GT Sport, Forza 7 and PCARS2 All Nominated at The Game Awards 2017

Literally undeserved. Forza 7 is garbage compared to pc2 and gts.
IMHO FM7 is the most complete game out of the 3 with physics that are easy to pick up and play while still requiring plenty of practice to master while also having the biggest, most varied, car list and the best career mode out of the 3.

GTS is completely lacking in content (although it appears PD are starting to address this) and I find PC2 has some of the worst physics of any console track racer this generation

Last edited:

a508b0f7e241fd1d7ec28ab2961b04d6.gif

Yeah same old game. Why should I buy forza 7 when i would just stick with 6. Forza 7 offers nothing new to be honest. Also has lootboxes.

Pc2 has the worst physics?? Pc2 is miles ahead of forza 7. Forza 7's car sounds are awful while adding 300+ useless ragdolls.

Once again the awards are bias.

Yeah same old game. Why should I buy forza 7 when i would just stick with 6. Forza 7 offers nothing new to be honest. Also has lootboxes.
Why is adding new content to a successful series a bad thing? I'd rather have the "more is the same" concept of Forza than to have GT Sport which just abandons all of the great content added in the previous game.

Also FM7's lootboxes, IMO, don't negativily impact the game at all. They're there if you want them but, aside from the 30k mod crates which can easily make you 10x as much as you pay for it, you aren't forced too buy them at any point. And even the mod crates are completely optional. That's nott even considering the fact they can ONLY be bought with in game credits and there are NO microtransactions in game AT ALL.

We can all deduce fm7 would clearly win. It has the most value of the three, bang for your buck. Gt needs to TAKE NOTES.

however saying fm..
having the best career mode out of the 3. and I find PC2 has some of the worst physics

I'm not sure if you played it. Pc2 is literally a race car driver simulator. There is no other game on console that stimulates the life of a race car driver, to that degree(except f1, I'm told). The dig at their physics on the other hand was revealing, and with that I bid you farewell

Each game has plenty of things that can make it look like the biggest piece of crap since Wheels of Steel. Each game also has plenty of things that make it seem like the greatest game ever made.

Pretending otherwise just makes you look as biased as any of these meaningless awards.

Deserved, I have put many hours in Forza 7 and it´s great fun, I havent play GT Sports but everything seems barebones and I tried Project Cars 2 demo, the driving feel with both controller and wheel was really disappointing :(

We can all deduce fm7 would clearly win. It has the most value of the three, bang for your buck. Gt needs to TAKE NOTES.

however saying fm..

I'm not sure if you played it. Pc2 is literally a race car driver simulator. There is no other game on console that stimulates the life of a race car driver, to that degree(except f1, I'm told). The dig at their physics on the other hand was revealing, and with that I bid you farewell
I played the PC2 demo that came out after release and even after 2-3 hours of driving all 3 cars I couldn't get to grips with the physics. The fact that you have to spend an hour tweaking the controller setup just to make the game driveable shows just how bad the physics are.

Only track racer I've played that had worse physics is PC1.

I played the PC2 demo that came out after release and even after 2-3 hours of driving all 3 cars I couldn't get to grips with the physics. The fact that you have to spend an hour tweaking the controller setup just to make the game driveable shows just how bad the physics are.

Only track racer I've played that had worse physics is PC1.
Eh, not really, to be honest. Pad optimization can go a long way, and doesn't really relate to the physics. I'm wondering if its just the pad settings, rather than the physics, that you cant come to grip with. That was my issue with PC1.
So... the developers will care even less for their players. Forza devs are the most lazy devs when coming to improving their game. I can't image how long we will wait for proper FFB in their games or making something that players want.

I want an open world Forza. I'm sure many other Forza fans want something like that too!
I want to be able to customize, test, and tune my cars, and have a wide selection to be able to do that. I'm sure many other Forza fans want something like that too!

Last edited:
Eh, not really, to be honest. Pad optimization can go a long way, and doesn't really relate to the physics. I'm wondering if its just the pad settings, rather than the physics, that you cant come to grip with. That was my issue with PC1.
That's probably what it was, but even still they should really prioritize pad optimization over anything else. I was actually really looking forward to PC2 and its brilliant car and track lineup but when I got into the demo and everything had awful handling, it just completely ruined my expectations for the game.

What some people need to realise is that this is a mainstream awards ceremony. The committee isn't a group of hardcore racing enthusiasts who turn their noses up at anything less than a £900+ setup.

TGAs celebrate the gaming industry, not each of the individual genres within it. It's fair enough to disagree with the decision but disagreeing because the game isn't insanely realistic or having no clue how loot boxes work in the game (see the Facebook comments) is a bit naive.

In terms of being a proper racing 'game', Forza 7 has the most content and typical game structure. It's not impossible to see why Forza 7 deserves the award when you consider what type of award this is.

