GT Sport Bug Report Thread

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,299 comments
Im quite sure he's talking about the Canadian that went up the middle for the win . He was showing a penalty, yet it didn't post to the end result..... boo hiss on him. The unintended consequences of this new adjustment will be drivers like this doing things like that.

Im quite sure he's talking about the Canadian that went up the middle for the win . He was showing a penalty, yet it didn't post to the end result..... boo hiss on him. The unintended consequences of this new adjustment will be drivers like this doing things like that.

I know he’s talking about the Canadian driver. It’s not a bug though. It’s an unfortunate consequence of having penalties being given by every driver’s game and not by the server.

Now that penalties aren’t as harsh as before, a slight miscommunication between two “clients” might worsen the “my game says he had a penalty but not his” issue.

Before we got the penalty warning banner, we weren’t aware of this issue as we would only know if a driver got a penalty if he/she slowed down or at the end of the race.

The server would still have to run the checks on it regardless.

It does but if the other driver’s game doesn’t report a penalty then your penalty warning will be dismissed to avoid inflicting a post-race penalty to the driver who never got a warning in the first place.

Lesser of two evils.

So, then, what I posted, is a bug... which is why I posted it.

It’s not a bug. It’s an unfortunate consequence of game design choices.

Either they piss off the guy who thought the other driver had a penalty or they piss off the guy who never got a penalty warning during the race and suddenly gets one at the finish line. Choice is pretty clear.

Until everyone gets internet running at the speed of light, this will probably happen as you get the server + 20 clients in constant communication in a game with cars moving at high speed and a real-time AI programmed to give penalties on the fly.

Last edited:
Hello.
I think my game is very broken somehow. I bought it from the PSStore.
If i wont skip the beginning cutscene in time my game wont load the main menu.
I rarely get any daily mileage gift cars. Sometimes, when im playing campaign and i try to go back to the main menu my game will stay stuck in the campaign menu. Also sometimes Mileage points store wont load.
But the worst thing is sport mode. When doing free training or qualification and i mess up and i want to try again (Option button - Try again) my screen will stay black and nothing happens.
When i get trough the qualification phase my game will rarely connect me to any race. It stays searching for a game forever. In every one of these bugs i have to restart the whole game and my qualification time is lost.
I love this game and this really bothers me. It might be my internet connection but every other online game (COD, BF1, RB6 Siege) is working just fine.
Thank you for any advice and help.

Hello.
I think my game is very broken somehow. I bought it from the PSStore.
If i wont skip the beginning cutscene in time my game wont load the main menu.
I rarely get any daily mileage gift cars. Sometimes, when im playing campaign and i try to go back to the main menu my game will stay stuck in the campaign menu. Also sometimes Mileage points store wont load.
But the worst thing is sport mode. When doing free training or qualification and i mess up and i want to try again (Option button - Try again) my screen will stay black and nothing happens.
When i get trough the qualification phase my game will rarely connect me to any race. It stays searching for a game forever. In every one of these bugs i have to restart the whole game and my qualification time is lost.
I love this game and this really bothers me. It might be my internet connection but every other online game (COD, BF1, RB6 Siege) is working just fine.
Thank you for any advice and help.
That sounds a lot like you're having trouble connecting to the GT Sport servers(other games do not matter here). So... get a better connection if possible?

A design flaw is still a bug. :sly:

Semantics aside, this could certainly be fixed by synchronizing the penalty status between the server and clients.

The best option would be to remove that annoying penalty warning. If they were to synchronize penalties between the server and clients and penalties were still given “locally”, they’d still face the same issue. They could issue penalties from the host but then lag will mess with the system. I’m a steward in our league and get to see incidents from both points of view. You clearly see contact in one and often see a “lag bubble” on the other.

Synchronized penalties would mean that the Canadian guy would still not have a penalty in that specific case.

We’re going off topic now. It’s all been discussed at length in other threads on the penalty system for months.

Whole day ...couldnt take part in a single race ....get disconnected every time as race is about to start.
Been trying to enter a race since 13:00 until now 22:46.
Really regret having sold my ps3

I keep getting stuck at the "preparing to match. Please wait." screen.
Getting error code NE-2100025A

That's every race I have tried to enter.
4 pound hammer through ps4 and buying a ps3 again fixes all these bugs.

Attachments

• 20180714_183516.jpg
    20180714_183516.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 24
Last edited by a moderator:
Whole day ...couldnt take part in a single race ....get disconnected every time as race is about to start.
Been trying to enter a race since 13:00 until now 22:46.
Really regret having sold my ps3
I can't even get that far. I got disconnected from PSN an hour ago. I've tried resetting the router and PS4 but it seems to have made the problem worse as now I can't even get to the sign-in screen whereas I could before. I'm really worried that I'm going to completely miss out on today's FIA races.

I can't even get that far. I got disconnected from PSN an hour ago. I've tried resetting the router and PS4 but it seems to have made the problem worse as now I can't even get to the sign-in screen whereas I could before. I'm really worried that I'm going to completely miss out on today's FIA races.
My points in the manufactures cup is zero because of this very issue ....
I enter the race and as the race is about to start I get disconnected.....and the system registers that I raced and exited when I got disconnected. Didn't even attempt to enter tonight's race.
Really disappointed with this game.

Has anyone come across this before, happened in the FIA Nations Cup last night, probably due to someone leaving the room

Time stamps in the description

Attachments

• Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180715004748.jpg
    Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180715004748.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 31
Game crashed right as the game began matchmaking for Daily Race B. It was identical to a game crash I saw on a Tidgney livestream, except I had already claimed my daily workout car earlier in the day so I have no idea what the cause may be. I was on track and had set a new PB in that session.

Couldn't turn on race info display at all when watching a replay, the settings had no effect whatsoever.

I noticed this glitch. If you drive really fast, about 250 kmh (about 150 mpg), sometimes there's a shadow coming out of the rear of the car. It's not an annoying glitch, as it's behind the car, but it's still weird.

Annoying bug where my penalty kept increasing in sport mode leading to a disqualification
Hopefully I didn't lose any of mry sr or Dr points

That's not a bug, it's part of the penalty systems design. I think it's once you get past 10 seconds(???) it keeps going up forcing you to slow down and serve it.

Recently I started to have only 50% of the accelerator, in the game or online, and only happens in GTSport.
Does anyone know how to solve it? Thank you

I do not know if it's a bug or where the problem is. I usually drive cockpit but sometimes i have slowdowns and lags. only in this view when i change the view all is fine. i have a ps4 pro and play in 4k.

Back