GT Sport big disappointment

• Thread starter Brriskk
  • 227 comments
as much as in think i no need many cars and tracks, now after couple days of playing it i kinda miss GT6 cars . premium cars only but still there was more premium only cars then here. still im believer in that more content will be added with time. GT6 had like 22 updates or something. and some of them were huge ones and changed stuff in game . so i think similar stuff will happen here . but yeah more content well at least more road cars needed. at least 3,4 different models from maker and not mustang and 3 versions of mustang only from ford as it was said before.
there was allways GT vs Forza about cars and tracks and events. GT5,6 allready sucked at events , not even close how many events Forza4 had.
so there was Gt vs Forza. now its GT vs PC2 vs Assetto . and Forza is alone in its own league that GT left .

I agree. I dont care much about the number of cars etc. But the lack of content! A few days and I'm through the single player part. Now I´m just playing the same three tracks in Sport, let me rephrase; I´m not anymore. And please don´t say we still have Scapes and the Lobby, that's not proper gameplay. I feel like when my GF wont have sex with me, sexually frustrated. Like PD is denying me a Saturdays worth of fun gaming. I really, really want to play GTS because I love the franchise and I love the racing. But there is no content to play. Polyphony, WHAT THE ****?

Lurker since GT4, just had to let some frustration out.

Scapes is a beutiful genius part of the game and it does coincide with the game. As long as people love racing, people will also enjoy the beauty of the cars they race. Just because you don't care for the beauty in scapes does not mean we can discredit it is as part of proper gameplay.

Why do you think lobby is not proper gameplay?

Last edited:
Scapes is a beutiful genius part of the game and it does coincide with the game. As long as people love racing, people will also enjoy the beauty of the cars they race. just because you don't care for the beauty in scapes does not mean we can discredit is as part proper gameplay.

Scapes is a nice feature, but it doesent weigh in as a substitute for the lack of racing content. Not trying to discredit Scapes, but id easily trade Scapes for triple the amount of single player gameplay and daily, daily races (like new races each day). But more importantly, I wouldnt want to trade, i want to have it all.

That's why on PC simracing scene so many people hate iRacing. Because their league dissapeared and public lobby getting empty. everyone who are serious about racing, will go to iRacing or organized public league using rf2/ac/am/pc

GT Sport is iRacing equivalent in console world. I think they should have less car but more tracks and organized league. The direction is good.

Scapes is a nice feature, but it doesent weigh in as a substitute for the lack of racing content. Not trying to discredit Scapes, but id easily trade Scapes for triple the amount of single player gameplay and daily, daily races (like new races each day). But more importantly, I wouldnt want to trade, i want to have it all.

I see. but do you understand that there are mixed feelings about this:

Some people that claim to be long time gt fans are upset because this game evolved away from the past (not having many cars and tracks).

While other fans are very satisfied with the evolution of GT sport.

I don't think having a million (sarcasm) tracks and cars is the model of Gran Turismo. To me, Gran Turismo is about worldwide entertainment providing driving realism to gamers across the globe. As a fan, I realize that the step that Gran Turismo Sport is taking is enhancing that experience for us. "things evolve"

That's why on PC simracing scene so many people hate iRacing. Because their league dissapeared and public lobby getting empty. everyone who are serious about racing, will go to iRacing or organized public league using rf2/ac/am/pc

GT Sport is iRacing equivalent in console world. I think they should have less car but more tracks and organized league. The direction is good.

I don't think having more would be bad, but I think many cars would make BOP (Balance of Performance) more difficult to maintain.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think having more would be bad, but I think many cars would make BOP (Balance of Performance) more difficult to maintain.
This defies logic. If you can do it for 4 or 5 cars, doing it for another 4 or 5 should actually be easier given the massive database they now have to work with. BoP will get easier over time not more difficult. If they are truly trying to make this game for the masses and give it some long term playbility I'd expect ongoing BoP updates starting soon.

I don't think having a million (sarcasm) tracks and cars is the model of Gran Turismo. To me, Gran Turismo is about worldwide entertainment providing driving realism to gamers across the globe. As a fan, I realize that the step that Gran Turismo Sport is taking is enhancing that experience for us. "things evolve"

I agree, number of cars is NOT the problem. They could add a billion cars, it still wouldnt be good. Im calling for more events, more championship events and more online content. I love the concept of Sport mode, but its ridiculous that we only can play the same 3 tracks since the release.

