GT Sport on K' | Profiles, Events, Leaderboards, Stats, Cars | Feedback

• Thread starter Milouse
  • 755 comments
Highest Rank in S seems to have Derek_dk with a full S (!)

Thu Dec 07 2017 21:36:27 GMT+0100 (Mitteleuropäische Zeit) -> DR:74685 | SR:99/99 | Races:269

Soo..... 75k is the Limit? We will find out soon, if the raw data is still increasing :D
Interesting stuff. I guess if there is a max limit to DR there will also be a max limit of points to be earned in FIA or Manufacture races when you get a full grid of maxed out S players. Though i dont see such a grid happening any time soon.

Stunning data - look forward to it evolving further especially if the sequential profile numbers allows greater data sampling.
The sequential data is already what's allow the sampling. The current sample, is already very good from a statistical point of view. It's even overkill for most global stats, while still being limited when considering small sub-group (like A and S which are dust on the top of the DR pyramid -> it's then not possible to say, for example, how many races A ranked player did on average). The margin of error here for a typical confidence level of 95% is 1.38%.

Do you have more nation numbers, wonder where Poland Canada and China ranks.
It's under 2% and the meaning of the numbers is rather small under that line. Still, raw % show: Canada 1.9, Poland 1.5, China 0.1.

I guess if there is a max limit to DR there will also be a max limit of points to be earned in FIA or Manufacture races when you get a full grid of maxed out S players. Though i dont see such a grid happening any time soon.
I don't think there should be several players toping the DR points since they usually race against each others, hence reduce their opponents score as they progress.

EDIT: I can't seem to add cars to my "garage" by clicking the key. I am signed in. Help?
Sorry for that, did it solved by itself? I'm a bit worried about that, so if not, could you tell me you system (OS) and browser, and details of what/when it happens?

A suggestion if I may On the Stats page might be worth including trophy info too as some of it is quite revealing and complements this data - total number of players who have actively driven (not played) in the game 24 hours of time is around 10%. Likely shows the majority of the players are time constrained.
I can make a stat with distance driven. It's not the same since it depends of car speed and nature of tracks, but it could be interesting. Right? Also, number of day played could be an indicator.

Is there a minimum limit on races to be classified? It's not working for me, though I've only done 3 races as of this posting.

I just want to say thanks for posting that Javascript that pulls DR/SR point data. Thank you Milouse! Very cool

DR:40273 | SR:99/99

I posted an update of the bookmarklet that adds a not displayed information : the Driver Point Up Rate.
I don't know its role but i saw it set to -1 for a few players above 5 races and still being E. The point to this addition is to allow point system investigators (like @Famine ) to get more information.
The higher value i saw for DPUR is 300.

Also @Famine, your observation of the 2000 DR points granted for a D rank matches my data. I even saw driver with 6 races being slightly above or below this value.

@Turbo Racer 48
I added a Stat with distance driven in player population.

@Milouse - this is very cool indeed! :cheers: Had some good finishes at Brands and whatever DPUR is, it's going up for me...

Stats by KudosPrime.com:
Sun Dec 10 2017 06:20:37 GMT+0000 (GMT Standard Time) -> DR:28664 | SR:99/99 | Races:160 | DPUR:93
Sun Dec 10 2017 06:33:17 GMT+0000 (GMT Standard Time) -> DR:28868 | SR:99/99 | Races:161 | DPUR:94
Sun Dec 10 2017 06:54:20 GMT+0000 (GMT Standard Time) -> DR:29234 | SR:99/99 | Races:162 | DPUR:96

With that score, the bar on my 'B' driver rating is now as full as it can be :D

@Milouse - which profile had DPUR of 300? On a straw poll of profiles I looked at, it seems to be a percentage towards the next level.

