"GT Sport: Driving is for everyone" How old are you?

• Thread starter kalakanto
  • 363 comments

How old are you?

• 16-20

• 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 50-

Results are only viewable after voting.
55 - racing better than ever! (Which still isn’t awesome, btw :lol:)

Like others of my generation started in the 1970’s on some pretty humble equipment.

I find much of the complaints about the quality of racing sims laughable. Owning PCars, AC and GT Sport - all of them are pretty darn good!

You are absolutely correct about others complaints on quality. Seeing first hand the quality in the beginning days to where it has evolved now is impressive. Definitely no complaining here.

Turning 30 next month. Knowing there's a lot of seniors out here, it kinda feels weird to say that there's a chance I get smoked by a +50 year old on the other end by +1s a lap :eek:

I feel your pain. I'm 66 and it feels weird when i get smoked by a 70+ year old by a sec+ per lap. :nervous:

17, but I have all of the negative qualities found in people who are elder and none of the redeeming ones.
Similarly, I have all of the annoying qualities you'll find in a 17-year old and none of the energetic ones.

Hmm... You remind me of.... me.
66, and have retained all of the annoying qualities you'll find in a 17-year old and acquired none of the redeeming ones in others my age.
:lol:

Last edited:
PSN name is WheelerTurner.
Live in Summerland, Calif. near Santa Barbara.
Completed my 72nd "lap" around the Sun in May 2018.
Have not raced with them in a while, but am an original Geezer Club member.

Started with Atari 2600 and Intellivision and still have all my old games from that era.
Also. being a real "packrat", I have all working PS1 thru PS4's and all Gran Turismo games along with many other racing games.
Luckily, I still have working steering wheels for all the Playstations too.

Best of all, I have a very understanding wife to put up with my racing obsessions.

I am 38. Playing racing games since the early 90s (DOS, Accolade's GP-Circuit, anyone) and continued to do so since then. I once had a wheel attached to a PC and even drove in a Papyrus Nascar-Racing-League but one day our house burned down and I never bought a new one. Now I own a PC which is used for work-stuff exclusively and a PS4 (wife sent me to buy a new coffee machine; bought the coffee maker and brought the console along -- I was happy, she was concerned about my age). Now I'm just racing for recreation (though sometimes it makes my blood-pressure explode due to 'incidents' :mad:). I think that I'm not as quick as I once was. But it's still fun.

Last edited:
I am 60. Started playing online when GT5 was introduced. I have been tracking Corvettes at Road Atlanta and VIR for the last 10 years. The last 3 years I have been involved with Champcar Endurance racing (formerly Chumpcar). As someone prior mentioned, its a lot easier on the wallet, but doesn't replace real Wheel to Wheel action on the track.

That's an astonishing distribution, the SD is much smaller than i thought it would be.

Surprised there's so little young folks and there's an anomaly in the 46-50 groups.

I sort of feel like GT Sport does tend to attract an older audience given this is the old running franchise of this type.

VXR
33, and have been playing racing games since Outrun Europa and Lotus Challenge on Amiga.

I'm 39 and last played Outrun Europa about 6 months ago (via C64 emulation). I loved that game.

Last edited:
Some good friends in this group
I hope to be playing for a long time, in fact I just found my PS1 and hooked it up along with the , PS2,PS3, and , PS4(pro)!!
So I started playing the entire franchise over again. What a challenge...

Surprised there's so little young folks and there's an anomaly in the 46-50 groups.

I sort of feel like GT Sport does tend to attract an older audience given this is the old running franchise of this type.

Don't forget this pole is not relative to GT Sport's player base but GTPlanet's members who play GT Sport.

Most young people who play GTSport a) don't care about GTPlanet b) don't know about GTPlanet or c) don't speak English.

I imagine most GTS players are between 25 and 40 years old.

I am 29, and if I inverse those numbers, I get the year I was born in. Pretty fun fact :) .
I'm a newbie here, but I've been playing GT for a while. I know GT Sport can get boring at times, but I'm a fan, and I ain't leaving the boat. Patience is key to everything. Cheers to all and stay safe.:cheers:

I was always into flying games and now I want to switch to racing I found gt sports on-line and it looks like it is a great game and i did buy the gt sports game I have been playing it offline and i'm really hooked.I play this game on a ps4 and right now i'm just learning but i really love it.the only car game i had before was nascar I guess when i get through this cd i have to get ps plus to get on-line and hope it is safe.i'm not young i'm 77 years old and i have never grown up i just love games.

This survey in 2018 showed more adults are using GTS as a simulator game then kids and teens. I think that racing GTS online is more real then the fighting and shooting games that are marketed today. I wonder if the other games that are rated for adults would give the same results as GTS ?

PS : I lied about my age the first competition kart race at 14 and I have lied about my age of my online competition today.

Last edited:
Back