GT Sport (November) Update Theory Discussion

What I just wanna know is if they are still working on Deep Forest. Kaz said last year (IIRC) they were working on it. If they gave up just tell us already :banghead:

Did anything special happen on GT6 one year anniversary?

I would really like to see pre 70s layouts of many many legendary tracks in any game

Yeah the more variations the better, for example Spa has never been the same for me since the bus stop was changed in the early 2000's.

Also would love to follow the history of LeMans and run races in old cars on the old layout.

I really couldn't care about content. I just want the bloody ******** penalty system fixed and fix the fanatec wheel the last update didn't **** but make the stupid rev lights work.

Reminds me, my Nephew has an STI like this:
images

Reminds me, my Nephew has an STI like this:
images

This is my favorite STi model year ever. Was never a fan of the bug eye or the 2006+. This one looked just right. Also, it came alongside the Evo 7 which was the first Evo we ever had stateside. Back in the early 00's, these cars made a huge splash. Could absolutely thrash the LS1 muscle cars of 97-01 in a drag race. Ah, memories

They could bring it to the game alongside the Cusco GT300 one

This is my favorite STi model year ever. Was never a fan of the bug eye or the 2006+. This one looked just right. Also, it came alongside the Evo 7 which was the first Evo we ever had stateside. Back in the early 00's, these cars made a huge splash. Could absolutely thrash the LS1 muscle cars of 97-01 in a drag race. Ah, memories

They could bring it to the game alongside the Cusco GT300 one
What could be better than looking over the hood scoop?

Imagine if they dropped a massive update featuring the holy trinity and a host of new(ish) cars. GT Planeteers would lose their minds!

In a perfect world...

Tracks
Deep Forest
Trial Mountain
Grand Valley Speedway
...and hell why not maybe even Laguna Seca?

Cars (GT6 remastered)
BMW 507
Chevrolet Corvette C2 (ex 15th anniversary model)
Ferrari 288 GTO (one of the Sierra Time Attack Rally hero cars)
Ferrari 250 GT (one of the last remaining unicorns)
Lancia Stratos (ex 15th anniversary model)
Lexus LFA
Mercedes 300 SL (seeing as Kaz drove one in the Milli Miglia recently)
Mazda Autozam AZ1 (rounds out the K car category)
Pagani Huayra (ex 15th anniversary model)
Suzuki Cappuccino (rounds out the K car category)
Ford Shelby GT350R
Toyota Castro’s Toms Supra (Gr. 3? wild guess here)

Cars (GT4 remastered)
Jaguar E Type
Subaru Impreza 22B
Toyota AE86
Nissan R390
Toyota GT One

What we’ll probably get...

BB Raceway variation
Another Renault Clio

Last edited:
Imagine if they dropped a massive update featuring the holy trinity and a host of new(ish) cars. GT Planeteers would lose their minds!
What we’ll probably get...

BB Raceway variation
Another Renault Clio

also need Northern Isle variation ASAP:lol:

Update on my last post, where I said they'd primarily add the "hero cars" of the six main games and then some as well as a beloved track... I actually sketched up a list of what I think they'd add specifically. My blueprint for this was six cars representing the main six releases (GT1-3 are returning cars while GT4-6 are evolved versions of the cover cars) and then some premium filler and another new car. Anyway, here we go:
  • Mitsubishi FTO GP Version R '97 (N200) - Represents Gran Turismo 1
  • Honda S2000 '06 OR '99 (N200) - Represents Gran Turismo 2
  • Toyota Castrol Tom's Supra '97 OR '00 (Gr.2) - Represents Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec
  • Ford GT '17 (N700) - Represents Gran Turismo 4, as the evolution of the '05/06 GT
  • Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Black Series '13 (N600) - Represents Gran Turismo 5, as the evolution of the SLS AMG
  • Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C7) '19 (N800) - Represents Gran Turismo 6, as the evolution of the C7 Stingray
  • BMW Z8 '01 (N400)
  • Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR '08 (N600)
  • Mazda Eunos Roadster (NA Special Package) '89 (N100)
  • Nissan Skyline GT-R Nismo Z-tune (R34) '05 (N500) - This one just represents the overabundance of Skylines in the entire series... and why not celebrate that with the mother of all Skylines?
Again for the track it'll be a beloved track, probably one from the holy trinity (Grand Valley, Deep Forest, Trial Mountain).

Last edited:
It's big, so probably we might get

A BMW M8 GTE
A M8 GTE BIG EDITION

Jks jks, I'd like to see some GTE GT2 cars from a couple years back to today(own class too?) , ranging from the Panoz Esperante and Spyker C8 to the Corvette C7.R and the Ford GT. Maybe a multiclass addition to the custom race section would be cool as well.

What happened to the PD Community manager? They had the month where they trailed a new track. Then we went back to last minute updates.

I suppose the FIA Red Bull event was a smarter way to introduce content. What was tone deaf of PD was having Kaz on site and only having a 2 minute interview. Why wasn’t he answering fan questions, detailing future plans etc. They are selling a product and speaking to their hardcore users.