Some examples...
Full bar of C, 1373478 has DR:10492 | SR:22/99 | Races:86 | DPUR:108, so presumably limited from moving up to B by having a C for SR.
Quarter bar of D, 1373482 has
DR:1304 | SR:44/99 | Races:6 | DPUR:26, this is a Okm driver with 6 races!!!
Full bar of B, I have
DR:29875 | SR:99/99 | Races:170 | DPUR:99.
About half a bar of B, 1373486 has DR:20732 | SR:77/99 | Races:42 | DPUR:54.

For the last one, if we guess thresholds are 10000 for B and 30000 for A, then 20732 is 53.66%.

This also works for when I was at 27625 with DPUR=88, rounded from 88.125%.

But then there's a clash. Using the first example with DPUR=108, we can estimate the threshold for C is 4000. However, for the 0km driver with DPUR=26, 1304 is 26% of the way towards 5000 (from 0, the threshold for D, hence the -1 seen). So there is something not accounted for. I'm wondering, is it possible that two thresholds apply, and there's some overlap between DR letters?

Last edited:
I haven't checked this thread for a few days, so I was using the older version of the bookmark and don't have the DPUR data. I did 5 10 lap Gr.4 races at Interlagos with the following results. SR was 99/99 for all 5 races, and my qualifying time was1:38.215 (I used a TT, not a Megane).

Initial DR: 28415
Race 1: DR 28417, Started 4th, Finished 8th, Assigned Door Number 8, Net DR +2
Race 2: DR 29275, Started 1st, Finished 1st, Assigned Door Number 10, Net DR +858
Race 3: DR 29131, Started 4th, Finished 8th, Assigned Door Number 8, Net DR -144
Race 4: DR 29848, Started 1st, Finished 1st, Assigned Door Number 7, Net DR +717
Race 5: DR 31819, Started 3rd, Finished, 3rd, Assigned Door Number 11, Net DR +1971

I assume that the overall room strength was the cause for the differences between Race 1/3 and Race 2/4. Both of these races had identical starting and finishing positions.

After Race 5, I was promoted from DR B to DR A. Also, I gained far more DR in this race than either of my wins. Overall this was a pretty weak room with lots of C/S and D/S drivers filling out the grid and only 4 relatively competitive drivers, but 1st was significantly faster than 2nd-4th. Is there a DR bonus when you are promoted to a new rank? What other factors could explain the difference in net DR?

Last edited:
I haven't checked this thread for a few days, so I was using the older version of the bookmark and don't have the DPUR data. I did 5 10 lap Gr.4 races at Interlagos with the following results. SR was 99/99 for all 5 races, and my qualifying time was1:38.215 (I used a TT, not a Megane).

Initial DR: 28415
Race 1: DR 28417, Started 4th, Finished 8th, Assigned Door Number 8, Net DR +2
Race 2: DR 29275, Started 1st, Finished 1st, Assigned Door Number 10, Net DR +858
Race 3: DR 29131, Started 4th, Finished 8th, Assigned Door Number 8, Net DR -144
Race 4: DR 29848, Started 1st, Finished 1st, Assigned Door Number 7, Net DR +717
Race 5: DR 31819, Started 3rd, Finished, 3rd, Assigned Dorr Number 11, Net DR +1971

I assume that the overall room strength was the cause for the differences between Race 1/3 and Race 2/4. Both of these races had identical starting and finishing positions.

After Race 5, I was promoted from DR B to DR A. Also, I gained far more DR in this race than either of my wins. Overall this was a pretty weak room with lots of C/S and D/S drivers filling out the grid and only 4 relatively competitive drivers, but 1st was significantly faster than 2nd-4th. Is there a DR bonus when you are promoted to a new rank? What other factors could explain the difference in net DR?

That's useful information 👍

There is a boost (of some kind) when you level up, and the bar for DR will immediately show something above empty. I'm not sure yet whether that's done by increasing driver points or by overlapping the ranges that driver letters represent... or a mixture of both. It does seem likely, given the weak field, that your DR was boosted to some extent (+1000 or +1500) after that race. All we know is that an E driver doing 5 appalling races will get to D with a boost of 2000, but that's a rather special case.

