GT Sport E3 2017 Screenshot Blowout, Reveals New Lake Maggiore Track

Look at Race A and Race B looks like you have a choice know. Time difference of 5 minutes
I'd assume races are going off all the time in all the classes and that screen will be in constant rotation. Staggering them would make a lot of sense as well. If you finish your race in one class you want a few minutes to get into your next lobby, if you switch classes. If they are going on all the time anyway, you shouldn't be waiting more than a few minutes between races unless you choose to.

Aren't you guys loving how there hasn't been any photos of racing in the rain or at night?
I'm really sadned by the state of gran turismo, seems like PC2 and F7 will beating it by miles :(
there will be night &weather period as for dynamic part of it is sonys fault because of VR

It looks like a menu you'd find in Sport mode for choosing an available, sanctioned race. Which part is throwing you off?
I had to think about that. :P

I was picturing a calendar with events, click on the event (MX5 Cup), and be presented with the race.
I had an image etched in my head, but after finding it it was titled "Monthly Schedule".

So Sport mode daily races it is then. :lol:

Thanks for prompting me to think again.
:cheers:

Presets are much easier in terms of post-release support as you don't need a moderation team to examine everything that gets uploaded.

One of Forza's big issues regards community content is that the total freedom of the livery editor allows for people to make the type of content you'd expect from the less child-friendly parts of the Internet.

So long as we have access to basic shapes and a large list of preset logos the livery editor will be fine. Most of the hard work in Forza comes from making logos in the first place, the actual car design portion is much easier by comparison.

I'd say that's a good thing. Why shouldn't we be able to drive around a car with penises and the F word all over it?

GTS_Screen_LakeMaggiore01_PS4_E32017.png

I cannot wait to drive the Viper, it looks stunning. :drool:

I'd assume races are going off all the time in all the classes and that screen will be in constant rotation. Staggering them would make a lot of sense as well. If you finish your race in one class you want a few minutes to get into your next lobby, if you switch classes. If they are going on all the time anyway, you shouldn't be waiting more than a few minutes between races unless you choose to.
We all "assumed" this but this kind of confirms it

So now we have 13 confirmed tracks:

Nurburgring
Brands Hatch
Willow Springs
Interlagos
Bathurst
Suzuka
Tokyo Expressway
Northern Isle Speedway
Fisherman's Ranch
Dragon Trail Raceway
Blue Moon Bay
Sardegna Windmills
Lake Maggiore

Only 6 left now.

Only 5. You forget 24h Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe :) You can see it on trailers, I think even on beta intro (when some LMP car go through curbs right before last scene in intro).

Aren't you guys loving how there hasn't been any photos of racing in the rain or at night?
I'm really sadned by the state of gran turismo, seems like PC2 and F7 will beating it by miles :(

It's sad yeah, but it was easy to see for months that GTS was well behind PC2 and even FM6, let alone FM7.

GT is an also ran nowadays, no longer the leader in class. Doesn't mean it's a bad game, it's just no longer the best.

Where exactly have you seen Le Mans?

On the trailer when the airplanes form France flag - always see it on this track. And pretty sure in one of the trailers I've seen some first corners footage, need to look at all trailers again :)

EDIT: Sorry, you are right - those airplanes looks very similar to what we see at Le Mans, but it is not :) Looked at trailers and also didn't see anything. But I hope it will be there, otherwise game will be uncomplete for me... Having LMP cars, probably multiclass and e-sport aspiring title which means also endurance races and no Le Mans? That would be very bad.

Last edited:
I've been "Driving the Game" since 1997 and have gone from controller to Logitech wheel, PS1 to PS2, and PS2 to PS3 [sic] but I haven't been this excited for a GT title since GT5.

I was at the PSXperience last night and when I saw the PD "behind the scenes" segment along with all of Kaz's commentary. I must admit when he stated, "this is different from all other GT's - think of this as the second generation of GT games" it gave me that old fuzzy feeling of something really, really special and exciting is heading my way. I am totally stoked for this game and simply cannot wait to plug my thrustmaster directly into it. Long live Gran Turismo.

:gtplanet:

On the trailer when the airplanes form France flag - always see it on this track. And pretty sure in one of the trailers I've seen some first corners footage, need to look at all trailers again :)

EDIT: Sorry, you are right - those airplanes looks very similar to what we see at Le Mans, but it is not :) Looked at trailers and also didn't see anything. But I hope it will be there, otherwise game will be uncomplete for me... Having LMP cars, probably multiclass and e-sport aspiring title which means also endurance races and no Le Mans? That would be very bad.
Right, Le Mans cannot be missing.

