GT Sport Bug Report Thread

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,299 comments
It appears PD created more issues than they solved with 1.16.
Fanatec starts vibrating in the middle of a race and only way to get it to stop is restart game and wheel.
Sometimes when turning game on I get a black screen with a loading circle but game wont load, have to restart.
Great job!!!!

Sometimes when turning game on I get a black screen with a loading circle but game wont load, have to restart.
Great job!!!!

I get that too, also sometimes when I'm trying to change cars, or do other things. This is why I wince when I hear an update is coming in.

Apologies if these bugs have already been raised:
  1. When selecting a special paint colour with flakes in the livery editor the flakes appear brighter depending upon the direction you come from when selecting it. Select it coming from the left and the flakes are very bright, select it coming the right and the flakes aren't as bright.
    (Present from, at least, 1.14)

2. In the Car Setup page the current applied sheet loses its name and defaults to "Unnamed Sheet".
    (introduced from 1.16)

I am not sure what PD actually"fixed" in the 1.16 update but this morning I can no longer play. Yesterday I had game loading issues where the game would freeze up but I was able to restart and play. Today the game loads then at the menu screen the selection arrow freezes on screen and I cant do anything. Is there a way to go back to 1.15, that worked better for me, I can play without sound, I cant play when the game keeps locking up.:mad::mad::mad:

No other cars besides the leader passed the car that "finished" 2nd (I will call him "clever") on the last lap. The events transpired on lap 15 of a 16 lap race. Leader was over half lap ahead of us. There was "Clever" in 2nd and me in pursuit running 3rd, about 5 seconds behind at this time. "Clever" spins 1/2 way thru lap 15 at which time I pass. I notice I am pulling away, gap is increasing. Leader board clearly states that I am 2nd. Leader and myself start the last lap, leader board still displays me in 2nd. Going thru the final corner of the lap 16 I notice that the leader board now displays me in 3rd, I cross the S/F line that way. I saved the replay. When I watched it, I saw "Clever" slow way down before S/F line at which time the race leader passes him. "Clever" then accelerates and finishes his race with no other cars passing him. I had no cars pass me in my last lap while running 2nd, in fact there were not even cars within 20 seconds of me, yet somehow "Clever" manages to magically overtake me invisibly to reclaim 2nd.
At least, it is not spread, if it is a cheat. If you wanna test it in a lobby, let me know, we can try to reproduce it.

At least, it is not spread, if it is a cheat. If you wanna test it in a lobby, let me know, we can try to reproduce it.
Thank you for the offer. I think I saved the replay to illustrate what actually happened in the race.

That same day at Blue Moon I noticed on every lap from just before last corner to SF line I would go from P4 to P5, then just after SF line I would go back to P4 with no other cars nearby.

Then last night at Willow on the start all the cars started moving then stopped. Then timer clicked to 0 and everyone started racing. Going into 1st corner I passed 2 cars, there was nobody in front, it appeared I was in the lead but the leader board showed me 5th, a couple laps into the race cars started showing up in front of me, that was really strange.

I am not sure what PD actually"fixed" in the 1.16 update but this morning I can no longer play. Yesterday I had game loading issues where the game would freeze up but I was able to restart and play. Today the game loads then at the menu screen the selection arrow freezes on screen and I cant do anything. Is there a way to go back to 1.15, that worked better for me, I can play without sound, I cant play when the game keeps locking up.:mad::mad::mad:
You need to have the latest version to play online.
I'm yet to look at update files to see if the game can be updated to a specific version as you could with GT6, although I have a slim which
I might use to test that with.

Try running Safemode Option 5, Rebuild Database.
It may help with the game freezes.
https://www.playstation.com/en-au/g...-system-stability/safe-mode-on-playstation-4/

That was supposed to be fixed in 1.16. Unless you want to wait for 1.17, which I believe is being released on the 9th of this month, to see if it fixes it then unfortunately I don't think there is anything you can do apart from deleting your game folder and reinstalling. I've had this happen to me twice; once with 1.14 and 1.15. However, while this "fixes" the problem deleting your game folder will also delete any saved replays you haven't uploaded and also photos that you haven't exported to USB (or uploaded). PD, in their infinite wisdom, decided to store replays and photos with the game data, rather than with the save data. General settings, car setups and liveries that you haven't yet uploaded all survive.