Your last race sounds like the bunch I had, where a door number that high just didn't match up to expected finish position in any sensible way, certainly not based on driver rating alone. I'm now pretty sceptical of that door number theory.

@Milouse - which profile had DPUR of 300? On a straw poll of profiles I looked at, it seems to be a percentage towards the next level.
That was from a data snapshot from a week ago, but they were:
DR: 20,021 | SR:31/99 | Races:32 | DPUR:3000 | DR C

and another player had then:
DR: 19,503 | SR:14/99 | Races:134 | DPUR:290 / DR C

But then there's a clash. Using the first example with DPUR=108, we can estimate the threshold for C is 4000. However, for the 0km driver with DPUR=26, 1304 is 26% of the way towards 5000 (from 0, the threshold for D, hence the -1 seen). So there is something not accounted for. I'm wondering, is it possible that two thresholds apply, and there's some overlap between DR letters?
That's a possibility indeed, let's dig it :cheers:

For info, Players who have their DR set to 2000 after reaching 5 races have a DPUR of 50. (that 2000 (temporary) "floor" score applies to most players, but not all)

@eAxis Patohm thanks for the confirmation of the 75K ceilling.

Last edited:
That was from a data snapshot from a week ago, but they were:
DR: 20,021 | SR:31/99 | Races:32 | DPUR:3000 | DR C

3000? I don't know how to explain that one! If it was 300 then perhaps something like the next example, but with this one having recently improved their SR.

and another player had then:
DR: 19,503 | SR:14/99 | Races:134 | DPUR:290 / DR C

290 can make sense, since that one is SR=D and maybe limited from increasing DR... (19503 - 5000) / (10000 - 5000) = 290%

So that's another hint that the threshold for C is 5000.

That's a possibility indeed, let's dig it :cheers:

For info, Players who have their DR set to 2000 after reaching 5 races have a DPUR of 50. (that 2000 floor score applies to most players, but not all)

Thanks. I guess that if someone gains any points by themselves before 5 races then the boost is different, maybe +1000.

Anyway, that's another hint that the threshold for C is 4000.

This is gonna drive me nuts!! It's so close to all fitting into place, but just... doesn't :mad:

Last edited:
This is gonna drive me nuts!! It's so close to all fitting into place, but just... doesn't :mad:
Don't let it drive you nuts, because for every checking i made so far (since my last post) it appears that the purpose of this value is, as you hinted, to set the gauge bar at a certain level on the player's profile page. Value over 100% are ignored, and gauge width matches the 0-100% DPUR value. So they are good chances that this value is only used for display purpose.

Anyway, that's another hint that the threshold for C is 4000.
Since the treshold is 5000 (i didn't see any driver under 5000 having a C Rank, and those between 4000 and 5000 have a D rank), the other theory is that the gauge value is "skewed" compared to the actual Driver Points. Probably to compensate the fact that the Driver Points range expands as Driver Points climbs.

Last edited:
Don't let it drive you nuts, because for every checking i made so far (since my last post) it appears that the purpose of this value is, as you hinted, to set the gauge bar at a certain level on the player's profile page. Value over 100% are ignored, and gauge width matches the 0-100% DPUR value. So they are good chances that this value is only used for display purpose.

Yes, I haven't seen much to indicate it's used for anything else. But it wasn't what was driving me nuts, it was the threshold... and...

Since the treshold is 5000 (i didn't see any driver under 5000 having a C Rank, and those between 4000 and 5000 have a D rank), the other theory is that the gauge value is "skewed" compared to the actual Driver Points. Probably to compensate the fact that the Driver Points range expands as Driver Points climbs.

Ah-ha! After looking at a few more profiles, some hinting 4000 and some 5000, with no pattern visible, I realised that PD must have changed the threshold for DR=C in the recent update to DR scoring, and profiles that haven't played since then haven't had their DPUR updated. Going by ones that've played recently, I'm sure the new threshold is 4000.

