GT Sport Gr.N - How does it work?

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 41 comments
Kaz said "you won't be able to make a 1000hp GTR", as in performance. Racing Modifications are a already built if you remember them. Other than that, I just hate seeing a duplicated car list, there's just a spoiler and kit added to the car with slight improved performance.

Yes, and one would infer that means you aren't going to be upgrading any cars to your tastes. Sure, they could have an automatic system to upgrade a car to the next class but it would be pretty pointless, might as well just have each version already there.

Duplicated car lists is PDs speciality, remember.

Yes, and one would infer that means you aren't going to be upgrading any cars to your tastes. Sure, they could have an automatic system to upgrade a car to the next class but it would be pretty pointless, might as well just have each version already there.

Duplicated car lists is PDs speciality, remember.
Did Kaz make the "no 1000hp GTR" comment or similar no-tuning comments after the delay was announced? You could probably guess where my mind is going with that. I don't care much about tuning or typical GT career modes at this point, but for the many people that will haz sad if GTS really is GT7 and they are missing - fingers crossed for you.

I could see heavy tuning being a tricky thing to reconcile with their planned grouping system. It is very hit-or-miss with the PP system. Just doesn't seem to jive well with real simulation. It feels less like adding power and lightness to a car to make it faster, and more like dialing up the "arcade" knob to achieve the same. At least GT6 feels like that to me sometimes. I do love the ecosystem GT tuning creates though. Especially 500pp non-race car events. You'll have Ferrari's lining up with Civics and everything in between, surprisingly fast and fun racing. I would miss all of that in GT Sport.

Also the only reason I'm commenting in this thread is because every time I see it I think of a certain part of the song Miracles by ICP. (Disclaimer: I am not nor have I ever been an ICP fan, just love the bit about magnets.)

Did Kaz make the "no 1000hp GTR" comment or similar no-tuning comments after the delay was announced? You could probably guess where my mind is going with that. I don't care much about tuning or typical GT career modes at this point, but for the many people that will haz sad if GTS really is GT7 and they are missing - fingers crossed for you.

I could see heavy tuning being a tricky thing to reconcile with their planned grouping system. It is very hit-or-miss with the PP system. Just doesn't seem to jive well with real simulation. It feels less like adding power and lightness to a car to make it faster, and more like dialing up the "arcade" knob to achieve the same. At least GT6 feels like that to me sometimes. I do love the ecosystem GT tuning creates though. Especially 500pp non-race car events. You'll have Ferrari's lining up with Civics and everything in between, surprisingly fast and fun racing. I would miss all of that in GT Sport.

Also the only reason I'm commenting in this thread is because every time I see it I think of a certain part of the song Miracles by ICP. (Disclaimer: I am not nor have I ever been an ICP fan, just love the bit about magnets.)

Yes I see what you're getting at, and it was before the delay, but then as you also say unless they ditch the entire grouping system I don't see how performance modifications could work. For everything to stay balanced the upgrade paths would have to be pre-determined, in which case, they might as well have that ready made instead of a token feeling of upgrading by clicking a "Gr.4 mod" button on the road car.

Forza has an automatic upgrade optiom.(I doubt PD know about that, since they don't look at other games). It could be an option. It's supposed to be easy to play, 7-77 and all that.

Now I know, real racing drivers have input into what they want to feel in the car and the engineer provides it. So, of course the cars can be set up by default. Hence a Mustang or Genesis for each Group(we have yet to see a Gr.4 Mustang). Maybe for new players and veterans of GT, there are those auto upgrade options for certain cars.

If the cars are different, it can be said we know some of these cars make up the remaining 48 cars:

GROUP N - N100 (2)

Mazda Roadster S (ND)
Toyota SF-R

GROUP N - N200 (4)

Alfa Romeo 4c Launch Edition + Gr.B(?)
Peugeot 208 GTi + Gr.4
Toyota GT-86 + Gr.4
Volkswagen Golf VII GTI + Gr.4

GROUP N - N300 (5)

Audi TTS Coupe + Gr.4, Gr.B(?)
Ford Focus ST + Gr.4
Lotus Evora + Gr.4, Gr.B(?)
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X Final Edition
Subaru WRX STI Type S

GROUP N - N400 (6)