If the committee took the racing genre seriously enough, F7 wouldn't have had to beat out titles like NBA in a hybrid category. :lol:

Honestly, at first I wasn't too fond about Forza 7. But after playing it more often, It's starting to grow on me. It deserved the award just for being a "pick it up and play" type of game with lots of content in it.

People can say whatever they want about Forza, and hate it till the end of time, but you can't doubt it has the most successful concept that made even GT famous, even with lootboxes it doesn't seem to be abusing so far. Oh, and being "the same" doesn't hurt either, so boo hoo to you if it does.

Congrats to T10!

As for GT Sport, I'm still not fond of it. I don't care what anybody says, but it was still pretty stupid of PD to all of a sudden change their direction when they had a successful concept. Why give that up for a stickin' iRacing wannabe I will never know...

I'm sure it's a good game, but still, no thanks until Gran Turismo 7 comes along.

Project CARS 2 is in a league of sim racers, and that's okay. If it means giving sim lovers a game to they could enjoy, and not depend on Forza and GT, than cheers to that.

Very happy we have all three games to enjoy this year. Don't some of you too instead of picking sides?

It's not even a contest between these racing games.
GtSport sucks, Pcars is another bug-filled rush out the door.

FM7 had more bugs than one might like, but it didn't strip 90% of it's content like GT, and you don't need hundreds of dollars in accessories like you do to play Pc2.

These GOTY awards aren't for the 2% of diehards on the internet boards foaming at the mouth about simulation.

Last edited:
Whether you like it or not, Forza Motorsport 7 is the most deserving of the award out of the three major sim title releases this year. It has the most content and its the most user friendly of the trio, at least at the time they were nominated.

Let's look at the fundamental flaws the runner ups had back in November 2017:

GT Sport - An internet connection to enjoy a significant portion of the game (GT League wasn't a thing back then) and you have less than half as many cars and tracks to play with.

Project CARS 2 - Still quite buggy after Patch 2.0 and a costly wheel setup gives you a far greater advantage over pad users than the other two games. As a result, this game can only really be enjoyed most by a much smaller audience of hardcore sim racers.

Forza 7 is definitely the best "game" but it is the worst motorsport simulator out of all of the recent sims/semi-sims.

I haven't bought Forza since 4 so I'm not burnt out on it at the moment but I don't really understand why people love the grind of unlocking cars game after game, it's nice just to jump into whatever you're in the mood for without being locked behind artificial progression systems. Forza 7 at least having the option to rent any car is a good improvement (although not earning credits/experience to force the grind sucks) as is the fact you get DLC cars without needing to buy them again with in-game credits.

The irony in people calling out PC2 for having issues is Forza 7 is almost as bad, drivatars have been terrible ever since they introduced cloud learning nonsense so they just learnt how to drive like the idiots online along with giving them impossible performance relative to the car because the P.I system is broken. Rewind always makes one car swerve widely across the track. They focus on pad players over wheel users and sure most people who play use a pad but that doesn't make it any better, if anything it's worse than PCars since you actually drive cars with a wheel.

Doesn't have a lot of basic features you'd expect from the genre like automatic DOR for wheel users. Rain is basically just a graphical effect with no major handling differences or the need to pit (good for a game built around short races but highly unrealistic for a sim!).

Forza gets away with these things because most of its demographic don't care but go look at a PCars 2 thread and every little detail is picked apart acting like it's complete rubbish when it does far more than Forza, GTS, AC etc.

It's the equivalent of GTA it might not be perfect and individual things have been bettered but everything as a whole makes it pretty great. It's just funny how GTA gets a free pass because it includes so much but PC2 gets panned.

Anyway I game on PC now so don't have a PS4 to play GTS :confused: otherwise I'm sure I'd enjoy that too.

Forza 7 is definitely the best "game" but it is the worst motorsport simulator out of all of the recent sims/semi-sims.

I haven't bought Forza since 4 so I'm not burnt out on it at the moment but I don't really understand why people love the grind of unlocking cars game after game, it's nice just to jump into whatever you're in the mood for without being locked behind artificial progression systems. Forza 7 at least having the option to rent any car is a good improvement (although not earning credits/experience to force the grind sucks) as is the fact you get DLC cars without needing to buy them again with in-game credits.

The irony in people calling out PC2 for having issues is Forza 7 is almost as bad, drivatars have been terrible ever since they introduced cloud learning nonsense so they just learnt how to drive like the idiots online along with giving them impossible performance relative to the car because the P.I system is broken. Rewind always makes one car swerve widely across the track. They focus on pad players over wheel users and sure most people who play use a pad but that doesn't make it any better, if anything it's worse than PCars since you actually drive cars with a wheel.

