GT Sport (November) Update Theory Discussion

Maserati GranTurismo S 2008.png
Subaru Impreza 22B-STi 1998.jpg

When you start a sentence by "It is possible that..." you are speculating about an outcome that may or may not become reality. In other words: you're theorizing. Your logic may be more grounded or less grounded on reality but the truth is, in theory, any car is possible. Just some more likely than others. All in all, we have very little information to go on about the contents of this update. It's only natural that most of this thread will be speculation.
You have confused what theory means. There is no theorizing within this thread, it is however pure speculation and attempted fan predictions.

Its not a money issue lol
PD have made hundreds of millions from GT. Its a simple time issue. The only way to alleviate is to employ more people which PD are very slow at. They don't outsource bar the rare occasion.

PD are the ones creating this time problem, themselves. Their unwillingness to outsource is something I don't understand as there are companies out there that can match and even exceed their modelling requirements. As long as the end product has the quality that's expected, who cares if they do it, or someone else? They'll always need to give their final approval on the model anyway.

I don't buy the fewer employees as a problem, as they have around 200 of them, according to the last known count. That's by no means a small team. 6 months per car, give or take? Industry standard at this point. As you yourself pointed out, two paragraphs below, the biggest problem their are facing is their own priority choices. They choose not to focus on what they should.

Eh its common for devs to hold content back as you have to realise that the next GT is already in development. They aren't going to release everything as DLC as that will just mean the next GT will have no new content.

So no game will ever reach its zenith. PD will forever lag behind because they need to hold back for their eventual next project. There's a saying that goes somewhat like this: if you worry too much about the future, you forget how the live the present. If constant future-proofing is their mentality, this phrase applies to PD. So worried about what might be, that they don't give the proper attention to what is. As unlikely as it may be, who knows, they may not have the chance to make their next GT the way they want to right now.

I also don't think it matters for a game like GT that has such a wide range of time periods for vehicles. New cars will be seen as new cars even if they are 2-20 years old from production.

It's all relative. A car that's never been in the series before may be, technically, 'new' but that doesn't mean it's new to the automotive world in general. Those who like cars will notice the outdated status of the available selection. You don't have to have the models revealed just a few months ago, but it's important to have things stay, at least, within a range. Two years is good, actually, depending also on the car.

One final thing to address you is, licensing could become harder for PD because of their 'take their time' attitude. With games becoming increasingly more realistic, car manufacturers begin to approach developers, instead of the other way around. They see the potential of realistic racing games as great advertising opportunities to reach huge audiences and give them the chance to, no only, see their new car but try it as well. If PD approaches a car company and asks them: "Can we model your latest car for our next game?", the company is happy and says: "Sure!". PD then replies: "Great! We should have our game out 3 years from now. Look forward to it!". The company is going to be like: "What?... But by then we'll have other things we want to show. That car will start being discontinued." The companies like it when their cars are relevant, not when they are already on their way out.

Not everyone is a fan of new cars though. I personally hate them, actually.

And I don't find classics very appealing. Don't hate them though. Let's all have a space for our favorite cars? Also, more people are more likely to recognize what they've seen in a car magazine, or TV ad, recently, than something from decades ago.

You have confused what theory means. There is no theorizing within this thread, it is however pure speculation and attempted fan predictions.

Many, so called, theories, in the world of science, have fallen flat after new information has come to light. With so little information to go on, the line between one and the other can get very blurry.

Last edited:
The line between a wishlist and a theory is not so blurred, and a theory without so much as a principle rule is not a theory.

There are definitely posts around here that are just a wishlist. Those pop up a bit everywhere. Though, I'd disagree about most of the thread being wishlisting. I think most posts do have, at least, a small base on which to have a case and they are a guess at what may be coming in this next update.

There is no guessing lmao. Literally there's nothing to logically guess by. The car updates have been more or less random selection of cars with no real theme, so saying you want a Seat cause of a Maserati is just dumb. Granted, saying a GR3/GT4 whatever of the Maserati isn't too far stretched, except for there being no concrete evidence, afaik, they haven't added anymore custom Group cars of their own design since release.

And there's also a huge, huge difference between wishlists and aiming for a number. We're currently sitting at 87 cars added, another 13 would put it at 100. 100 in a year if a big, big accomplishment and statement for a game to make. 13 also isn't super far fetched for an amount, that's how many was added in March.

The only time you can properly guess (read as: not pulling a car name out of your ass) is when the car silhouettes get posted, so until then, there's no point.

Plus there is nothing to theory about. So the title itself is a bit funny.
Even with the photo of a Pagani from instagram we can't really theorize when it'll come (now or later). It's all guesses.