I haven't yet spotted a DR C that's below 5000, but it must only be a very few players at that particular level - moved up to C (with a +1000 or so boost) and then lost some DR, and they have done that since the update, and we spot them while they are there.

So we have DR letters corresponding to the DR number like this, as long as SR isn't restricting DR level:
-1 -- E -- 0 -- D -- 4000 -- C -- 10000 -- B -- 30000 -- A -- 50000 -- S -- 75000

Last edited:
I have been doing some DR research over the last couple of days and I have had the following values for DR: D:
7000 - 6269 - 5384 - 6176 - 7000 - 6792 - 7000 - 6746 - 6228 - 7177 - 7000 - 6661 - 5829 - 5000
Note: These values are all with a SR: D / E

Here are the DR:C values:
10000 - 7563 - 6792*** - 8581 - 7865 Note: My SR values were either C or E.

***this is the strange value as I should have had a DR: D rating at this level

Here are my DR: B values:
12919 - 11845 Note: My SR values were either S or B

I thought I would post this info here and I hope it helps...

:cheers:

Your last race sounds like the bunch I had, where a door number that high just didn't match up to expected finish position in any sensible way, certainly not based on driver rating alone. I'm now pretty sceptical of that door number theory.

I've also been skeptical of the door number theory being linked directly to DR. It's possible that's it's a relative ranking of average finishing position.

I could have been given a lower number (11 in this case) despite being in a weaker room because the C/S and D/S drivers might have been among the best drivers in those ranks. When they are competing against similarly ranked drivers they could be scoring far more wins and podiums than me.

I have no evidence to suggest that average finishing position is used for the door numbers, but it would explain why the highest DR competitors (more wins and podiums) get the lowest numbers, and it could create rooms where lower DR drivers get higher numbers because of more dominant performances against the lower DR competition.

More often than not, my door number is between 5 and 10, so I'm confident that it's not a random assignment, but I'm also confident that it's not solely based off DR values.

I guess I'm going to have to take some screen shots of the starting grid and save some replays to start mapping door numbers to DR levels and grid position. If I find any patterns I'll post my findings, but it'll will probably be a few days, and I'll have to motivate myself to work on door number statistics when I could be racing or creating liveries.

I have been doing some DR research over the last couple of days and I have had the following values for DR: D:
7000 - 6269 - 5384 - 6176 - 7000 - 6792 - 7000 - 6746 - 6228 - 7177 - 7000 - 6661 - 5829 - 5000
Note: These values are all with a SR: D / E

Here are the DR:C values:
10000 - 7563 - 6792*** - 8581 - 7865 Note: My SR values were either C or E.

***this is the strange value as I should have had a DR: D rating at this level

Actually, that is a DR C value. All those values you list when DR D are in fact DR C level, but the SR D/E was stopping you from having DR C. Also the 10000 should've been (just!) enough for DR B, but blocked by having SR C.

Door Number = Ranking (DR raw Number) in the Lobby! Only applies in SportMode

I can 100% confirm that this is correct. It is the same in Iracing btw ;)

You'll have to back that statement up with some findings! Because it doesn't tally with what I've seen.
(Might be better to continue this discussion in that thread, to avoid cluttering this one too much).

It is hard for me to explain ^^

I have always since the beginning a very high Rating in the Lobby. In the beginning, when A Drivers were very rarely seen, i always look though friends in Lobby to find the relationsship between Number and Rating. Since my Rating was nearly always 1 or 2, it was easy to see like 5 People around my doornumber and see the ranking via Progression bar (differeces were very big, easily seeable). Nearly ALWAYS the data DR/Progression bar matched with door number (never checked the lower Players, since Progression bar ins normaly very Close, especially on lower Lobbys)

But there was an exception: Sometimes the Matchmaking completly goes wrong! Mixing C+D + A+B, (SR always S) had this for 2 FIA races, other People had the same Problem. My carnumber matched exactly behind C+D (i was the fastest A there), so it seemed obvious, all the A+B´s were placed behind C+D´s. It seems like a complete Freak accident... It was obvously not the strongest Lobby, but mixing A, B, C, D in a highly played FIA race MUST be a mistake. Normally i Play in the strongest EU race at any given time.