Doesn't have a lot of basic features you'd expect from the genre like automatic DOR for wheel users. Rain is basically just a graphical effect with no major handling differences or the need to pit (good for a game built around short races but highly unrealistic for a sim!).

Forza gets away with these things because most of its demographic don't care but go look at a PCars 2 thread and every little detail is picked apart acting like it's complete rubbish when it does far more than Forza, GTS, AC etc.

It's the equivalent of GTA it might not be perfect and individual things have been bettered but everything as a whole makes it pretty great. It's just funny how GTA gets a free pass because it includes so much but PC2 gets panned.

Anyway I game on PC now so don't have a PS4 to play GTS :confused: otherwise I'm sure I'd enjoy that too.
Saying rain has no affect on handling in FM7 is just a straight up lie. I've done dozens, if not hundreds, of dynamic weather races in FM7 and there is a clear and very noticeable difference between dry and wet resulting in less grip, slower lap times and increased tyre wear.

And why is focusing on pad users a bad thing? Like you say, most players play with a pad so surely a game that plays great with a pad and decently with a wheel is going to be better received than a game that plays great with a wheel but terribly with a pad.

I think Forza flat out won because there simply wasn't much of a competition to begin with. In my very honest and humble opinion, FM7 has shining potential, but it is the worst version on the current gen Xbox due to its bugs and lack of polish. Even after 2 months, it left me frustrated as the developers just refused to roll out audio and visual fixes, not to mention the other bugs people had reported on the T10 forum. Had it refunded. That was a first for me in 10+ years.

If only there was better competition, I'm sure the fellas at T10 would up their game. But since, nothing better out there that has the "whole package", it had to win.

I think Forza flat out won because there simply wasn't much of a competition to begin with. In my very honest and humble opinion, FM7 has shining potential, but it is the worst version on the current gen Xbox due to its bugs and lack of polish. Even after 2 months, it left me frustrated as the developers just refused to roll out audio and visual fixes, not to mention the other bugs people had reported on the T10 forum. Had it refunded. That was a first for me in 10+ years.

If only there was better competition, I'm sure the fellas at T10 would up their game. But since, nothing better out there that has the "whole package", it had to win.
Agreed, and this is what I also feared would happened in the future of Forza after it took the crown from a "certain franchise" that decided to go hardcore for whatever reason. It looks like T10 are falling into the same fate as PD did, such as lacking in competition and being over-confident on their product to sell copies.

Saying rain has no affect on handling in FM7 is just a straight up lie. I've done dozens, if not hundreds, of dynamic weather races in FM7 and there is a clear and very noticeable difference between dry and wet resulting in less grip, slower lap times and increased tyre wear.

And why is focusing on pad users a bad thing? Like you say, most players play with a pad so surely a game that plays great with a pad and decently with a wheel is going to be better received than a game that plays great with a wheel but terribly with a pad.
I didn't say it had no effect on handling now did I...

I said it doesn't have a major impact on handling because it doesn't, when was the last time you saw an F1 car driving on slicks in the rain or any race car for that matter, they don't because it would be impossible at racing speeds. Road cars with road tyres sure but slicks just no. If PCars 2 had the same rain physics and lack of tyre changes it would have been absolutely slaughtered by hardcore sim racers. My only point was that crowd are far more unforgiving and nitpicky than your general car game fan and I could pick just as many holes in Forza 7 using those standards, I however choose to enjoy both.

The best thing about the rain isn't the minor handling changes it's the visual effects from water spray on the track reducing visibility, I wish they'd bring back the same windshield graphics effect from 6 (on the X and PC as the base console is obviously too weak), I thought it was the best one out there, the new one in 7 is terrible.

It only plays decently on a wheel in isolation compared to previous Forzas which were awful but the FFB compared to its peers is average at best which isn't to say it's not enjoyable. Again my only point was being critical of one focusing on wheels and not having as good pad support is exactly what Forza has done for wheel users. Your logic is as flawed as when Codemasters removed cockpit view because only 2.5% of players used it.

There is no reason for the FFB to be so poor on a game of its budget at least there is a design reason why it's hard in hardcore sims in that they refuse to add the same hidden controller assists to make it easier for pad users, yet you still get people who are rapid using one and even nutters who use a keyboard just fine!

I said it doesn't have a major impact on handling because it doesn't, when was the last time you saw an F1 car driving on slicks in the rain or any race car for that matter, they don't because it would be impossible at racing speeds. Road cars with road tyres sure but slicks just no. If PCars 2 had the same rain physics and lack of tyre changes it would have been absolutely slaughtered by hardcore sim racers. My only point was that crowd are far more unforgiving and nitpicky than your general car game fan and I could pick just as many holes in Forza 7 using those standards, I however choose to enjoy both.
Except race cars dont use slicks in the rain in FM7. Drive any open wheel car in the wet and you can clearly see intermediate tyres are fitted automatically.

Back