If you do decide to delete your game folder note that, initially, after you've reinstalled GTS the thumbnail images of the cars in your garage may not appear straight away, but they will eventually be automatically generated again.

Which has just reminded me of a bug I don't think I've seen mentioned...

After reinstallating GTS, if you go to open an existing design in the livery editor, the thumbnails for the liveries are gone, they appear to be another victim of PD randomly storing things with the game data. Unlike the thumbnails for the cars in your garage these unfortunately do not automatically regenerate, but there is a, somewhat tedious, fix; To regenerate the thumbnail you have to open every livery and re-save it.

https://www.playstation.com/en-au/g...-system-stability/safe-mode-on-playstation-4/
I don't think this will fix the problem. It is apparently a problem with GTS checking the data on the server (communication error?) and nothing to do with any files on the console. Rebuilding the database won't do anything.

Can't adjust the onboard camera in the Alfa Romeo Road Car. The driver looks right through the steering wheel. :/
gran_turismosport_20180406231640_by_unitoone-dc82wg1.jpg

I don't think this will fix the problem. It is apparently a problem with GTS checking the data on the server (communication error?) and nothing to do with any files on the console. Rebuilding the database won't do anything.
"Today the game loads then at the menu screen the selection arrow freezes on screen and I cant do anything."

"This option is useful for cleaning up the data on your PS4 as it reorganises everything on the hard drive. Select this option if you are experiencing issues such as game freezes or frame rate drops."

You may be right.
But for the sake of a 5 minute function it's worth trying before re-downloading 80GB.

"This option is useful for cleaning up the data on your PS4 as it reorganises everything on the hard drive. Select this option if you are experiencing issues such as game freezes or frame rate drops."

You may be right.
But for the sake of a 5 minute function it's worth trying before re-downloading 80GB.
I'm well aware of what it does, but PD have already stated in one of their update notices that they know about the issue, that its a communication problem with the server, and have fixed it (although obviously they haven't fixed it for everybody). Considering it has happened to me twice, both times losing photos and replays, wanna take a guess why I don't think rebuilding the database will help?

Not quite sure where you get 80gb download from. If you have the disc it will be a 24gb download (for all patches). If it was a digital download it will be a 67gb download (43gb for the game and 24gb for all patches). Yes, yes, the game folder shows 81gb (give or take a few gb), but compression is not just something to do with a shock absorber.

But lets not trouble anyone with facts......

Last edited:
You need to have the latest version to play online.
I'm yet to look at update files to see if the game can be updated to a specific version as you could with GT6, although I have a slim which
I might use to test that with.

That was supposed to be fixed in 1.16. Unless you want to wait for 1.17, which I believe is being released on the 9th of this month, to see if it fixes it then unfortunately I don't think there is anything you can do apart from deleting your game folder and reinstalling. I've had this happen to me twice; once with 1.14 and 1.15. However, while this "fixes" the problem deleting your game folder will also delete any saved replays you haven't uploaded and also photos that you haven't exported to USB (or uploaded). PD, in their infinite wisdom, decided to store replays and photos with the game data, rather than with the save data. General settings, car setups and liveries that you haven't yet uploaded all survive.

If you do decide to delete your game folder note that, initially, after you've reinstalled GTS the thumbnail images of the cars in your garage may not appear straight away, but they will eventually be automatically generated again.

Which has just reminded me of a bug I don't think I've seen mentioned...

After reinstallating GTS, if you go to open an existing design in the livery editor, the thumbnails for the liveries are gone, they appear to be another victim of PD randomly storing things with the game data. Unlike the thumbnails for the cars in your garage these unfortunately do not automatically regenerate, but there is a, somewhat tedious, fix; To regenerate the thumbnail you have to open every livery and re-save it.

Thank you both for the help. I restarted the game a couple times then accidentally ejected the disk, after reinstalling the disk it worked fine the rest of the day. I must have accidentally fixed it by being a moron. :boggled::boggled::D:D

There may be another potential bug unless it is only affecting me. During some sport mode races i dont have a brake bias adjustment screen that I can toggle to while racing. I have TCS, Map, Radar, Sector Times, and Fuel Map for races requiring pit stops but no brake balance intermittently.