PD are doing so much right and exceeded expectations with prompt monthly updates. But in an age where T10/Playground have dedicated shows/podcasts to update their users, blog posts, active community managers, how can PD still have such poor communication.

For any other dev the 1yr anniversary would be a big deal. More so when you are a GAAS reliant on active online players. They don’t even need to release much content on said anniversary. They just need a news blowout to outline future plans.

My preference:
3tracks and 15cars

Tracks:
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca
Macau Guia Circuit

Cars:
2018 Audi RS5 DTM (Gr.2)
2018 BMW M4 DTM (Gr.2)
2018 Mercedes-AMG C63 DTM (Gr.2)
2017 Bugatti Chiron Gr.3 (Gr.3)
2017 Bentley Continental GT3 (Gr.3)
2017 Ford GT LM (Gr.3)
2017 Ferrari 488 GT3 (Gr.3)
2018 Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 (Gr.3)
2017 KTM X-BOW GT4 (Gr.4)
2018 Subaru WRX STI (N300)
2017 Bentley Continental GT (N600)
2017 Ferrari 488 GTB (N600)
2017 Ford GT (N600)
2017 McLaren 720S (N700)
2017 Bugatti Chiron (N1000)

I suppose the FIA Red Bull event was a smarter way to introduce content. What was tone deaf of PD was having Kaz on site and only having a 2 minute interview. Why wasn’t he answering fan questions, detailing future plans etc. They are selling a product and speaking to their hardcore users.

I think there's a few reasons Kaz didn't answer many questions. One being he probably didn't want to or couldn't reveal things at the time and wanted to reveal things at a later date. Or maybe the broadcast wanted a more controlled interview and having thousands of fans screaming "WHENS x COMING?!?!?!" isn't great content. Also take into account Kaz doesn't speak english, and even with the help of translator-san and all the experience he's had it still has to be an uncomfortable situation to be in a predominately english speaking event when you don't know the language well.

GT games usually have SPEC II and such. It could happen for GTS.

I'm just hoping for a classic track to come back.

But the SPEC II wasn't an 'anniversary' release. It just happened when it happened.

A true 'Alien' AI level would be the one thing this game needs more than more cars or tracks. And I'm still unconvinced by the tire models, especially at low speed/high torque. Maybe some rain and time progression would make GTS less of an also-ran compared to PC2, too!

I do believe Spa and the 2017 Ford GT will be in the game by the end of the year, but that's all I'm willing to bet.

Edit: Imagine getting 3 new Circuit de Sainte-Croix configurations next month.

Last edited:
Obviously we’ll get cars and a track but I’d like some simple fixes and features.

1. To be able to save camera settings both in cockpit and the outside car camera.

2. Added an option to adjust the volume of turbos/superchargers

3. To be able to save game offline

4. Added body kits, spoilers, new rims, helmets and racing suits to the mileage exchange

5. Used car dealership added

6. Shuffle races added to online and arcade/custom races

7. The ability to select mandatory pit stops and mandatory tire change in online /arcade/custom race.

8. Sub catagories for car groups. Example LMP1 should have a Sub category Group C and so on.

9. GT Auto to return

10. Rain implementation on all tracks

11. Ability to change car livery’s in online lobby’s

12. PQE, PQR return as options in online lobby’s along with a timer. Practice,Qualify,Race. Practice,Qualify,Edurance.

13. Ability to set a start race timer like GT6, so if you set it every 5 minutes then the race starts every 5 minutes in online lobby’s.

That’s all I can think of right now.

It could be a standard update or then a update like this month. My prediction is the following:
Cars;
1- Ford Focus RS WRC 07 '08 (Gr. B);
2- Toyota MINOLTA 88C-V Race Car '88 converted to premium (Gr. 1);
3- Alfa Romeo Giulia QV '18 (N400);
4- Mercedes-Benz 300SL Coupe '54 (N200);
5- Mazda Autozam AZ-1 '92 (N100);
6- Jaguar XJ220 '92 converted to premium (N500);
7- Nissan Pennzoil GT-R R34 JGTC '99 (Gr. 2);
8- Honda NSX Super GT500 '08 (Gr. 2);
9- Ferrari 488 GTB '16 (N600).

Tracks:
1- Spa Francorchamps;
2- Laguna Seca Raceway.

Car predictions are good - nothing too crazy (like some people’s predictions).
Don’t think there will ever be two whole tracks added, especially real world tracks. At most it’ll be one track + a variation of an existing track.

Out of your two suggestions I’d rather Laguna Seca purely from a nostalgia point of view!

If we are to get an 'Anniversary' update I feel a classic franchise circuit is more likely. For example, Deep Forest which we know is being developed, would be a perfect fit. Seeing as though we got two real circuits in succession we are certainly due a fictional one again.

Couple that with a pack of iconic GT series cars - TS020 GT-one, R390 GT1, Chaparral 2J etc - and you have a winner.

Back