GT SPORT GEEZER CLUB

• Thread starter geezer1791
  • 4,879 comments
Ditto: PSN: BrownLotus, Age: 61
Hi BrownLotus_Please take a look at the very first page of this thread to see how to contact our #1 Geezer "geezer1791", you're the right age to be a member and there's for certain room in the club for more Geezers. We'd welcome you to the group partner. Our Saturday morning (East Coast time zone) is restricted to Geezer Club members Only but all the other races we run are open to Friends - friends we call "Geezlings". Hope to see you join us for some fun, clean (we do our damndest to be clean) racing. Note: Headsets are not mandatory - HOWEVER - visiting and sharing information between we members is VERY difficult and time consuming via the typing chat so if you don't yet have one it is highly recommended.

Ditto: PSN: BrownLotus, Age: 61
Sent a FR to you. We do friends only lobbies so you’ll need to have the host on your friends list. For today that would be Pepper Mallard, psn pepper_mallard . As Duce mentioned, Geezer1791 runs the club, so send him a FR also, psn GZR_Geezer1791 .

Today’s room will open about 8:30 am U.S ET, as long as Pepper wakes up. :lol:

Cheers! :cheers:

:cheers:
:cheers:
Thanks for posting this @Luiz Frota . 👍👍👍👍👍👍

That was a fun race. :lol: I tried several times to share the video in GTS but I kept getting "failed to connect to server" message. :grumpy:

We'll have to try something like that again........ maybe with the Toyota S-FR aka large mouth bass. ;)

Geezers Rock. :gtpflag:

It was a pleasure doing it. Share this one. We will make many others.:cheers::cheers:

Hi - 65 years and slow here - just had some nice racing with jab1362 who suggested I ask to join you geezers. Would that be ok? Sent a PS fr to geezer 1791.
Sorry if this isn't the way to ask :confused:
Hi Randall. Send a FR to GZR_Geezer1791, that’s the account he uses on GT Sport. Check the schedule of Geezer races posted on the previous page. In order to get into the rooms on any given day you’ll need to have the host on your friends list. So also add pepper_mallard , acenbrone , and nordschleife1951 .

Looking forward to seeing you soon. :cheers:

Thanks Luiz. :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Watching that video showed Cal crossing the finish line first, but the final results gave penalties to almost everyone changing the finishing order, & we couldn't figure out why. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Oh well, it doesn't really matter. Nobody got hurt, no money or championship points were to be earned. :lol::lol:

We all had a blast racing together !! 👍👍👍👍👍

Geezers Rock. :gtpflag:
I wish I had the final board with the penalties, we could get to a better conclusion. Oh yeah, it's a lot of fun....

Well, after my first races with you Geezers and after watching the replays, I reckon I should let you know my thoughts on this experience. I have not raced since the old GTR2 NoGrip days, apart from the Daily Races (daily idiot races) on GTS.

Yamagiwa 11 was going well until I noticed cars pitting. Bloody hell I had not even thought of that, looked at my fuel gauge and saw that I needed to pit. Where was the pit lane? Anyway found it but had slowed down too much and was slow in the pit so came out just behind the first 5 or 6 cars. Lesson learnt J

Nurburgring, first of all apologies to Geezer1791 on first corner of 5th lap. I braked a tad late. Not sure what you guys do in these situations but I waited till he was going again. (I was shunted off track a few races later but the other driver carried on. No problem with that, and to be fair I had to slow because of a car in front of me, but what is the way you guys do it in these situations?) Anyway, back to the race. This time I knew I had to pit. Spotted the pit lane a few laps before I needed it, all going well. Chose my lap to come in, did not take any rubber, and then (another lesson learnt), did not take any bloody fuel! Hit the no fuel button. Came out of the pits with .3 of a lap in the tank. Decided to park up and watch you guys race by. Once you all had passed I decided to try and limp round to the pits. Just made it and carried on, albeit a lap down.

So the next race, Mount Panorama. How the hell did I end up on pole? I have not been around that circuit since GTR2. Oh dear, this might be a problem. I had intended to sit at the back and follow you all round while trying to learn the track. Instead I was a mobile chicane, and to anyone I may have pissed off, sorry about that! (I do not race a lot of circuits and only in daily races so it might take me a while to get up to speed with you Geezers) And the biggest apology for the last corner on lap last lap, where I was dumping a time penalty. Thought I had the time to do it, wrong. I screwed Geezer up L Note to self; choose a better time and place.

