GT Sport Hacks?

• Thread starter Voodoovaj
  • 203 comments
I found this on Scoobs youtube channel so far the only time I have seen something that could be considered hacking ...

Skip to 45:38 to see the beginning of the actual event.. He goes on to analyse it through replays.

WOW! I have seen the same thing - unfortunately not recorded...... BAD *****!! Let's fight the hackers please - !!

Looks like it is lag. You can clearly see guy's poor connection yellow bars and down to two. So no wonder he catched the lag and then the game synchronised: picture and time. I've seen some similar effects from the South African players when they are playing on one or two bars of connection indicator.

Didn't switch sound on in the video, but I guess he was also streaming with that dodgy connection speed.

I did see a driver, from same country, that was top 3 on board, drop like a rock during the race once. Not from spinning either. I can't recall who it was. I just remember thinking why is a top 10 falling so fast when they qualified nearly 2 secs faster than the field.

Been thinking about this, and one possible explanation would be an accident that caused damage... Dragon's Trail is infamous for car killing incidents at that chicane, and having been a victim there, my car has shown flashing red at times which significantly slows me down. Could that be it??? It's only temporary, but it can make a difference for losing spots quickly.

Cheers

Looks like lag, not "hacks". Sure the "lag switch" thing is possible, but very unlikely. I used to get that sort of thing all the time in Forza. Dropped packets, but not a full loss of connection. Usually the car would teleport around the track, sometimes sideways. It's why I would just do non-contact racing most of the time on there, the lag, well that and also because almost half of the people who play that game are just the absolute worst kind of scumbags.

Been thinking about this, and one possible explanation would be an accident that caused damage... Dragon's Trail is infamous for car killing incidents at that chicane, and having been a victim there, my car has shown flashing red at times which significantly slows me down. Could that be it??? It's only temporary, but it can make a difference for losing spots quickly.

Cheers
In the case I mentioned the driver never made up any of the lost positions. It made me think someone else ran their qualifying or something.

You are right though. That has happened to me as well.

I did see a driver, from same country, that was top 3 on board, drop like a rock during the race once. Not from spinning either. I can't recall who it was. I just remember thinking why is a top 10 falling so fast when they qualified nearly 2 secs faster than the field
Maybe he had a few drinks since qualy and was drunk lol.

I still wonder if some people are able to swap tire compunds.

People are almost exactly lapping the same time difference one would get if they used RS instead of RH.

Don't know how to upload the replay saved, so I will explain.

Completed two daily races with on Alscace today.
First race- he starts 3rd, me 10th, when the count down finishes he pulls over to the pit entrance, thus becomes last, half a lap later, he is in first place, the race finishes two minutes before us 2nd to 5th guys finish.
Second race straight after, he does the same thing, race finishes while us 2nd to 4th have still a lap to go.
I saved the replay of the second race and watched the race positions on the circuit map, he starts the race in third place, then his marker stops at the pit entrance. The rest of the field motor away, then suddenly he starts moving from the pit entrance and is instantly first, winning the race by one lap !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know how to upload the replay saved, so I will explain.

Completed two daily races on Alscace today.
First race- he starts 3rd, me 10th, when the count down finishes he pulls over to the pit entrance, thus becomes last, half a lap later, he is in first place, the race finishes two minutes before us 2nd to 5th guys finish.
Second race straight after, he does the same thing, race finishes while us 2nd to 4th have still a lap to go.
I saved the replay of the second race and watched the race positions on the circuit map, he starts the race in third place, then his marker stops at the pit entrance. The rest of the field motor away, then suddenly he starts moving from the pit entrance and is instantly first, winning the race by one lap !!

It's a glitch not a hack, people usually use it against AI to get money quickly. Hopefully PD fix it soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found this on Scoobs youtube channel so far the only time I have seen something that could be considered hacking ...

Skip to 45:38 to see the beginning of the actual event.. He goes on to analyse it through replays.

I got hit by a laggy player one time and it was just like that. Unfortunately it knocked me straight off the track and not down a straight.

The fastest US time for the Gr.4s at Nurburgring the other day was a little strange. It was 0.7 seconds faster than any other time worldwide (that I know of) and is frankly not a great lap. Thoughts?

Last edited:
The fastest US time for the Gr.4s at Nurburgring the other day was a little strange. It was 0.7 seconds faster than any other time worldwide and is frankly not a great lap. Thoughts?

That lap looked pretty great to me.

Looks slow off some corners, handling looks a bit too grippy, and he had to re-calibrate his sat-nav at Dunlop as he made a right old mess of it.

How about cutting corners? I set the fastest lap of the race by far when I was rammed from behind on Interlagos turn 1 which made me almost completely bypass the S corners. I think I got a 6 second penalty but I was easily able to get rid of it during the slow corners later in the lap.

That lap looked pretty great to me.

If I drove like that I would expect to be 2-3 seconds off the lap record at least.

How about cutting corners? I set the fastest lap of the race by far when I was rammed from behind on Interlagos turn 1 which made me almost completely bypass the S corners. I think I got a 6 second penalty but I was easily able to get rid of it during the slow corners later in the lap.

That would be seen in replays, and if you're competing for top times scrubbing penalties is incredibly difficult, most corners it is virtually impossible so you wouldn't realistically be able to keep your advantage to beat a top time, only time I've seen it happen was at Willow Springs in the closed beta and they quickly fixed that.

I can't help but think that something is fishy.

Looking at the North American times, there's a 458 up there. I tried the 458 and the best I could do was in the high to mid 2:29's. I tried for a good fifteen minutes, knowing that I "should" be between 2-3 seconds slower. I was almost 4 seconds slower.

I hopped in the GT86 and boom, one second+ faster within a couple of laps.

So, if I can be over a second faster, couldn't that player also be a second faster in that car? Maybe it's just me, but if I were in the top ten and only a few tenths from #1, I sure would go for that top spot. Unless, you know, I was trying to cover up something fishy.

Of course, this could all be circumstantial.

The only thing about the possible exploiter that makes me suspicious is that when he leads the leaderboards, and you compare his driving style with Doodle, Orma_Snow, NZNZNZNZNZNZ, or IOF his line isn't smoothly kept or consistent as the ones just listed. He might be actually hitting these times but it does make you wonder how he's constantly getting up there. Especially considering the fact that it's only on Interlagos, Dragon Trail, and Nurburgring GP where he leads by like a full second..

Does anyone on GTPlanet have the ability to break down a replay still in GT Sport like in GT6 when it happened on that Monaco time trial and it turned out everyone was cheating except immortal near the top? Think it was downforce last time can't remember though.

The fastest US time for the Gr.4s at Nurburgring the other day was a little strange. It was 0.7 seconds faster than any other time worldwide (that I know of) and is frankly not a great lap. Thoughts?

What a ugly livery...but great lap

Guys it simple. Open a lobby and i will join. Its stupid to discuss about that.

I'm not sure how you joining a lobby is going to help explain why your lap looks so strange. Can you maybe give us some insight as to why your lap looks so slow (with multiple mistakes) yet is so fast? Out of interest, what controller do you use?

I'm not sure how you joining a lobby is going to help explain why your lap looks so strange. Can you maybe give us some insight as to why your lap looks so slow (with multiple mistakes) yet is so fast? Out of interest, what controller do you use?

Simple answer he likes to cut corners, Even Stevie Wonder can see that :sly:

Back