Aston Martin V8 Vantage S + Gr.4, Gr.B(?)
BMW M4 Coupe + Gr.4, Gr.B(?)
Ford Mustang GT Premium Fastback
Lexus RC-F + Gr.3
Mercedes Benz A45 AMG 4MATIC '13 + Gr.4, Gr.B(?)
Toyota S-FR Racing Concept

GROUP N - Safety (2)

Mercedes-Benz Mercedes-AMG GT S Safety Car
BMW M4 Coupe Safety Car

GROUP N - Unknown Sub-Group (14)

Alfa Romeo Mito 1.4 T Sport + Gr.4, Gr.B(?)
Aston Martin One-77
Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
Chevrolet Camaro SS '16 + Gr.4, Gr.3, Gr.B(?)
Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat + Gr.4
Ferrari LaFerrari
Honda NSX '17 + Gr.4, Gr.3
Jaguar F-Type R Coupe + Gr.4
Lamborghini Veneno
McLaren 650S + Gr.4
Mercedes-Benz Mercedes-AMG GT S + Gr.4
Nissan GTR 2012 + Gr.4
Nissan GTR 2017 + Gr.4
Renault Sport Megane R.S. + Gr.4, Gr.B(?)

A possible 28 cars can make up the remaining 48. If we add each car as different model the way PD has done.
We can see from TAS build, the Camaro SS and M4 Safety car are in N400
gt09.jpg

We can see from TAS build, the Camaro SS and M4 Safety car are in N400
gt09.jpg
Nice. 👍
These are the little nuggets of info. I like to see in these images or footage.

It's actually showing a Lexus RC F '14 as N500.
And interestingly it doesn't have a racing number on the door, so I assume not the Gr.4 model?
The Camaro SS follows in order, so I guess that's also N500.

To my knowledge it's the first time we've heard of, let alone seen, anything regarding N class higher than N400.

Nice. 👍
These are the little nuggets of info. I like to see in these images or footage.

It's actually showing a Lexus RC F '14 as N500.
And interestingly it doesn't have a racing number on the door, so I assume not the Gr.4 model?
The Camaro SS follows in order, so I guess that's also N500.

To my knowledge it's the first time we've heard of, let alone seen, anything regarding N class higher than N400.
It's a bit weird about the order. Its certainly not alphabetical. Probably not power wise either. The Mustang is before the Aston and the Aston is before the BMWs. I'm sure the Aston has more power than the M4s.

Edit: just looked at some power figures
'15 Mustang GT Premium- 435hp
'15 Vantage V8- 430hp
'14 M4- 424hp
Maybe it goes most to least in Japan?
The RC F has near 471hp
The SS 455hp

That S-FR must be making some serious power to be last before N500. Now I/we( I guess) know the game isn't finished. So, these builds can be from whenever. And yes, I think it is the first time we've seen an N higher than N400.

Last edited:
It's a bit weird about the order. Its certainly not alphabetical. Probably not power wise either. The Mustang is before the Aston and the Aston is before the BMWs. I'm sure the Aston has more power than the M4s.

Edit: just looked at some power figures
'15 Mustang GT Premium- 435hp
'15 Vantage V8- 430hp
'14 M4- 424hp
Maybe it goes most to least in Japan?

That S-FR must be making some serious power to be last before N500. Now I/we( I guess) know the game isn't finished. So, these builds can be from whenever. And yes, I think it is the first time we've seen an N higher than N400.
I would be happy to state the order of the list is certainly in the order of N classes.
And therefore the SS is N500.

And also that this is the latest, greatest build.

I don't subscribe to the N classes being based purely on BHP figures.
I'm fairly certain some license is used more related to power/weight/performance than simple engine numbers to class these cars into N groups.

I would be happy to state the order of the list is certainly in the order of N classes.
And therefore the SS is N500.

And also that this is the latest, greatest build.

I don't subscribe to the N classes being based purely on BHP figures.
I'm fairly certain some license is used more related to power/weight/performance than simple engine numbers to class these cars into N groups.
I took note the M4 does have more torque then the Aston, but I didn't get too much into power to weight.

I took note the M4 does have more torque then the Aston, but I didn't get too much into power to weight.
Yes, I have no clue how, for example, the cars in N300 are listed in the order they are.
I assume it's possibly random, but perhaps there is a system they use. :confused:

They're probably not too bothered about the exact order in a demo build but I agree it's definitely going up in terms of N, which makes the Lexus and Camaro SS N500. Which is a change, because the Lexus was N400 in previous builds.

Back