GT Sport Manufacturer Series 2019 Details Revealed

So maybe there isn't going to be a patch to fix the uneven tyre wear in group 4. I honestly thought they would have done something as the Alfa and the GT86 are a little too good on their tyre life.

Oh well, time to try and figure out an unpopular manufacturer so I have a chance of making the top 2 just in case :)

And so Manufacturers' place as a B series in PD's eyes is entrenched.

It was looking very promising a few months ago, but PD's idiosyncrasies have again denied us an interesting new draft style format with proper Manufacturer support and now we have last year but with less slots and more bloody tyre wear :lol:

FF Gr4 cars will suffer, so I'm happy to my Chevrolet brand choice :D

ps: Thanks and always an honor to illustrate an article.

Is there a good current BoP/performance comparison/"meta" available somewhere? Am pretty to go with Mercedes, but am interested either way.

Also correct me if I'm wrong, but won't the really good drivers have kind of an advantage in just going with Toyota as it qualifies automatically?

I think it's too early to judge anything yet. This is the pre-season, after all. And I really do wonder if that race at Autopolis does feature provided cars, or if that was a typo. Ideally, in a future season (either in GT Sport or the next game), I'd like to see both more automakers being eligible, and more than just Gr.3 & Gr.4 being the featured classes. On the other hand, those two classes *do* seem comparatively uniform, too, so I can understand why they'd wanna mostly stick with them.

Once again, I said the tyre wear multiplier isn't needed. PD should just use the tyre graph in the set up menu. They should also l;abel the tracks as "Abrasive" "Smooth" or "High grip" "Low grip" surfaces. It would still be the same outcome. There are players that test and some that don't. Some players rely on the community for quick info on what tyres they should use. Whether it's simple math or not, real racing doesn't use a multiplier. It's really not needed. If there are 11 laps or 100 laps, the program doesn't have to show it's x19 wear. It just computes: 2 lap race, abrasive surface, player is using RH tyre. Done.

Ultimately it's up to the manufacturers as far as support goes. Hopefully they will want to get onboard to develop this series more. Kaz said he wants to develop manufacturers so we know their trying.

At the championship event the Aston Martin team made a video and PD sent it to Aston.. presumably this is for getting more support but we'll have to wait and see.

I'd like to see more depth to these series personally. Just Gr.3 and 4 is kinda meh.. particularly with the limited selection some teams have as far as car choices. Alfa just has 1 car for both classes.

Ultimately it's up to the manufacturers as far as support goes. Hopefully they will want to get onboard to develop this series more. Kaz said he wants to develop manufacturers so we know their trying.

At the championship event the Aston Martin team made a video and PD sent it to Aston.. presumably this is for getting more support but we'll have to wait and see.

I'd like to see more depth to these series personally. Just Gr.3 and 4 is kinda meh.. particularly with the limited selection some teams have as far as car choices. Alfa just has 1 car for both classes.
This is where something like introducing new series like TCR, come into play. As it stands, a few brands have all the cars, from Gr.4 to Gr.1(current LMP), in their arsenal. TCR have many brands like GT3. Probably more. It could also side step a formula, like Super Formula does to the W08 and F1500.

So who is everyone picking this time round? Or staying with the same as before? I was Volkswagen last time so will have a change. Mercedes or Lexus i think. Mazda any good?

So who is everyone picking this time round? Or staying with the same as before? I was Volkswagen last time so will have a change. Mercedes or Lexus i think. Mazda any good?

I can't decide whether or not to stay with Ford. I really like the Mustangs but also fancy a change. I'm considering Mercedes or Porsche.

Prior to Ford I was with Mazda. The Gr.3 Atenza is solid but I struggled with the Gr.4. Tyre wear in particular was pretty bad. That could have just been my driving though.

