GT Sport Penalty System Under Fire Again as Official FIA Season Begins

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Patclash

Patclash

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/news/00_1497344.html

barak181, Pigems and MordFustang88 like this.
  2. Carrera1963

Carrera1963

I played tonight for the first time in 2 weeks - mainly Race C at Interlagos.

4 races, penalties everywhere! I got rammed by someone who didn’t brake & pushed me off - I get a contact penalty & track limits penalty!

Racing on the start/finish straight, someone taps me in the rear quarter - I get penalised, he gets nothing.

Every race, bumped and pushed and I got penalties for all of them.

final race, I tested it out and intentionally pushed past a few people, some of them got penalties and I only got them 50% of the time.

SR downgraded from S to A

FIX IT PD!

it was fine in Sept/Oct/Nov, what happened???

3. pwningstone

pwningstone

From a few moments ago... utter mayhem.

4. Mixolydian

Mixolydian Premium

Hard to believe without the video. It's so sad that this is allowed

5. Groundfish

Groundfish Premium

And some doubted when I said pens are effectively off.
    I hope that’s only true below 99 sr
    That said battling Brazil on its home soil is not easy.
    They are fast and tough, beware who you get into a war with there...

6. milehighmadd

milehighmadd

That's like a recruitment video for punters. I feel bad finding that hilarious.

Redneckchef and Pigems like this.
  7. Groundfish

Groundfish Premium

I wouldn’t hire any of them.
    Amateurs at best.

pwningstone, Redneckchef and Pigems like this.
  8. milehighmadd

milehighmadd

And you're absolutely right about home turf pride at Interlagos. Getting beat by anyone other than fellow countrymen is like bringing shame to the family. And super late braking was the norm last time this combo was a daily race.

pwningstone and Pigems like this.
  9. Groundfish

Groundfish Premium

I like gr3 better but anytime this tracks on I race. People like to post videos as above but there’s a ton of great racing to be had there once you know the place well.
    People have troubles because they don’t know how to setup the overtake thinking a couple corners ahead.
    Imo it’s a fantastic track and race, but a minimum skill is required to get past races like in the above video.

10. milehighmadd

milehighmadd

It's definitely one of my favorites of the real life tracks. Great consistent flow. Something majestic about the linkage of each curve in sector 2. Like skiing knee deep powder on pair of ultra fats.

Groundfish and Pigems like this.
  11. Carrera1963

Carrera1963

That’s the opposite of the penalty-fest I had...

12. GTP_TO Blue

GTP_TO Blue Premium

Just 2 Race C's so far, after missing all of last week for the **** show it was.

Both in B/S, EMEA lobbies.

It now appears that the car on the inside of the track/corner/bend that gets hit is now the one that gets the penalty.

Taking the usual inside kerb at Ferradura, another car that's gone wide comes back onto the track, hits my left side, putting me to the grass. SR down for me. No penalty for the other.

Coming out of Turn 10, heading towards Mergulho. Same situation, car coming off track hits my right side as I get to the kerb at Mergulho. SR down to me, nothing for the other car. Loss of 6 SR from previous rating.

2 SR down arrows is enough for a red rating at the end of the race.

Landy1264 likes this.
  13. Kiki_Haoru

Kiki_Haoru

I tried the nations cup on saturday and had a very clean race thanks to several very respectful players, so I did not really experience the tweaks to the penalty system.
    I was a solid S player with 99 SR rating for weeks now.

Tonight I raced with the Camaro twice. First race I had a few minor contacts, casual rubbing. I would have liked to avoid it but that did not bother me too much. Some guy was obviously ramming his way through though.
    At some point he rammed me hard enough and I lost control. On top of that I got a penalty, so this time I was upset.
    I caught up with him and when I saw he was keeping at it with other players I decided to retaliate.:ouch:
    I punted him and he exited the track, putting him dead last and all of the other players were now safe. I didn't even get SR down for this...

At the end of the race my SR dropped by more than 30 points !:eek: I found it very harsh given this only real incident during the race.

Groundfish and Redneckchef like this.
  14. pwningstone

pwningstone

From what I can tell is you are rubbing on the outside of a corner the algorithm thinks you are trying to flip their car around. I don’t see any penalties for pushing cars wide.

that being said, don’t be a dick.

Groundfish likes this.
  15. tankuroded

tankuroded

Is it normal to have no-penalty SR downs now? I have one or two during Gr.B Brands race and one during the first try of Suzuka Gr.4 race (I did a slightly cleaner rematch later).

16. Kiki_Haoru

Kiki_Haoru

On the other hand Yesterday I got hard SR downs for very light contacts.

Pigems likes this.
  17. esvau

esvau

I vote for disqualification when knocking someone off. Last Manufacturer race I was, clearly on purpose, knocked off twice. A third time hit so hard that I knocked off the guy in front of me. Frustrating!! No penalty for noone. Every race there are one or two drivers pushing the faulty penalty system to the max. You can’t always keep out of their way because they seek the opportunity. Disqualify! I can take it if I make a mistake. On purpose you should not even have a say.