I don't mind guessing or whatever fantasize, i hope they add one of the Chaparral cars and more Alfa Romeo either way

This thread should have GT6 returns guess game in title lel
My prediction list reasons
-few race cars of some kind + 1 VGT
Its kinda wierd not to have some race cars for an update. Each update had at least one racecar. Based on GT5 Spec II update which had Touring Cars, karts, a Red Bull machine, and GT6 which had three VGTs, they could bring both.
-Cizeta Moroder V16T '91 (N600)
Since its obscure and Gran Turismo exclusive, it could get added. Also it would be a new brand. Also it was premiumised for GT6, just like 2000GT, Countach and Sauber which were added in updates.
-Mercedes 300SL Gullwing '54 (N200)
It is very prominient car in Gran Turismo. It was featured in lots of missions and licenses in series. Mission 34 makes it relevant alone. Its a matter of time when it gets added. It is extremely important car generally.
-Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione '07 (N500)
Since there is a lack of Alfa Romeos, this car could return. Maserati kinda lowers its chances.
-Lexus LF-A Nurburgring Package '11 (N600) (or '10 (N600))
Any LFA or both could return. Its V10 and Japanese. It was very popular.
-Light Car Company Rocket '07 (N200) (Gr.X)
It is very exclusive and capable car. It would be OP in N200. Oddball.
-Mazda Eunos Roadster '91 (N100)
Basically sooner or later. It was in all mainline GTs, had lots of variants, most popular small roadster and along with Skyline, Supra, Lancer, Impreza, RX7, NSX, S2000 and so on one of the most talked about JDM.
-Mercedes SLR McLaren '09 (N600)
Just like Gullwing, this car was also popular and was featured in lots of challenges including Mission 34.
-Ferrari 288 GTO '84 (N400)
Very important car for GT and generally as a car like F40. It would be a beast and it is basically is a race car homolgated for road use.
-NEW Porsche 935 Hommage '18 (Gr.X)
Considering that Porsches are in GT now, this car could come. Also it is new and is a tribute to very successful original car.
-RETURN Mitsubishi FTO GP Version R '99 (N200)
Kaz owned one, it was in most GTs in different versions. It could be picked because it isn't that featured in games. 22B lowers the chance.
-Deep Forest
Out of all trinity tracks, it could appear in this update most likely. It is worked on and its a matter of time when will it come.
-Spa and/or Laguna Seca
Very popular and requested tracks. Spa is basically a track that could be GT6 remaster, Laguna Seca could be featured in next NatCup. Laguna Seca was featured in most of GT games, also.

Unless they scanned it at the time you mean?
Always did puzzle me why the Furai was the only GTPSP debuting car that never got a premium version. I thought they would've scanned it and all way back when GT PSP was in production but apparently not. The Enzo, the ZR1, the GT-R all came back for GT5 in the premium car section. The Countaches and the Veyron came for GT6 but the Furai never did, atleast so far.

-Mercedes 300SL Gullwing '54 (N200)
It is very prominient car in Gran Turismo. It was featured in lots of missions and licenses in series. Mission 34 makes it relevant alone. Its a matter of time when it gets added. It is extremely important car generally.
The 300SL is pretty much one of the major important faces of the Mercedes and Gran Turismo in terms of historical car and sports.
Also can't forget the AMG Driving Academy in GT5, Beginner Sector 2 was a nightmare :lol:

Have you guys noticed the italian section of Brand Central is full of one-car-only makes? Fiat, De Tomaso, Lancia, Zagato and now Maserati is joining. I know it's just a small detail and it may change in the future, but it just seems a bit uncomfortable this way lol

Always did puzzle me why the Furai was the only GTPSP debuting car that never got a premium version. I thought they would've scanned it and all way back when GT PSP was in production but apparently not. The Enzo, the ZR1, the GT-R all came back for GT5 in the premium car section. The Countaches and the Veyron came for GT6 but the Furai never did, atleast so far.
Could be related to the Furai being destroyed, perhaps PD would've needed to rescan it to make it premium.

And I don't find classics very appealing. Don't hate them though. Let's all have a space for our favorite cars? Also, more people are more likely to recognize what they've seen in a car magazine, or TV ad, recently, than something from decades ago.
What does recognition have to do with anything? More kids today probably recognize Donald Trump and fewer would probably recognize John F Kennedy, but I'm pretty sure folks in general agree that Kennedy was a better president.

Also, the E30 M3 was the most wanted car to be added to the game, by this community, and it's 30 years old.

Don't assume you're the majority just because you think a certain way.

I have a lot of car requests. The car roster has so many holes that I literally have to put my list in a spoiler tag to not make this page 40 miles long.
Mazda MX-5 (NA) '89
Mazda MX-5 1.8 RS (NB, J) '98

Mazda MX-5 1600 NR-A (NB, J) '04

Mazda MX-5 1800 RS (NB, J) '00

Mazda MX-5 1800 RS (NB, J) '04

Mazda MX-5 J-Limited (NA, J) '91

Mazda MX-5 J-Limited II (NA, J) '93

Mazda MX-5 Miata (NA) '89

Mazda MX-5 Miata 1.8 RS (NB, J) '98

Mazda MX-5 Miata 1600 NR-A (NB, J) '04

Mazda MX-5 Miata 1800 RS (NB, J) '00

Mazda MX-5 Miata 1800 RS (NB, J) '04

Mazda MX-5 Miata J-Limited (NA, J) '91

Mazda MX-5 Miata J-Limited II (NA, J) '93

Mazda MX-5 Miata SR-Limited (NA, J) '97

Mazda MX-5 Miata S-Special Type I (NA, J) '95

Mazda MX-5 Miata VR-Limited (NA, J) '95

Mazda MX-5 Miata V-Special Type II (NA, J) '93

Mazda MX-5 SR-Limited (NA, J) '97

Mazda MX-5 S-Special Type I (NA, J) '95

Mazda MX-5 VR-Limited (NA, J) '95

Mazda MX-5 V-Special Type II (NA, J) '93
though seriously, I hope we get at least one or two of the older miata's soon.