Its just changed thats all. Things change. Now its an online racer like iracer except it wont cost an arm and leg like iracer does. I am very happy with the shift to online racing .... there are other games that excel at career modes ( F1 17 ) or loads of cars ( Forza ) or dynamic weather and great ffb ( pcars 2 ) and all of those are great .... but for online racing I think this is the one for me.

Its just changed thats all. Things change. Now its an online racer like iracer except it wont cost an arm and leg like iracer does. I am very happy with the shift to online racing .... there are other games that excel at career modes ( F1 17 ) or loads of cars ( Forza ) or dynamic weather and great ffb ( pcars 2 ) and all of those are great .... but for online racing I think this is the one for me.
I am confident there will be more content with time.

To me, Gran Turismo is about worldwide entertainment providing driving realism to gamers across the globe. As a fan, I realize that the step that Gran Turismo Sport is taking is enhancing that experience for us. "things evolve"

I’m an online gamer through and through. GTS and its new direction is perfect for me, yes “things evolve” and on the face of it GTS was built for me, I love the new scapes and livery editor, love the way it looks, so why am I not singing and dancing like some others? (I’ve been mulling this over since launch day, I can get over having fewer cars) this is where GTS is for me...

Gran Tursimo Sport
“The not as real driving simulator as I used to be ... with only 6 real world tracks”

This isn’t evolution this is GTSport not ready.​

Last edited:
I’m an online gamer through and through. GTS and its new direction is perfect for me, yes “things evolve” and on the face of it GTS was built for me, I love the new scapes and livery editor, love the way it looks, so why am I not singing and dancing like some others? (I’ve been mulling this over since launch day, I can get over having fewer cars) this is where GTS is for me...

Gran Tursimo Sport
“The not as real driving simulator as I used to be ... with only 6 real world tracks”

This isn’t evolution this is I’m not ready.​

lol. We said the same thing when we got this unworldly thing call the "Internet". I know the feeling, its something we know and loved seems to be fading into something we are not ready for.

you miss the tracks, I can understand that.

I think one of the biggest problems in online racing with consoles today is ranked matchmaking. Beginner players always find themselves matched against seasoned pro drivers, making it difficult to compete and vice-versa. While safe drivers have to constantly receive punishment from reckless drivers. Many online race games on console haven't found the solution to this problem that we may now have the answer.

I personally wouldn't go so far as to say I'm disappointed with GTS. But that said, after two or three days of playing it, I'm on the fence about it. And, if I'm feeling kinda luke-warm about a GT game mere days after it launched, it means it must be doing something really really wrong.
I can (and do) still play GT1 and GT3, there's so much to do with them. With GTS, if you don't like or don't want to race some young kids online, then there's very very little to do in this game.

that feeling when you won you SLS AMG and you test drive it on Dragon Trail in morning... omg this car feels amazing. i thought i wont be able to control it with TC off. but omg , just OMG . and how its sounds. yes its not browls like in assetto but it sounds amazing still. very manly so deep low sound .
you loose all dissapointment when you try this car. its just so good

Although I was disappointed at first and mad at Kaz and the GT series.... Its grown on me some... Its not as bad as I initially rated..

1) The career mode was missing... but the single races it has is almost like career mode. So I have been playing that. I hope they keep adding to this.which will make up for the loss of career mode.
2) The pay for online is optional. where proper racing is done. But I think there is another online mode (Lobby) where you do not have to subscribe for (I think) where you can do your Dirty NASCAR style make your own rules type online racing? Am I correct?

3) I was so annoyed at the left/right button for steering and I couldn't figure out how to change this at first... then I went back to my steering with joystick option (similar to GT6) and was happy and then I just tried the steering by motion.. WOW! I love its.. Its like I have a steering wheel .. HA HA .. this is so much better... This is a winner.

Last edited:
I got tired of reliability issues with plastic wheels made in China. When my G27 died a few months ago I stepped up to an OSW direct drive system. Expensive but I’ll never have to replace it. Looking at getting a GIMX adapter so I can use it with my PS4.
Nice !
When my new wheel dies I will be doing the same. There is nothing worse than unreliable gear.

This defies logic. If you can do it for 4 or 5 cars, doing it for another 4 or 5 should actually be easier given the massive database they now have to work with. BoP will get easier over time not more difficult. If they are truly trying to make this game for the masses and give it some long term playbility I'd expect ongoing BoP updates starting soon.

Wouldn't say it defies logic.

Even if it does get easier to do the BoP on new cars, it's still more work than before.

Back