"GT Sport: Driving is for everyone" How old are you?

• Thread starter kalakanto
  • 363 comments

How old are you?

• 16-20

• 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 50-

Results are only viewable after voting.
37, started my gaming career in the mid-late 1980s with "Turbo" on a Spectrum. Loved Grand Prix 1+2 and Indycar Racing 1+2.
I played Gran Turismo 3 a lot, but didn't own a console until the PS4 Pro. Got that just for GT Sport.

31. Been gaming since I was 7 when I got my first console - Sega Mega Drive. First racing game I owned was Ayrton Senna’s Super Monaco GP II. Always been a fan of the racing genre, have owned Gran Turismo 1, 2, 3, 4 & now the current iteration. Loving it to be honest.

Played all but GT6. Still have my original copy of GT with the manual but the case has pretty much disintegrated!
My first console was a mk1 wedge master system and I loved Hang On!

33yo and my signature says it all.

Not a car nut in real life but love racing games.
Irl, I see cars as tools (I have a derv Legacy estate), bikes as fun tools (like a dildo!) boats as fishing platforms and planes as things to jump out of or a rapidly flying tube of disease ridden convenience.

I am almost 31 now. My first racing game was Lotus: The Ultimate Challenge on MS-DOS. Some races had pit stops for fuel. Loved it back then. I was using my older brothers PC. Hell I hadn't even started going to kindergarten, I was that young. My parents held back when it came to gaming consoles.

My first encounter with GT was late GT3 on my cousins console. Then I found out about GT4 and got myself a used PS2. I missed out on PS3 and GT5 and GT6. Now that I have got the means to get myself my own stuff, I still continue to play GT and still plan to play them in the future. Age demographics clearly show it's not just about a video game. It is something bigger.

I remember years back when GTP was so toxic it was impossible for a discussion to get more than 3 posts before it needed modding. Perhaps this was the massive gap in age groups... but over the years it really smoothed out. But I can’t think of another “interest group” that is inviting to such a broad demographic.

Oh, I’m 43... but I think I was closer to mid 30’s when I first started visiting GTP.

But I’m not playing GT Sport, most of my Gran Turismo memories are from GT 1 (though I played them all a lot). Still the best of the series by a long shot... but you had to be there to experience it when it was new, understanding how it stood up against all the other games of the time. A time also when car culture was at its peek in the US.

I'm 45. Been playing since GT1. I first played the Japanese version at Comdex. I was hooked and elated when I heard it was coming to the States so I didn't have to mod my PS. The track was Trial Mountain. Car was a Mitsubishi Eclipse. Ahh, good times. I have bought every numbered GT and the console to go with it.

The kids these days wouldn't touch the racing games I played even when they were lost with them on an unknown Isle:

Hang on, Super Hang on, Road Rash, Ridge Racer, Rage Racer and GT2, GT4 and GT5

52 .
I'm impressed that the "50-" category is in pole position! :) ( I'm in there too, maybe that's why I'm impressed, I didn't see that coming, I thought I'm in a small minority here in GT Sport ).
Can you please expand somehow ( if it's not too late for that ) the age selection, making 51-55, 56-60, 61-65,... why not forward?
I really didn't expected that percentage at over 50 and I'm curious about it, even more, I'm curious who is our older member here .

Last edited:
30 here. I have played GT2, GT4 and GT Sport, all extensively. I passed the PlayStation 3 generation. I remember checking GT3 over a friend's house, which was my first contact with Gran Turismo, and I fondly remember how tough it seemed, having to actually break! Other than Need For Speed World and some rallies here and there, it's all Gran Turismo for me!

I feel like for most of us middle aged we've seen the whole thing start and change... like I started with the C64 and remember Indy500 and Crammond's F1GP and from the sub VGA days to the now 4k generation.

And now I feel like the next generation of real life cars is electric so we're seeing the decline of the ICE car.

I'm curious to see where things go next.

Back