GT Sport (November) Update Theory Discussion

Difficulty slider for AI VR opponent, I want a real challenge!

I set the AI at Pro level and raced a Gr3 car in a field of Gr2 cars and it isn't possible to win or even come close yet there are 2 stars left in the difficulty bar. The current settings of estimating difficulty are a little broken and changing many custom options to make it harder don't have much of an effect.

More VR would be good for sure ! Framerate is a problem but graphics in VR are already lower quality... Plus, you can drive along with 2 ghosts, so why not with a "small" grid like 6 or 8 AI cars :) even if it's lower polygon models

Let me express my humble and honest opinion on this.

We get nothing special. Just the casual update wih cars and even 1 new track. They don't really seem to care about what happens and what they achieve.
Atleast this what they push to people's eyes, and I would like to analyze this.

First of all, Kazunori had his birthday. The Gran Turismo Instagram page posted nothing about it. This shows to the people that they just upload content when an update is coming. And that's the truth.
They just woke up months later and started posting community scapes. "WOW"...
But someone out there who really does what he loves and loves what he's doing so far, has to limit their inactivity by updating the fans about everything on time.:sly:
Second, yesterday they surpassed 100k subscribers in the official Gran Turismo YouTube channel. Do you think this isn't a worth mentioning achievement?
Bingo!
They didn't even say a thank you about it.
What's more, there's not even an official and public email address to contact support. They never reply to any messages on Facebook or Instagram and whatever players have problem with, they run to GTPlanter or to me, trying to find solutions.
I just do whatever I can in order to help all these people, and I always do.
To conclude, I think we will get nothing more than expected.

But let me have hopes and dreams of a big update, in which we will get 15 or more cars, more in-game features and the holy trinity of 3 tracks. Trial Mountain, Deep Forest and Grand Valley.
I believe there will be a surprise out of nowhere.

I can sit here and type for an hour about all this or even give ideas on how they can improve in social media activity. I think this is their only part where they lack.

Last but certainly not least, I am not complaining or hating in any way or trying to say something about them. I just found the opportunity to say all this and I did. (Had to make this clear to prevent any misunderstanding).:cheers:

Naturally, promoting is prohibited, so anyone who wants to keep up with the news can read my signature below and find me!

Let me express my humble and honest opinion on this.

We get nothing special. Just the casual update wih cars and even 1 new track. They don't really seem to care about what happens and what they achieve.
Atleast this what they push to people's eyes, and I would like to analyze this.

First of all, Kazunori had his birthday. The Gran Turismo Instagram page posted nothing about it. This shows to the people that they just upload content when an update is coming. And that's the truth.
They just woke up months later and started posting community scapes. "WOW"...
But someone out there who really does what he loves and loves what he's doing so far, has to limit their inactivity by updating the fans about everything on time.:sly:
Second, yesterday they surpassed 100k subscribers in the official Gran Turismo YouTube channel. Do you think this isn't a worth mentioning achievement?
Bingo!
They didn't even say a thank you about it.
What's more, there's not even an official and public email address to contact support. They never reply to any messages on Facebook or Instagram and whatever players have problem with, they run to GTPlanter or to me, trying to find solutions.
I just do whatever I can in order to help all these people, and I always do.
To conclude, I think we will get nothing more than expected.
!

:lol: Welcome to the Polyphony Digital customer services. Actually, nothing new. Poly was always secretive, the thing is now all the dev has an active community manager and a forum.

Ya'll kill me :lol:

Everything posted here is speculation, not theory.

A theory requires evidence based research!

(I'm just sayin! :cheers: don't hurt me pls :nervous:)

Anyway, my speculation for the anniversary update is the return of Deep Forest. Would PD try to go all out and release the "Holy Trinity"? I'm not sure, but I expect at least one of them to return. If only one does come, I would expect Deep Forest is the most likely as PD has stated previously they were working it.

I suspect I'm in the minority, but I'm still waiting for the remaining VGT's!

I'm a part of the "sunk cost" situation with GT6 VGTs.

We've been waiting since Xmas 2013 for these things. I kind of want to see what they had planned. I Know many are silly but they shouldnt be teasing them and then just dropping them.

Even in GT6 now I believe they have some rough sketches etc.

Close the book on this already. I feel like we may get to 2023 and the ps5 and GT7 and there will still be some missing.

I don't think there really would be a 1 year anniversary... but if there actually was one teased by PD/Kaz, (to list a couple) I think there would be the following:

- 15 cars or more that somewhat defines the whole franchise.

- A fictional track (Deep Forest maybe???); I don't think PD will go the extra mile to do more than one.

I think if a 1 year anniversary update were to happen, the update should be like how the July update happened. Tease a new track (in the case of this, teasing a return of an old GT track like Deep Forest, etc.), show off some new features (like in the July update where you can now add decals to your suit and helmet and the ability to add your own avatar in a Scape photo), and lastly the usual Kaz tweets a silhouette pic.

But if I'm gonna be honest, I'm just expecting the usual monthly update. A new track and set of cars but I wouldn't mind if the update turns out to be something interesting like again the July update.

