GT Sport Online Events Change Again: New Tracks, Garage Cars Allowed

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Oct 23, 2017.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

ProjectF, dimassa19, mark5917 and 5 others like this.
  2. Theufcveteran

Theufcveteran

Alright, this is great news! PD are really listening this time round it seems, a sight for sore eyes. Let's hope they keep supporting the game this much throughout its lifecycle.

oneloops likes this.
  3. Allgoldplease

Allgoldplease (Banned)

Cool. I hope the Evo race is at least six laps.

4. Vetes

Vetes

All tracks should be in Sport Mode at all times. They can change the parameters often to spice things up if they feel. Some of the tracks are rarely used online outside of Sport Mode and if you want people to use them, this is the only way.

5. Sloppy Shades

Sloppy Shades Premium

Still waiting for the first Ring sport race!

EstonianBeast, XXI and blafak1 like this.
  6. CHEN255

CHEN255

Great! We can use garage cars, a sensible decision which I have already made use of in my last several races.

7. Rage9one

Rage9one

Awesome!

8. JockeP22

JockeP22 Premium

I thought it was great with tuning prohibited.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
    R3V, TEX36, girabyt3 and 8 others like this.
  9. Gunma36

Gunma36

Me too. Even because Gt tuning options are always difficult to interpret and put it to use. Anyone remembers camber not working?

marvthegamer and 22b_Fanboy like this.
  10. CHEN255

CHEN255

The grids have shrunk to 12 though :confused:

11. qwbufp

qwbufp

I still get major framerate drops in the Lancer race. I thought it was because the servers weren’t busy yesterday but it hasn’t changed...

12. C-ZETA

C-ZETA Premium

Time for an Evogasm then. I signed my contract with Mitsubishi so I'll be using all the Evos liberally. Not sure the Group 3 is much cop, mind.

13. LordExia

LordExia

Same here. As a matter of fact, I'd prefer it if tuning is prohibited for those Sport Mode races. It would be more of a leveled playfield in terms of car performance and making it more about race craft, skills and affinity with the cars chosen.

14. Dairyworker

Dairyworker

I also really like the tuning off, but i guess this will force me to learn more about it. I never really was any good at the tuning, i wish i was a race car driver, not a crew chief ;)

dimassa19, marvthegamer and ron24 like this.
  15. mark5917

mark5917

Do you play on a regular PS4?

Try Frame Rate mode instead of Quality mode. ;)

16. wdreamsmaycome

wdreamsmaycome

oh come on, I bought GTS ONLY because sport races were tuning prohibited, so I could be sure of an even field without having to futz around with "tuning". Why can't tuning be left to the lobbies? What's the point of having a beta one way and then changing things completely afterwards?

17. TheCrazySwede

TheCrazySwede

I'm confused - allowing tuning doesn't let you alter the the power output of your vehicle, correct? Nor does it allow you to shed off more weight.
    So what's making the playfield more un-even? Setting up a car is a vital aspect of Motorsport and has never been considered as something that makes things "unfair" in anyway. I've competed in many Spec-Series in real life, from Mazda Miata's to Porsche GT3's - setting up the car to allow the driver to squeeze more of the available performance out of the car was absolutely necessary to stay competitive.

Is this just a case of people not understanding how to setup a car and are now upset because people who do are free to do so? That's really petty, especially in a game that advertises itself as iRacing's console cousin with all this FIA online championship stuff. Want to be more competitive? Learn how to setup the car. You only stand to benefit from it. If you can't do it or simply can't be bothered with it, then don't restrict the ability to do so from those who want to setup the cars to their liking and cater the cars to their driving style.

Gorgie Gus, Ghoa$t, DGXR and 4 others like this.
  18. zzz_pt

zzz_pt Premium

These tracks/car combos are so much better than the first 3. I'm having a blast racing at Maggiore and Dragon Trail.

People have been amazing too, racing clean and having patience (with an exception here and there but that's normal).

Fredzy, dimassa19 and raceguy like this.
  19. Matt Goodell

Matt Goodell

20. TheCrazySwede

TheCrazySwede

You're joking, right? What's the point of having a Beta if you're NOT going to change anything anyway?

21. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

It is about skills and racecraft. You should be gridded according to your qualifying laptime, not your tuning ability. Your success on the track at that point is up to you.

05XR8 and marvthegamer like this.
  22. Fryto

Fryto

Anyone else is having issues with the Lancer race? In my first race everything was fine, but then in the second and third my car was suddenly a lot harder to keep on track, roughly 3 seconds off pace... :confused:

23. TheCrazySwede

TheCrazySwede

Your success on the track is always up to you seeing as you are the one in control of the tune. You do realize that the car already has a pre-set tune to it, right? You're saying drivers competing in a FIA regulated virtual racing series should not have the ability to adjust their pre-tuned cars for individual circuits because it discourages competition?

People, if you're not familiar with how to setup a car - that's ok! There's nothing wrong with that. But don't say that it takes away the fact that you need "skills" to win a race or anything of that sort. Ayrton Senna, as great as he was, would NOT have won a single GP had he not busted his butt setting up the car for every race weekend alongside his test driver.

24. dimassa19

dimassa19

Don't forget: 7 to 77. Some events are clearly orientated for beginners. Six laps could be too high for some players.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
  25. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

You misunderstood me. I'm saying it doesn't matter if you're Colin Chapman or Joe Casual, you're gridded according to you're qualifying time. Tuning is totally irrelevant for everyone other than the very top of the top.

05XR8 and TheCrazySwede like this.
  26. TheCrazySwede

TheCrazySwede

Oh ok! My bad! I thought you meant tuning shouldn't be a part of qualifying. Seems like that's what other people are saying, so I interpreted what you said like that, too.

Thanks for clearing that up! :)

27. Skiddy

Skiddy

I' ll probably have to hire some racing engineers, always managened to ruin a perfectly good car with tuning. But I like it tuning free..

28. Skiddy

Skiddy

Because of the bladder size, or prostate size?:ouch:

29. JockeP22

JockeP22 Premium

Solution.

[​IMG]

Skiddy and JulesDennis like this.
  30. Fredzy

Fredzy

I hate having to tune the dang cars. I'm too lazy for that. Still, had a blast in the Nurb GP 10-lap. It was my first Sport mode race since the closed beta. It was actually the first time I looked at tuning options.. natural frequency :eek: .. I think I'm most shocked that PD did something different.

Kaz is right; if people would give Sport mode a shot and go in with a "race clean and have fun" mentality first and foremost, many would be surprised at how good this stuff is.

JockeP22 likes this.