GT Sport Online Events Change Again: New Tracks, Garage Cars Allowed

Alright, this is great news! PD are really listening this time round it seems, a sight for sore eyes. Let's hope they keep supporting the game this much throughout its lifecycle.

Great! We can use garage cars, a sensible decision which I have already made use of in my last several races.

Time for an Evogasm then. I signed my contract with Mitsubishi so I'll be using all the Evos liberally. Not sure the Group 3 is much cop, mind.

I still get major framerate drops in the Lancer race. I thought it was because the servers weren’t busy yesterday but it hasn’t changed...

Do you play on a regular PS4?

Try Frame Rate mode instead of Quality mode. ;)

Same here. As a matter of fact, I'd prefer it if tuning is prohibited for those Sport Mode races. It would be more of a leveled playfield in terms of car performance and making it more about race craft, skills and affinity with the cars chosen.

oh come on, I bought GTS ONLY because sport races were tuning prohibited, so I could be sure of an even field without having to futz around with "tuning".

I'm confused - allowing tuning doesn't let you alter the the power output of your vehicle, correct? Nor does it allow you to shed off more weight.
So what's making the playfield more un-even? Setting up a car is a vital aspect of Motorsport and has never been considered as something that makes things "unfair" in anyway. I've competed in many Spec-Series in real life, from Mazda Miata's to Porsche GT3's - setting up the car to allow the driver to squeeze more of the available performance out of the car was absolutely necessary to stay competitive.

Is this just a case of people not understanding how to setup a car and are now upset because people who do are free to do so? That's really petty, especially in a game that advertises itself as iRacing's console cousin with all this FIA online championship stuff. Want to be more competitive? Learn how to setup the car. You only stand to benefit from it. If you can't do it or simply can't be bothered with it, then don't restrict the ability to do so from those who want to setup the cars to their liking and cater the cars to their driving style.

These tracks/car combos are so much better than the first 3. I'm having a blast racing at Maggiore and Dragon Trail.

People have been amazing too, racing clean and having patience (with an exception here and there but that's normal).

I'm confused - allowing tuning doesn't let you alter the the power output of your vehicle, correct? Nor does it allow you to shed off more weight.
So what's making the playfield more un-even? Setting up a car is a vital aspect of Motorsport and has never been considered as something that makes things "unfair" in anyway. I've competed in many Spec-Series in real life, from Mazda Miata's to Porsche GT3's - setting up the car to allow the driver to squeeze more of the available performance out of the car was absolutely necessary to stay competitive.

Is this just a case of people not understanding how to setup a car and are now upset because people who do are free to do so? That's really petty, especially in a game that advertises itself as iRacing's console cousin with all this FIA online championship stuff. Want to be more competitive? Learn how to setup the car. You only stand to benefit from it. If you can't do it or simply can't be bothered with it, then don't restrict the ability to do so from those who want to setup the cars to their liking and cater the cars to their drivi

Is this just a case of people not understanding how to setup a car and are now upset because people who do are free to do so? That's really petty, especially in a game that advertises itself as iRacing's console cousin with all this FIA online championship stuff. Want to be more competitive? Learn how to setup the car. You only stand to benefit from it. If you can't do it or simply can't be bothered with it, then don't restrict the ability to do so from those who want to setup the cars to their liking and cater the cars to their driving style.
Exactly!! Altho, you CAN change the power and weight (slightly) learning to tune your car is the BEST way to improve how your car FEELS to you when you drive, which will result in better lap times.. I have custom spec sheets for several tracks already. A good way to tinker, btw, is in arcade mode on time trial. Hope to see all you clean racers on the track soon!! O, and GO TEAM NISSAN!!

Same here. As a matter of fact, I'd prefer it if tuning is prohibited for those Sport Mode races. It would be more of a leveled playfield in terms of car performance and making it more about race craft, skills and affinity with the cars chosen.
It is about skills and racecraft. You should be gridded according to your qualifying laptime, not your tuning ability. Your success on the track at that point is up to you.

Anyone else is having issues with the Lancer race? In my first race everything was fine, but then in the second and third my car was suddenly a lot harder to keep on track, roughly 3 seconds off pace... :confused:

It is about skills and racecraft. You should be gridded according to your qualifying laptime, not your tuning ability. Your success on the track at that point is up to you.

Your success on the track is always up to you seeing as you are the one in control of the tune. You do realize that the car already has a pre-set tune to it, right? You're saying drivers competing in a FIA regulated virtual racing series should not have the ability to adjust their pre-tuned cars for individual circuits because it discourages competition?

People, if you're not familiar with how to setup a car - that's ok! There's nothing wrong with that. But don't say that it takes away the fact that you need "skills" to win a race or anything of that sort. Ayrton Senna, as great as he was, would NOT have won a single GP had he not busted his butt setting up the car for every race weekend alongside his test driver.

Your success on the track is always up to you seeing as you are the one in control of the tune. You do realize that the car already has a pre-set tune to it, right? You're saying drivers competing in a FIA regulated virtual racing series should not have the ability to adjust their pre-tuned cars for individual circuits because it discourages competition?

People, if you're not familiar with how to setup a car - that's ok! There's nothing wrong with that. But don't say that it takes away the fact that you need "skills" to win a race or anything of that sort. Ayrton Senna, as great as he was, would NOT have won a single GP had he not busted his butt setting up the car for every race weekend alongside his test driver.
You misunderstood me. I'm saying it doesn't matter if you're Colin Chapman or Joe Casual, you're gridded according to you're qualifying time. Tuning is totally irrelevant for everyone other than the very top of the top.

You misunder stood me. I'm saying it doesn't matter if you're Colin Chapman or Joe Casual, you're gridded according to you're qualifting time. Tuning is totally irrelevant for everyone other than the very top of the top.

Oh ok! My bad! I thought you meant tuning shouldn't be a part of qualifying. Seems like that's what other people are saying, so I interpreted what you said like that, too.

Thanks for clearing that up! :)

I' ll probably have to hire some racing engineers, always managened to ruin a perfectly good car with tuning. But I like it tuning free..

Because of the bladder size, or prostate size?:ouch:
Solution.

toilet-chair-recliner.jpg

I hate having to tune the dang cars. I'm too lazy for that. Still, had a blast in the Nurb GP 10-lap. It was my first Sport mode race since the closed beta. It was actually the first time I looked at tuning options.. natural frequency :eek: .. I think I'm most shocked that PD did something different.

Kaz is right; if people would give Sport mode a shot and go in with a "race clean and have fun" mentality first and foremost, many would be surprised at how good this stuff is.

Back