GT Sport Duel of the Week (Inactive)

Balance of Performance for Gr. [] Weekly Time Trials?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Canada
Ottawa
Pyano1132
blaaaaaaaa.png

Click here for the first thread.

Click here for our previous thread.

• Please abide by the rules stated in the GTPlanet Acceptable Use Policy
  • Absolutely positively no exploits or foul play during the time trials. If you are caught, you will be barred from doing any in the future.​
  • Respect others opinions on which car they choose to vote for​
  • Don't whine or complain if a certain car doesn't win a duel​
  • Please send all suggestions for future duels as a conversation with me​
  • No trolling​
  • No flamewars​
  • In the event of a tie, the winner shall be determined by a one lap showdown in which the cars will be driven by me​
  • In the event of someone being banned during the time frame of a duel, that person's vote will not count​
  • Don't try to sway other's votes​
  • If I make a mistake, don't hesitate to tell me. Trust me, I don't bite too hard :D
  • And most of all, just have fun!​

Hello! Welcome to Gran Turismo Duel of the Week! This is a thread concept started by @Cowboy all the way back around the start of GT6. Over the years, control eventually found it's way to me and we're now in our third edition. This is the first time we're jumping to another game, so it'll be a learning experience for now. GT Sport is the next chapter of the series and we're just about ready to get started after GT6's servers shut down and all of these GT Sport content updates! If you're reading this as a new contributor, or if you're a regular needing to brush up on some info, this info below will give you the rundown on how this thread works.

At the beginning of every week, (Mondays usually, but sometimes Wednesdays if I'm busy) two or more cars are chosen in a new post to go head to head in the game. It isn't a usual competition though, the winner of each week is decided by your votes. Now, how you vote varies from person to person. It can either be which car is more competitive in sport mode, which one has the faster time in the weekly time trials, which one sounds or looks better and much more.

At the end of each week, votes are counted up, just make your vote is easy to read, and be sure to explain your reasoning too.

If you're wondering what we mean by time trials, every week my good compatriot and thread co-host @ThrasherDBS hosts time trials and drift trials for the cars featured in the duel, sometimes maybe even a special challenge or two. (You'll just have to see what he cooks up in the oven!) After the week concludes, he will post the results of the time trials and tag everyone who participated.

So, welcome to Gran Turismo Sport Duel of the Week! If you're still unsure of what to post, just float around for a week or two and observe what the regulars do and post, you'll get up to speed eventually!

This thread may not look like much now, but we've just started construction. Pretty soon this thread will be on par with GT6's thread

Week 1:
Subaru WRX STI vs Mistubishi Lancer Evolution Final Edition
Winner: Mitsubishi
Week 2: Peugeot RCZ Gr.3 vs GT by Citroen Gr.3
Winner:
Citroen
Week 3: Audi Vision Gran Turismo Gr.1 vs Audi R18 2016 Gr.1
Winner: Audi R18
Week 4: Ferrari 458 Italia vs McLaren MP4-12C
Winner: McLaren
Week 5: Porsche 911 GT3 RS vs Corvette C7 Gr.3 Road Car
Winner: Porsche
Week 6: Bugatti Veyron Gr.4 vs Mazda Atenza Gr.4
Winner: Bugatti
Week 7: Toyota MR-2 vs Toyota GT-86
Winner: Toyota MR-2
Week 8: Toyota S-FR Racing Concept vs Ferrari F40
Winner: Ferrari
Week 9: De Tomaso Pantera vs Ferrari 512BB vs Lamborghini Countach
Week 10: Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 vs Ford Mustang Gr.3
Week 11: Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track vs Audi TTS Coupe
Winner: Audi
Week 12: Jaguar F-Type R vs Aston Martin DB11
Winner: Aston Martin
Week 13: Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 vs Mercedes-AMG GT3 (HTP Motorsports)
Winner: Mercedes-AMG GT3
Week 14: Peugeot 208 GTi vs Renault Clio 220 EDC Trophy
Winner: Peugeot
Week 15: Amuse S2000 GT1 vs Aston Martin Vulcan
Winner: Aston Martin
Week 16: Porsche 911 GT3 (996) vs Porsche 911 GT3 (997)
Winner: Porsche 997
Week 17: Toyota GR Supra Racing Concept vs Acura NSX Gr.3
Winner: Toyota
Week 18: Chevrolet Camaro SS vs Ford Mustang GT
Winner: Chevrolet
Week 19: BMW M4 Coupe vs Audi R8 4.2 FSI Quattro
Winner: Audi
Week 20: Toyota AE-86 vs Mazda Eunos Roadster
Winner: Mazda
Week 21: Toyota FT-1 Concept vs Mercedes-AMG GT S

Last edited:
Evo. I have just felt that the evo appeals more than the subaru has. I do love a subaru but my vote goes to the evo. Evo is also my go to car for gts.

I'll hold onto that for now, but the thread hasn't even started yet. :lol: At least it seems like people are eager to get going! The duels start on Monday if you're wondering. This thread and the last thread both had Week #0 reserved for planning.

I'll hold onto that for now, but the thread hasn't even started yet. :lol: At least it seems like people are eager to get going! The duels start on Monday if you're wondering. This thread and the last thread both had Week #0 reserved for planning.