I actually do not care. They had said there would be rain and night driving they have showed clips of night driving(replays at least). It is not dynamic,oh well, I don't run endurance races aways. Things are shaping up nicely. Most of the complaints are being met. I noticed on the rally type races the netting was replaced with barriers it seems. My biggest gripe is that the three giant racing games are all coming out near each other. Last year cod, titan fall and battlefield all came out near each other which was a bad move. I would have bought titan fall but ended up skipping it.

GT gets delayed and the shoots for the moon. Instead of worrying about it I figure it will be out when it is out and I will like it like always. People worry and get in a huff about way to much.

The screenshots don't show a lot of things, like Suzuka found in the trailer.

Kaz confirmed night racing and "harsh racing conditions" in the psblog.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/06/13/gran-turismo-sport-launches-on-ps4-fall-2017/

"Unveiled earlier tonight during PlayStation Live From E3, the GT Sport Theme Music Trailer trailer showed off the variety of its lighting conditions, including night circuits in Tokyo Expressway and Nurburgring. The sense of adrenaline and harsh racing conditions are immediate as the team has been hard at work in delivering its most visually compelling and realistic racing game to date"

Kaz confirmed night racing and "harsh racing conditions" in the psblog.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/06/13/gran-turismo-sport-launches-on-ps4-fall-2017/

"Unveiled earlier tonight during PlayStation Live From E3, the GT Sport Theme Music Trailer trailer showed off the variety of its lighting conditions, including night circuits in Tokyo Expressway and Nurburgring. The sense of adrenaline and harsh racing conditions are immediate as the team has been hard at work in delivering its most visually compelling and realistic racing game to date"
What's left now is seeing racing in the rain!

And the 2017 GTPlanet's best quote goes to...
Thanks, fixed. It's been a long day! Knew I could count on our resident Peugeot fan for that! :D

As a general rule, tagging someone from the writing team will get a faster response. Ol' Newsie's a bot, you see.

I had to do it.

-----
So now we have 13 confirmed tracks:

Nurburgring
Brands Hatch
Willow Springs
Interlagos
Bathurst
Suzuka
Tokyo Expressway
Northern Isle Speedway
Fisherman's Ranch
Dragon Trail Raceway
Blue Moon Bay
Sardegna Windmills
Lake Maggiore

Only 6 left now.
I hope they would increase the location counts if not then here's my guess:

14. Circuit de la Sarthe (Based on previous GT games and also due to being historical track)
15. Silverstone (track certificated by FIA)
16. Spa (Based on previous GT games and also due to being historical track)
17. Red Bull Ring (They added it to GT6 back in 2014 so why throw it away?)
18. A fictional road circuit (Probably)
19. A fictional snow rally course ("Dirt & Snow")

I would hope the livery editor is more than just placing preset stickers :yuck:
I'm imaging it's going to be similar to let's say NFS MW 2005 or Pro Street which i don't want and instead more of Forza instead.

And the 2017 GTPlanet's best quote goes to...

I had to do it.

-----

I hope they would increase the location counts if not then here's my guess:

14. Circuit de la Sarthe (Based on previous GT games and also due to being historical track)
15. Silverstone (track certificated by FIA)
16. Spa (Based on previous GT games and also due to being historical track)
17. Red Bull Ring (They added it to GT6 back in 2014 so why throw it away?)
18. A fictional road circuit (Probably)
19. A fictional snow rally course ("Dirt & Snow")

I'm imaging it's going to be similar to let's say NFS MW 2005 or Pro Street which i don't want and instead more of Forza instead.

I know I'm speaking for a select few, but honestly all I need are

• Deep Forest or Trial Mountain,
• Laguna Seca or Tsukuba
• Nurburgring (in all configurations) &
• Sarthe

Based on what I've seen so far, if PD ever adds night/day cycles to this with full dynamic weather to boot, it's safe to say I may never leave my house again. :nervous:

I'd say that's a good thing. Why shouldn't we be able to drive around a car with penises and the F word all over it?
The question is why would you want to?
To make people like you shake their heads in disgust :lol:

...and, total and complete immaturity.
Just imagine though, rolling to the FIA Prize Giving Ceremony as the Nations Cup winner while everyone shakes their heads in disgust and confusion as a Veyron Gr.4 with male genitalia and swastikas drawn all over it shows up at the presentation screen. :lol:

Back