I have a lot of car requests. The car roster has so many holes that I literally have to put my list in a spoiler tag to not make this page 40 miles long.
Mazda MX-5 (NA) '89
Mazda MX-5 1.8 RS (NB, J) '98

Mazda MX-5 1600 NR-A (NB, J) '04

Mazda MX-5 1800 RS (NB, J) '00

Mazda MX-5 1800 RS (NB, J) '04

Mazda MX-5 J-Limited (NA, J) '91

Mazda MX-5 J-Limited II (NA, J) '93

Mazda MX-5 Miata (NA) '89

Mazda MX-5 Miata 1.8 RS (NB, J) '98

Mazda MX-5 Miata 1600 NR-A (NB, J) '04

Mazda MX-5 Miata 1800 RS (NB, J) '00

Mazda MX-5 Miata 1800 RS (NB, J) '04

Mazda MX-5 Miata J-Limited (NA, J) '91

Mazda MX-5 Miata J-Limited II (NA, J) '93

Mazda MX-5 Miata SR-Limited (NA, J) '97

Mazda MX-5 Miata S-Special Type I (NA, J) '95

Mazda MX-5 Miata VR-Limited (NA, J) '95

Mazda MX-5 Miata V-Special Type II (NA, J) '93

Mazda MX-5 SR-Limited (NA, J) '97

Mazda MX-5 S-Special Type I (NA, J) '95

Mazda MX-5 VR-Limited (NA, J) '95

Mazda MX-5 V-Special Type II (NA, J) '93
though seriously, I hope we get at least one or two of the older miata's soon.
The true hero in this thread. The one it really needs right now. :lol::lol::lol:

Kidding aside, the latest generation of the Miata is a looker. It's stunningly beautiful compared to some similar roadsters out there. If only they would bring this in the game someday..

Last edited:
Whats the last fantasy Gr.3/Gr.4 car we got? the last gr.4 car we got, was the Megane Trophy '11, but that's a real car. Kaz saying it takes about a year to make a fantasy Gr.3/Gr.4, Probably why we haven't seen one for a while and are now getting real cars.

Could be related to the Furai being destroyed, perhaps PD would've needed to rescan it to make it premium.
As true as this is, we can't forget that PD recreated the Isuzu concept car that was featured in GT5/GT6 from only photographs and the input of the designer(s). There wasn't an actual physical model they could just scan because the original had been dissembled in 1993.

If PD really wanted to model the Furai, it wouldn't be an issue with the amount of references available to them. Maybe Mazda just doesn't want it/won't allow it to be included in any videogames? I just looked and saw that the last Forza title it was featured in was FM4, so there could be something there.

Is it possible we might have two tracks in an update ? Like for example laguna seca & catalunya or is that very far fetched ?
If they release an American track they'd wait until the American finals to show it off.

Maybe alternative routes for Catalunya or an extra route from something we already have.

Also, the E30 M3 was the most wanted car to be added to the game, by this community, and it's 30 years old.

Yes, 'this community' is the key. A community of around 250K people (not all of which are here for GT, since this site covers other titles as well)... for a game that sells into the tens of millions. You'd be hard-pressed to think that's a majority or a necessarily representative measure of the average GT player. Most GT players don't spend time on the forums, that doesn't mean they don't have opinions as well. Your own sentence is appropriate here:

Don't assume you're the majority just because you think a certain way.

What does recognition have to do with anything?

Let me ask you a question: ever since GT started starring 'hero cars' in their box-art, how many have been classics or not in the public eye at the time of release?

None. GT4 released, in Japan, in 2004, featuring the 2004 Ford GT. GT5 released in 2010 and featured the 2010 Mercedes SLS AMG. GT6 released in 2013 and featured the 2013 Corvette C7 Stingray. Even GT Sport, where the car is less prominent, still features the Mercedes AMG GT S, a car very much in production and in the public's eye. If recognition played no role at all in helping get attention of new players, why does PD's marketing strategy focus on putting something contemporary on the cover? Why never a famous classic car like a Ferrari 250 GTO?

All these cars have a place in GT. But you're not going to easily attract the general public with the unfamiliar, like you would be able to with a car enthusiast (bear in mind that not all people who buy GT are already car enthusiasts, but become one through it). If you look back at my posts, I even say I'll be happy with just 30% for more recent machines, from the last 12 to 15 years or so. I don't want the classics to vanish.

Latest Posts

Back