Here's my October update wishlist:

Cars:
1. Audi R18 e-tron quattro (Audi Sport Team Joest) '14 (Gr. 1)
2. Audi R18 e-tron quattro (Audi Sport Team Joest) '15 (Gr. 1)
3. Bugatti Veyron Super Sport '11 (N1000)
4. Gran Turismo Red Bull X2014 Fan Car (Gr. X)
5. Hennessey Venom GT '12 (N1000)
6. Koenigsegg Agera R '13 (N1000)
7. Lamborghini Sesto Elemento '11 (N600)
8. McLaren P1 '13 (N900)
9. Porsche 918 Spyder '14 (N900)
10. Porsche 919 Hybrid (Porsche Team) '15 (Gr. 1)
11. Saleen S7 Twin Turbo '06 (N800)
12. Spania GTA Spano '12 (N800)
13. Toyota TS040 Hybrid '14 (Gr. 1)

Total cars after download: 267 cars (100 cars added from original release)

Tracks:

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps and Silverstone (GP Circuit, National Circuit, International Circuit and Stowe Circuit), total: 25 environments and 73 layouts

Features:

Offline Functionality:

Features such as “My Library” and “Brand Central” are now available offline. Therefore, it is no longer to wait for the end of maintenance to check out the new cars and features.

Your downloaded decals, liveries and other content, such as photos and replays from Discover mode will be saved and can be used offline.

It is now possible to save the game offline.

Arcade Mode:

All the cars in the game, as well as any future cars added in later game updates and content, can be used for free in Arcade Mode, replacing the old selection of only eight rental cars.

The car selection are as follows:

Garage Cars
Gr. N (then select from N100 up to N1000)
Gr. 4
Gr. 3
Gr. 2
Gr. 1
Gr. B
Gr. X

New categories will be available as soon as there are cars that introduce them.

You cannot tune Arcade Mode cars in any way (with the exception of only downforce for race cars and other specific cars) or upgrade them using Mileage Points. You also cannot apply custom liveries as well, as to not defeat the purpose of using Garage cars and even buying new cars.

New players do not need to reach level 20 to access all tracks.

Brand Central:

As Brand Central is now fully active even when offline, Showrooms, Vision cars, museum features and related scenes are the only ones available when offline. Signing contracts with brands, visiting their official websites, attempting to purchase cars from the Playstation Store and accessing content from Channel mode are unavailable when offline.

Livery Editor:

Latitude and longitude positioning of decals as well as the rotation angle and size of the decal are shown when editing them.

It is now possible to pan the camera around the car when viewing it under Preview mode. Just press Square when moving the camera around the car.

My Library:

As "My Library" mode is now available offline, you can view any content you have created or downloaded from Discover mode.

Songs from "Transmission Mode" have been added to the music playlist.

You can assign which songs you want for races, menus and slideshows.

Campaign:

New events have been added to GT League, such new campaign cells and new rounds to existing ones added to reflect the new cars and tracks.

Circuit Experience for Fuji Speedway added

Scapes:

New scapes added - Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, Silverstone and more.

Others:

It is now possible to rotate the camera around the car in third-person view, just like in the early versions of the closed beta prototype.

Forced Induction Volume has been added to Audio Options. This way you can hear better turbo spooling and blow-off valve sounds, or the whine in supercharged cars.

More improvements, features and fixes have been done all throughout.

Last edited:
I've still got a lot of cars I've never driven and tracks I haven't learned so I'm OK with content.

What I'd really like to see is a BoP'ed (to be sure nobody messes with power and weight) one make lobby option that doesn't mess with power and/or weight, ie you get the true version of the car, and a proper timed qualifying mode like in the FIA races. Fastest first barely ever works properly for me.

Plausible Speculation:

Silverstone because it was part of the initial tracks that were certified by the FIA when the partnership was announced. Brands Hatch, Bathurst, and Suzuka have all been in GTS from the start, but Silverstone is a glaring omission.

Cars are anyone's guess, but it will most likely be 7-8 updated premiums from GT6 and 1-2 new to the franchise.

Actual Wishlist:
Spa

1969 Ford GT40 Mk II
1970 Porsche 917K
1984 Ferrari 288 GTO
1986 Porsche 959
1988 Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary
1989 Toyota Minolta 88C-V
1999 Mitsubishi GTO VR4
2002 Honda NSX Type R
2009 Pagani Zonda R
2015 Cadillac ATS-V.R GT3
2017 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat
2018 Bentley Continental GT3

I will be happy with the usual monthly update, but I would like to see several wet tracks.
And looking back at Lewis post in instagram (what they do some videos for Gran Turismo), maybe Project One will appear in GTS first

1-Functional bug free online lobbies.
2-added "only singlemake" option for lobbies as GT6
3-voice chat in lobbies
4-rain in all tracks available in different hours.
5-car prizes in GT league
6-AI improved
7-in sport mode daily races(short) , weekly races(longer) , monthly races (endurance racing) and special events (a race coinciding with real world races as 12H Bathurst, 24H Le mans ...)
8-heavy damage activated in all sport mode races.
9-offline saving and brand central available without internet connection.
10-improved FFB on all wheels, progressive clutch and linear throttle.
11-UDP applications compatiblity.
12-excessive wheelspin of the Tyre model in low speeds and starts fixed.
13-all cars of the game available "free" for on-line racing only (not all people have time to grind 20 millions for 1 car).

Maybe:
115978_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

or
DR5dxMyX0AAsF28.jpg

Frame rate issues prevent that. I've noticed on my Pro that if I start a race at the 'ring and start at the back there are frame rate issues until I pass a few cars. On the standard PS4 I noticed last night frame rate issues on turn three blue moon bay when there were a few cars to lap.

No idea why you can't do the circuit challange in VR though.

Spa sucks. Run off tarmac all over the place. Not worth the effort.
Interlagos has even more run off than Spa but nobody complains

Back