Maggiore 11 was another track I have not spent time on so please excuse any slowness in the wrong places

Miyabi. I felt like the ball in a pinball table hahaha on lap 2. And the replay confirmed it J Worth a look to be fair. It seemed the more the races went on the more ‘competitive’ it became.

As for the last race Blue Moon. And yet another lesson learnt! And that is to remember to hit the enter button before I go for a smoke. As I sat back down the race was started, I am desperately trying to hit the enter button, but to no avail. L Sat and spectated though. What a race, great stuff J

Overall. ABSOLUTELY MOST DEFINATELY ENJOYED ALL OF IT! What a real blast and cannot wait to race with you guys again.

Well, after my first races with you Geezers and after watching the replays, I reckon I should let you know my thoughts on this experience. I have not raced since the old GTR2 NoGrip days, apart from the Daily Races (daily idiot races) on GTS.

Yamagiwa 11 was going well until I noticed cars pitting. Bloody hell I had not even thought of that, looked at my fuel gauge and saw that I needed to pit. Where was the pit lane? Anyway found it but had slowed down too much and was slow in the pit so came out just behind the first 5 or 6 cars. Lesson learnt J

Nurburgring, first of all apologies to Geezer1791 on first corner of 5th lap. I braked a tad late. Not sure what you guys do in these situations but I waited till he was going again. (I was shunted off track a few races later but the other driver carried on. No problem with that, and to be fair I had to slow because of a car in front of me, but what is the way you guys do it in these situations?) Anyway, back to the race. This time I knew I had to pit. Spotted the pit lane a few laps before I needed it, all going well. Chose my lap to come in, did not take any rubber, and then (another lesson learnt), did not take any bloody fuel! Hit the no fuel button. Came out of the pits with .3 of a lap in the tank. Decided to park up and watch you guys race by. Once you all had passed I decided to try and limp round to the pits. Just made it and carried on, albeit a lap down.

So the next race, Mount Panorama. How the hell did I end up on pole? I have not been around that circuit since GTR2. Oh dear, this might be a problem. I had intended to sit at the back and follow you all round while trying to learn the track. Instead I was a mobile chicane, and to anyone I may have pissed off, sorry about that! (I do not race a lot of circuits and only in daily races so it might take me a while to get up to speed with you Geezers) And the biggest apology for the last corner on lap last lap, where I was dumping a time penalty. Thought I had the time to do it, wrong. I screwed Geezer up L Note to self; choose a better time and place.

Maggiore 11 was another track I have not spent time on so please excuse any slowness in the wrong places

Miyabi. I felt like the ball in a pinball table hahaha on lap 2. And the replay confirmed it J Worth a look to be fair. It seemed the more the races went on the more ‘competitive’ it became.

As for the last race Blue Moon. And yet another lesson learnt! And that is to remember to hit the enter button before I go for a smoke. As I sat back down the race was started, I am desperately trying to hit the enter button, but to no avail. L Sat and spectated though. What a race, great stuff J

Overall. ABSOLUTELY MOST DEFINATELY ENJOYED ALL OF IT! What a real blast and cannot wait to race with you guys again.

You did very well Steve, we enjoyed your participating in our events and look forward to your joining us every chance you can. As for starting up front, the host(s) always set the default as reverse grid from previous race. What I do - as I am oft times at the pole, I slide off to the nearest side and let the gents fly around me,, then I sit back, drive at my pace as best I can and enjoy. Occassionally if there's enough calamaty that allows me to slip past some I'll get lucky and have a respectable finish - YEAYYY! But I'm just as happy to be at the back of the pack. I'm not really all that slow and can post some pretty decent times in the TT's but when it comes to racing I'm terrible at dealing with the pressure of leading or trying to hold position mid pack. I'm just happy to hang with the Geezers for a few hours each week and play an absolutely wonderfully fun game. Welcome to the fun world of the GTP-Geezers and we'll see you again buddy!!

Back