properly?

So I checked again, and the Thrustmaster wheels have 3 non-existent settings: Horn on R3, Nitro on R2, Windshield Wipers on L3.
When you open the menu to change the assignment, those options are not there... so it's obviously just a cosmetic bug.
If I had a TM, I'd test those buttons to see what the actual assignment is.
How do you think the guys are getting the fastest times on the leaderboards?
/s

ask @beau231 one of the fastest on the planet. see his name in most aussie leaderboards
e37.png

Dont always blame the different steering wheels manufacturing companies for
the different force feedback problems, different games, different feel, sometimes incorrectly
setup by game players.
It also dependent on the time and development, gaming developers are here mostly at fault .
Strange how update patches can suddenly gives you a beter feel.
Some times we need to blame developers, my G29 feels different on all my racing games, GT
Sport , Asseto Corsa,Project cars 1&2 ,Dirt rally.
Just think of the current mess with the T300 wheels, GT Sport ,patch and there it goes.
I'm currently happy with the feel of my G29 on GT Sport and other racing titles.
Game developers just got to do there jobs right the first time, development take several months
or years for some ,then suddenly a patch is done in a day or weeks time to fix there
faults.
Seems they don't do alot of real game testing beforehand.
I'm still enjoy all racing titles with all of there short cummings.
Loving GT Sport with my G29.
Game developers Kaz keep on pushing.

Way how PD uses FFB to inform suspension bottoming a was bit weird at first, but now when understanding that, it makes sense and is somehow realistic.

i just bought a g29 and i have the same issue. there’s no vibration when being bumped by cars and crashing. no grass, sand and wet feeling too. counter steering force works fine though. maybe PD needs to update it’s profile for g29 and as well as logitech should provide a firmware update. i already had the wheel replaced and same issue maybe it’s not the hardware but something is broken on the simulator. they have optimized GT Sport for Thrustmasters so maybe Logitech development is not a priority for them. where do we report these bugs?

yes it’s normal my Driving Force GT does that too since they are using helical gears. my problem really is the vibrations. steering force feedback works fine but vibrations lack in some areas.

I’ve read references to setting up profiles for games by plugging in to a pc and altering with the logitech software. Apparently loads and loads of settings that can be adjusted there. Does this apply to ps4 do you know?

i just bought a g29 and i have the same issue. there’s no vibration when being bumped by cars and crashing. no grass, sand and wet feeling too. counter steering force works fine though. maybe PD needs to update it’s profile for g29 and as well as logitech should provide a firmware update. i already had the wheel replaced and same issue maybe it’s not the hardware but something is broken on the simulator. they have optimized GT Sport for Thrustmasters so maybe Logitech development is not a priority for them. where do we report these bugs?

I've a G29 and I got the vibrations on crash, grass and sand. I didn't change any setting in particular, beside the FFB settings. But i'd like to disable the clunky effects that occurates sometimes without reason on road and corners. You said it's normal but I just find it annoying. There's no such thing in Assetto Corsa or PC2.

Hi Guys!

This is my first message here.
For some time I have been following the forum and have always found valuable information from people willing to help. I thank everyone!

My problem, as with many here, was to regulate the rotation of the steering wheel. I discovered that using Logitech's LGS software you can not only regulate the rotation but also the G29's pedals !!!

Although the software allows several changes, the only one I did was to lower the rotation from 900 to 450 degrees. I did not touch the pedal settings.

So in that sense, I'd like to suggest to anyone who had the same problem as me with the G29 - regulating the steering wheel rotation - to try to make use of Logitech's LGS software.

The version I downloaded was LGS_8.96.81, which I think is the last one. Just google it !! I do not leave the link for fear of forwarding to a fake site ...

I hope it works for everyone as it worked for me!

PS: Forgive me for the poor English and the long message.

Hi guys. I've had my G29 for almost 2 years now. Last night I was bored so I decided to strip down the pedal set and remove the rubber insert that's included in the break pedal. All I can say is Wow! It makes a hell of a difference to the break pedal. I can now feather the break pedal more effectively.
I highly recommend removing that rubber insert. If you don't like the feel of the brakes after removing it, it's as simple to replace as it is to remove.

Back