GT Sport and VR

So I just bought PSVR yesterday and was absolutely BLOWN AWAY by it in GT Sport. Yes, I know PSVR is a little blurry, but that barely registers during gameplay. I know one can do better with a PC set up, but I have neither the funds for any worthwhile PC sets, nor the PC to run them and - of course - GT Sport is PS4. I still love it to pieces.

Now this might be a super dumb question but...

Can I play with both PSVR AND a G29 set up plugged in to the PS4 ? I was really itching to buy the G29 ( had a G27, Logitech scr***d us over, tis history now ) and re-set up everything on my stand. I can't think of a much more immersive bit of fun, than pummelling around the Nordschleife in PSVR and using the actual wheel and pedals again.

I have a good 4-way USB splitter, if that helps?

You see, I already have one PS4 Pro USB input taken up with an external hard drive storage unit and the other, of course, uses the PSVR. But will adding the wheel to another USB slot be OK, or might I freak my PS4 out with all this stuff I'm trying to cram into it ?

Thank You in advance :cheers:

P.S. - Somewhat related question: Is it correct that I can use my G27 Pedals and Shifter with the G29 still ? My pedals are modded and I didn't fancy having to open up the G29 ones and mess around, trying to mod them with the bits inside my G27 ones.

So I just bought PSVR yesterday and was absolutely BLOWN AWAY by it in GT Sport. Yes, I know PSVR is a little blurry, but that barely registers during gameplay. I know one can do better with a PC set up, but I have neither the funds for any worthwhile PC sets, nor the PC to run them and - of course - GT Sport is PS4. I still love it to pieces.

Can I play with both PSVR AND a G29 set up plugged in to the PS4 ? I was really itching to buy the G29 ( had a G27, Logitech scr***d us over, tis history now ) and re-set up everything on my stand. I can't think of a much more immersive bit of fun, than pummelling around the Nordschleife in PSVR and using the actual wheel and pedals again.

You see, I already have one PS4 Pro USB input taken up with an external hard drive storage unit and the other, of course, uses the PSVR. But will adding the wheel to another USB slot be OK, or might I freak my PS4 out with all this stuff I'm trying to cram into it ?

P.S. - Somewhat related question: Is it correct that I can use my G27 Pedals and Shifter with the G29 still ? My pedals are modded and I didn't fancy having to open up the G29 ones and mess around, trying to mod them with the bits inside my G27 ones.
Yes, you can use your G29 with PSVR. It’s the only way to play IMO.

Not sure about the shifter but you can definitely use G27 pedals with the G29—I’ve had to do this due to my G29 accelerator acting up.

That is fantastic news ! THANK YOU !!! Time to get a G29 then :D
Just a note, not sure if you know, the PS4 Pro has an extra USB port in the back.

I haven't had any problems using my wheel (t300 + shifter + handbrake, uses 2 usb ports) together with VR. It's a great experience!

Yep, you can use the G29 with PSVR, I'm like you : PS4 Pro, external HD (front), PSVR (back), and G29 (front). G27 shifter is said to be compatible but not its buttons.

On a Playseat it's crazy, you feel really IN the car holding it's true wheel !!

BradleyLove "Yes, you can use your G29 with PSVR. It’s the only way to play IMO.
Not sure about the shifter but you can definitely use G27 pedals with the G29—I’ve had to do this due to my G29 accelerator acting up."

PaMu1337 "Just a note, not sure if you know, the PS4 Pro has an extra USB port in the back.
I haven't had any problems using my wheel (t300 + shifter + handbrake, uses 2 usb ports) together with VR. It's a great experience!"

Tomiroquai "Yep, you can use the G29 with PSVR, I'm like you : PS4 Pro, external HD (front), PSVR (back), and G29 (front). G27 shifter is said to be compatible but not its buttons. (Absolutely spot on here, thank you !)
On a Playseat it's crazy, you feel really IN the car holding it's true wheel !! "

Well, I went ahead and got one :) I'd say (so far) it's absolutely the greatest VR experience I've ever had. Absolute joy to play in VR with a wheel. So glad I took the dive. Thanks everyone !

Hoping for Rain in VR

Just remember some time of day on certain tracks are not available. That may be due to light & shadows processing. Rain could be difficult for the PSVR (DriveClub VR hasn't neither).

I also wonder why the Tourist layout of the Nordshleife isn't available in VR...

So, no RBR Wet in VR...

PS_Messages_20190827_161336.jpg

Are there any good reason why VR mode time trial dosen't have leaderboards.

They could also add multiplayer in VR, even if it was only couple of players track day mode.

VR has a lot of potential in this game but for some reason they dont use it.

Are there any good reason why VR mode time trial dosen't have leaderboards.

They could also add multiplayer in VR, even if it was only couple of players track day mode.

VR has a lot of potential in this game but for some reason they dont use it.
PD is most likely reserving the feature for the upcoming GT7. By that time, it should be full-fledged already.

Just remember some time of day on certain tracks are not available. That may be due to light & shadows processing. Rain could be difficult for the PSVR (DriveClub VR hasn't neither).

I also wonder why the Tourist layout of the Nordshleife isn't available in VR...
Dirt Rally has rain in VR, even in the six car Rallycross.

Dirt Rally has rain in VR, even in the six car Rallycross.
I know, but they haven't the same graphics quality, Dirt Rally is really far away from GTS and DC. The car is cut in half in cockpit view, and those cockpits are really poorly detailed. So Polyphony would probably have to drastically lower the details that are already lowered in VR to make the rain work, and they are obviously not considering it, I mean they probably tried to make it work, and it may arrive in a future patch, but for now with Polyphony graphical standards I'm not surprised rain isn't available in VR.

I don't think that they need to lower quality if they add rain or other options mentioned before, there is a lot of examples in PSVR for that.
For some reason they don't give VR aspect any love, VR potential is huge in this game.

Simply thinks like leaderboads are missing, it's little sad in my opinion and Sony should push them little harder.
If they are waiting to add more VR content to GT7, we are talking about PS5 and maybe 2-3 years to GT7 release.

Back