Noted

Already starting to see some regular members here and new ones. It was nice that I found the time to do the last duel on GT6. I've been spending most of my time lately on GTS and in the short time I've been playing I have already logged in over 21 thousand miles.

I've definitely driven both cars and I think I know which one is going to be my winner but I will put them up against each other just to make sure.

Any certain track you want us to do the duel on?

Great choice & classic rivalry for the 1st week, should be a good contest.
I'll be monitoring this thread with interest and hope to contribute.

Have been looking forward to seeing this thread, though time constraints mean I never had time to contribute much before and that may continue, but I'll join in when and where I can. Good choice for the first 2 cars... 👍:cheers:

And thanks a bunch to @MrWaflz55 and @Cowboy for all their hard work on this over time.

GT Sport Duel of the Week #1 – The Re-run!

Hello all, and welcome back to Duel of the Week. If you’re a regular from 2015, you’re sure to remember this duel. This is how we started off the original thread all the way back then! For all you newcomers, this will be a tight competition that will get you used to how the thread works quickly! This duel spans decades and the tales of their legendary battles will be remembered by enthusiasts for many more! Sadly, one is no longer with us, and the other has gotten a whole new model generation since 2010. It’s the...​
4755890344256602120_0.jpg

...2014 Subaru WRX STi Type S!

Against the...

6134554707722536464_0.jpg

...2015 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Final Edition!

This duel will surely be a close one, just like it always has! The Subaru may be a newer model since 2010, but I’m sure Mitsubishi has been tweaking the Evo over the years too. Let’s see how well they get around the time trial this week.

Speaking of which, now would be a good time to mention how the time trials will work.

· Every week, I’ll decide a location and tyre compound for the duel in a post below the main one, as well as a side competition for those interested.

· Go to GT Sport and record your best lap replays for both cars in Time Trial mode offline.

· Remember to share both lap replays. In the description of the post, be sure to include the time of your lap, your GTPlanet name and the tire compound of the week.

· For tags, tag #1 needs to be “GTSDuel” and tag #2 needs to be the code of the week. Since this is week one, the code is “DOTW001”. Remember it’s not case sensitive, so don’t worry.

· We’ve operated on the Gentleman’s Agreement since the start, so don’t use dirty tricks like tuning your car or dropping the weight. Respect your fellow posters.

· If you’re five or ten seconds ahead of Vic, you’re probably lying.

· Be sure to post your replays to the discover area before the week ends. We obviously won’t count late entries.

So, let's get on with the first duel! Time trial info will be in the post immediately below!​

Last edited:
GT Sport Time Trial of the Week #1 - Subaru vs Mitsubishi at Tsukuba!

This week, we're going to be taking advantage of the latest track to enter GT Sport! This week the Time Trial will be held at Tsukuba Circuit in Japan!

Week 1 Time Trial Rules:
Tire Compound:
Sports Hard
Tuning: Prohibited
Tags: GTSDuel, DOTW001
Due Date: April 8th, 2018

1200px-Tsukuba-circuit.svg.png

Get down there and post your best times before next Sunday! Let's see which Japanese Rally Sedan is fastest around this tight Japanese track. The tags for this duel are "GTSDuel" in the first slot, and "DOTW001". In the third slot, include your favourite kind of fish or whatever.

The results will be posted at the end of the week by either Thrasher or Me, we'll see! But for now, have a happy Easter!​

Last edited:
If you’re five or ten seconds ahead of Vic, you’re probably lying.
:lol:
You never know, Waffle. Your Aunt Jemima could be faster than good old Tricky Vic.

Get down there and post your best times before next Sunday! Let's see which Japanese Rally Sedan is fastest around this tight Japanese track. The tags for this duel are "GTSDuel" in the first slot, and "DOTW001". In the third slot, include your favourite kind of fish or whatever.
Can do a Youtube video. Will need to do this tonight or tomorrow night.

Consider this the giant column of stone's big return to the thread!

1:05.733 - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Final Edition '15
1:05.939 - Subaru WRX STI Type S '14

Only 2 tenths apart here at Tsukuba. At Suzuka East, the Subaru was faster, by almost 3 tenths.

Subaru WRX STI Type S '14
302 hp
313 tq
3285 lbs

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Final Edition '15
309 hp
316 tq
3373 lbs

I vote Evo.

1:05.733 - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Final Edition '15
1:05.939 - Subaru WRX STI Type S '14

Only 2 tenths apart here at Tsukuba. At Suzuka East, the Subaru was faster, by almost 3 tenths.

Subaru WRX STI Type S '14
302 hp
313 tq
3285 lbs

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Final Edition '15
309 hp
316 tq
3373 lbs

I vote Evo.

Well hey, if it isn’t our residents SuzukaStar, any chance you still post the lap replays to YouTube like you did in the old thread?

We’re just talking about lap replays from Suzuka East. He’s known for posting lap times of cars at Midfield and Suzuka as part of his vote, that’s just his specialty and it isn’t part of Maven’s time trial entry.
Ok

If it's by "HondaCBR(insert some numbers here)" then yup. We've got this new system working just fine for now!
Can I substitute a raw, unedited gameplay recording of both cars hotlapping? It goes into their settings to show that they're stock, as well.

Back