I think it's too early to judge anything yet. This is the pre-season, after all. And I really do wonder if that race at Autopolis does feature provided cars, or if that was a typo. Ideally, in a future season (either in GT Sport or the next game), I'd like to see both more automakers being eligible, and more than just Gr.3 & Gr.4 being the featured classes. On the other hand, those two classes *do* seem comparatively uniform, too, so I can understand why they'd wanna mostly stick with them.

In order to use more than just Gr4 and Gr3 cars, all the eligible manufacturers would have to have at least one car in every class that was going to be used for the Series and they don’t.

Guys, I could use some advice. I've been out of the game for the most part for a few months now and don't know what tire wear is like anymore considering the high wear rates. Am I an idiot for considering McLaren? Is Mercedes and Lexus still strong? I plan on doing some testing this weekend but any advice you guys can give would be great. At the moment I am considering Mclaren (simply because the cars are beautiful), Lexus, Merc, Dodge, and maybe Toyota.

I can't decide whether or not to stay with Ford. I really like the Mustangs but also fancy a change. I'm considering Mercedes or Porsche.

Prior to Ford I was with Mazda. The Gr.3 Atenza is solid but I struggled with the Gr.4. Tyre wear in particular was pretty bad. That could have just been my driving though.

Was gonna ask about Ford. I've not driven the Gr.4 Mustang. Are they thirsty or have bad tyre wear?

Was gonna ask about Ford. I've not driven the Gr.4 Mustang. Are they thirsty or have bad tyre wear?

Before I give any advice please know I am a middling DR:B driver who has only achieved mediocre results at FIA events!

That stated, I've found the Gr.4 Mustang suffers from slight understeer. I've found as long as you don't push too hard in the corners the tyre wear is manageable. I keep the brake balance towards the rear, which helps tyre wear and helps with cornering which is a weak point in comparison to other cars. Likewise with fuel consumption, in FIA I usually play the long game with short shifting and drafting as much as possible in the early stages and push towards the end. As such fuel consumption hasn't caused me problems apart from one time I ran out before the last corner at Lago Maggiore. That was me dropping the ball though.

For someone of my skill level the Mustangs are very forgiving and seem mostly competitive. I recommend them, especially as one of the lesser represented manufacturers on EMEA servers (I was often the only one). I'm just wondering about a change for myself.

Before I give any advice please know I am a middling DR:B driver who has only achieved mediocre results at FIA events!

Sounds like it will be good advice to me as a fellow DR:B driver! Think i'll be B forever haha :)

In order to use more than just Gr4 and Gr3 cars, all the eligible manufacturers would have to have at least one car in every class that was going to be used for the Series and they don’t.

Well, if that’s really the only factor, then I could name a bunch of cars the currently eligible automakers could use as Gr.1 cars. For example, Chevrolet could use the Corvette C7 DPi, while Alfa Romeo, Ferrari, and Lamborghini could respectively use the SE 048SP, 333SP, and Countach QVX. But idk what I’d do for Mitsubishi, Subaru, Citroën, and Renault. Maybe request another VGT lol? It may be better to simply try adding more Gr.4 and Gr.3 cars to expand the list of eligible automakers instead, potentially for Bugatti or Alpine.

EDIT: Perhaps a compromise could be made, wherein some automakers could be added while others may be removed, but ultimately, there’d be a net increase in eligible automakers. We’re still not 100% sure on what defines Gr.2, either...

EDIT2: In real-world motorsport, plenty of teams/automakers come and go, right? Just look at Formula 1 - we used to have BMW, Toyota, Caterham, and Marussia among others. And with how Gr.3 can also include GTE, FIA GT, and Super GT300 cars - and maybe even selected racing concepts like the 2019 Nismo Leaf RC - these two groups could have a much better chance to have more automakers than the comparatively exclusive Gr.1. Ideally, we'll get a more firm definition of what defines Gr.2 at some point, too - I'm hoping it could be more than just Super GT500 cars. It could include DTM cars (that is, if that Twitter conversation with Kaz, saying DTM doesn't wanna license their cars, wasn't true...) as well as late-90s GT1 cars, like the CLK-GTR and R390.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back