GT Sport Livery Editor Thread

• Thread starter Snaeper
  • 3,669 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe asking too much, but I wonder if there's a paint style/decal/whatever option to give a carbon weave look? Even current GT cars use carbon bodywork so would look pretty cool.
Screenshot_20170927-163052-picsay.jpg

There was a way I did it in Forza but I can not remember for the life of me how I did it
You go to paint and select carbon fiber, that's it.

Has anything been said about restrictions on the import feature yet?

Maybe asking too much, but I wonder if there's a paint style/decal/whatever option to give a carbon weave look? Even current GT cars use carbon bodywork so would look pretty cool.View attachment 675760

I'm also interested in this. It has yet to be seen if there is a Carbon fibre texture swatch or similar. I like the idea of creating certian decal shapes and applying a carbon texture to give the impression of carbon trim part likes skirts and such. Since it seems we can't really kit the cars with acutal mods/parts.

Has anything been said about restrictions on the import feature yet?

Not to my knowledge, I also don't think we know what formats it will support yet. I want to know that too.

Maybe asking too much, but I wonder if there's a paint style/decal/whatever option to give a carbon weave look? Even current GT cars use carbon bodywork so would look pretty cool.View attachment 675760

I imagine you could just import a Carbon Fiber Background, then scale it accordingly. Afterwards apply the decals you want.

I imagine you could just import a Carbon Fiber Background, then scale it accordingly. Afterwards apply the decals you want.

I suppose that would work but scaling could be an issue, along with the number of decals needed for the car's entire body and other parts of the livery.

How many times would this image need to be copy/pasted on a car and at the correct scale?

upload_2017-9-28_0-25-35.png

Dan
I suppose that would work but scaling could be an issue, along with the number of decals needed for the car's entire body and other parts of the livery.

How many times would this image need to be copy/pasted on a car and at the correct scale?

View attachment 675856

Admittingly, it would depend on the max limit of scaling (and the size limit of decals, not sure if anything close to 1280x640 for instance would even be possible to import) but it could be possible to take that and cover in maybe 6 layers or less (Though that also depends on the car as well).

Admittingly, it would depend on the max limit of scaling (and the size limit of decals, not sure if anything close to 1280x640 for instance would even be possible to import) but it could be possible to take that and cover in maybe 6 layers or less (Though that also depends on the car as well).
It depends on the dimensions of the actual image you're using to scale. You can't use an image that's 200x200 and scale it over the whole car as each weave is going to be humongous and extremely distorted. However, depending on the importing feature, you can put those and line them up on a larger file dimension and then upload it.

We just have to know the specifics of the editor, to be honest.

In regards to the carbon fibre thing, sure we could just use an imported image element and as mentioned the issue would then be a matter of scale.

But I'd rather they had an in-built texture swatch because it would most likely have a more accurate finish to the surface of the material, so that the light reacts to it properly to make it appear more realistic. Given PD's attention to detail in the graphics department this would be ideal, but i'm not sure this will be the case.

Still one can hope.

Either way i'm still pleased at what we are getting. 👍

Has anyone seen if you can twist and skew a shape like in Forza? I cant say I have. I have just seen move, spin and increase/decrease size.

Last edited:
I know you will be able to share cutom liveries and if the editor is in fact good then I'm guessing there will be healthy livery community in GT planet and the web. Hope the editor is better than expected, if it is I might spend more time editing than actual racing.

Reactions: GPR
The blog post doesn't mention the fact we can create custom decals in the demo.

In all cases, it's the number one aspect I'm looking forward too. Can't wait to see what you guys create.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back