Soooo, besides **** up matchmaking, the Driver RAting matched placment in race, which is Kind a cool Feature IMO. Just like in IRacing, where most ideas were stolen from, too ^^

Door Number = Ranking (DR raw Number) in the Lobby! Only applies in SportMode

I can 100% confirm that this is correct. It is the same in Iracing btw ;)

That is probably how it's supposed to work, and in more homogeneous rooms, it probably does work that way. However, when you get a room with SS through DS drivers the door numbers are ordered like this example from the Gr.3 race at Kyoto.
  1. D S
  2. D S
  3. C S
  4. S S
  5. C S
  6. C S
  7. A S
  8. A S
  9. D S
  10. A S
  11. A S
  12. D S
  13. B S
  14. D S
  15. B S
  16. B S
  17. D S
SS is above AS and AS is above BS, but the CS and DS drivers are a jumbled mess. I was the AS with door number 11, and I just achieved AS yesterday, so it makes sense that I'm the lowest numbered AS driver.

Last edited:
It is hard for me to explain ^^

I have always since the beginning a very high Rating in the Lobby. In the beginning, when A Drivers were very rarely seen, i always look though friends in Lobby to find the relationsship between Number and Rating. Since my Rating was nearly always 1 or 2, it was easy to see like 5 People around my doornumber and see the ranking via Progression bar (differeces were very big, easily seeable). Nearly ALWAYS the data DR/Progression bar matched with door number (never checked the lower Players, since Progression bar ins normaly very Close, especially on lower Lobbys)

But there was an exception: Sometimes the Matchmaking completly goes wrong! Mixing C+D + A+B, (SR always S) had this for 2 FIA races, other People had the same Problem. My carnumber matched exactly behind C+D (i was the fastest A there), so it seemed obvious, all the A+B´s were placed behind C+D´s. It seems like a complete Freak accident... It was obvously not the strongest Lobby, but mixing A, B, C, D in a highly played FIA race MUST be a mistake. Normally i Play in the strongest EU race at any given time.

Soooo, besides **** up matchmaking, the Driver RAting matched placment in race, which is Kind a cool Feature IMO. Just like in IRacing, where most ideas were stolen from, too ^^

That is not "100% confirm"... but please, let's discuss this in the thread where it's been discussed before:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...h-and-finish-5th-in-terms-of-dr.370778/page-3

I watched my door number yesterday i had Nr. 1 in every daily race and also in Nations Cup.
I don´t know my exact DR score as Safari doesn't let me drag and drop the button on the website.
The bar of my S-Rating is about half full and i finished my 323rd onlinerace yesterday.
In the Nations Cup my time in training wasn't in the Top 10 and also i just did P. 7 in qualifying.
Also there where much faster drivers in my Lobby i had door Nr. 1.
I´m sure it´s because i´ve had the best DR score, as those in front of me don´t have enough races to reach the same score even they have a better average place.

I think I figured out door numbers and then we can be done with this tangent.

I believe the game is sorting the DR values as text and not as numerical data. Assuming the following:
E = <0
D = 0-4999
C = 5000-9999
B = 10000-29999
A = 30000-49999
S = 50000-75000

D drivers could have any digit in the first position, so if a D driver with 900 DR points is in the field, he gets door number 1 over a 75k maxed out S driver because "9" comes after "7".

C drivers could have 5 through 9 in the first position, so they can receive higher or lower numbers than S drivers, but always lower numbers than A and B drivers.

S, A, and B all work the way they are supposed to work.

These assumptions held true for the 5 races that I looked at last night.

Last edited:
Back