Just noticed this since the last update, Anyone else with the issue ?? Or know of a fix ?
Changing into the cars they are correct, But the pictures in the garage do not reset to the correct cars :confused:

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180408052854.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180408053759.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180408053817.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180408053834.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180408053854.jpg

Don’t know if it was a bug or some sort of cheat but yesterday in gr3 daily race car on about fourth or fifth on grid never moved at start and was there all race, on final bend one of cars spun out , I finished third but was awarded fourth with no penalties , but car stuck on grid awarded win

Thank you both for the help. I restarted the game a couple times then accidentally ejected the disk, after reinstalling the disk it worked fine the rest of the day. I must have accidentally fixed it by being a moron. :boggled::boggled::D:D
Interesting.
I'll keep that in mind.
Thanks for taking the time to post what hopefully has helped with your issue.
Accidental or not, it may just help others. 👍

Just noticed this since the last update, Anyone else with the issue ?? Or know of a fix ?
Changing into the cars they are correct, But the pictures in the garage do not reset to the correct cars :confused:

View attachment 728426 View attachment 728427 View attachment 728428 View attachment 728429 View attachment 728430
I haven't come across this issue.
But have you tried starting the game, deleting the temporary data in Global Options > Network, then accessing the garage, and then just leaving it for 5 minutes while all the thumbnails load?

I have a bug to report , here it's the right place to do it, or there's some link to GT Sport Poliphony ?

Anyway, I noticed one small problem with the "Force feedback Max Torque" at the Driving options setting , small but annoying !

I want to set it at 2 and I must set that at 2 at the beginning of every race !
Every time when I am in the pre-race menu, I go to settings and that Force feedback Max Torque is back at 4, don't know how or why !!!
I set it at 2 , but at the next race it's 4 again !!!

Don't know if it's important, but I use a Logitech G29 wheel !
PS: it happen same when I use the Dualshock 4 controler.

Last edited:
vcx
No, the problem is at the main menu some words must be written in Turkish but unfortunately still they are in English.

Example: “Brand Central” must be “Marka Merkezi”/QUOTE]

My German game also has it named "Brand Central", it's just the general name it got from PD

I have a bug to report , here it's the right place to do it, or there's some link to GT Sport Poliphony ?

Anyway, I noticed one small problem with the "Force feedback Max Torque" at the Driving options setting , small but annoying !

I want to set it at 2 and I must set that at 2 at the beginning of every race !
Every time when I am in the pre-race menu, I go to settings and that Force feedback Max Torque is back at 4, don't know how or why !!!
I set it at 2 , but at the next race it's 4 again !!!

Don't know if it's important, but I use a Logitech G29 wheel !
PS: it happen same when I use the Dualshock 4 controler.

This was already reported in the GT Sport official PS forums and this issue will be fixed in the April 9th update. They were able to get this one fixed quick it luckily.

This particular forum actually can get responses from PD devs and is where I first posted this issue: http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/GT-Sport/bd-p/65

This was already reported in the GT Sport official PS forums and this issue will be fixed in the April 9th update. They were able to get this one fixed quick it luckily.

This particular forum actually can get responses from PD devs and is where I first posted this issue: http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/GT-Sport/bd-p/65

But not only that one also “Scapes” must be “Manzaralar”.

Even in pitstops the tire marks different. For example main menu you choose yaris sert (english: racing hard) and also on the dashboard screen shows turkish letters YS but in pit shows english RH

Anyway this is not a big issue but this is a bug just wanted to tell for PD workers thanks for your reply

Just updated to 1.17 and have noticed that the cars from 1.15 in brand central, which I have bought now show up as new items and do not have a blue dot to say they are in my garage. Anyone else got the same issue.

Edit
Just solved it, select the car in question as if you are going to buy it, but don’t click on purchase , exit back to view all cars for that manufacturer and bobs your uncle

Last edited:
Just updated to 1.17 and have noticed that the cars from 1.15 in brand central, which I have bought now show up as new items and do not have a blue dot to say they are in my garage. Anyone else got the same issue.

Edit
Just solved it, select the car in question as if you are going to buy it, but don’t click on purchase , exit back to view all cars for that manufacturer and bobs your uncle

Omg. Thank u. I spend around 4 millions credit last saturday. Including the ford gt.

Thought for my self when my cars was gone I was gonna quit this game. Haha

Back