GT Sport save game issues

• Thread starter GTP_Monkey
  • 37 comments

GTP_Monkey

May the force be with you
Premium
England
Top Valley, NG5
Been on for 14 hours today got up to level 17 with nearly 700,000 credits game crashed as servers went offline and lost the bloody lot.

Not impressed at all also only entered one Sports mode race GT3 at Interlagos, I understood this mode is to promote clean racing, well the settings obviously dont work it was like Wacky races and dodgem cars first corner several cars cut out thew first left and right gained apr 6 places they did no penalty at all. I drove clean all the3 while yet was constantly rammed in the rear punting me off track and the offenders just disappear in the distance again no penalties.

As you probably gather by now im not to impressed with it

Sorry to here. But if this demo/beta was supposed encourage purchase, all PD have done is confirm that the game design is not ready for prime time.

Exactly, seriously considering cancelling the pr-order

I also had lost progress.
I had Gold missions 6-1 through just recently 6-6
Now I have Bronze 6-1 Gold 6-2 and nothing after that.

This is just sad.
If this was a step to "avoid" cheaters then they made a huge problem.

I did not even compete once in Sport mode and I lost enough progress to where I don't even want this game anymore.
Took me forever to get gold on 6-1 and it's gone.

All PD had to say was "no progress will transfer to retail game" - then we would not be upset.

However, they have to tell us that the progress will be saved - otherwise nobody would play and they would not get their stress test.

IOW, PD have to lie to paying customers, so they can get their testing for free.

Then they just post these moronic messages about "Sorry for the inconvenience we had to wipe all your effort out - my bad"

Had I known this demo period was purely testing then I would not have even bothered.

This is just sad.

I did not even compete once in Sport mode and I lost enough progress to where I don't even want this game anymore.

Yes forgot about all that side as well LOST

Cannot even cancel the preorder as Playstation network is offline now

Just spoken to Sony in the UK they will not cancel or refund as too close to release now

What I dont understand is all the livery work i did half an hour before the server went down hasn't been deleted on my game play So it looks like PD have serious issues

Last edited by a moderator:
All PD had to say was "no progress will transfer to retail game" - then we would not be upset.

However, they have to tell us that the progress will be saved - otherwise nobody would play and they would not get their stress test.

IOW, PD have to lie to paying customers, so they can get their testing for free.

Then they just post these moronic messages about "Sorry for the inconvenience we had to wipe all your effort out - my bad"

Had I known this demo period was purely testing then I would not have even bothered.

I wouldn't have put in so much time into the Livery editor had I known this was gon happen.

I wouldn't have put in so much time into the Livery editor had I known this was gon happen.

Exactly - they HAD to entice you to use the software so they could test.

If you and thousands of others did not think the work would be saved, you would have not even bothered.

Again, PD needed to lie to get people to use this poorly designed suite of tools pretending to be a driving game.

It is simply not ready.

This is pretty much that
"Let's have an open beta"
See how much stuff happens.
"Server crashes"
Okay, so as expected yes, due to it being open instead of closed I get that.
"Servers up"
Logs on see lost progress.
"We're sorry"
People quite
"Here have 1MM and 8 cars and we'll restore the servers"

But all the work i put into the livery editor gas not been deleted ive still got all that and most of it was close to the last things i did before server went down

Ive lost half a million credits, all the driving test medals and awards (still got the cars though) and all my rewards for driving nearly 700 miles and my personal game level gone from 17 back to where i left the game 24 hours ago yesterday at level 12

Been on for 14 hours today got up to level 17 with nearly 700,000 credits game crashed as servers went offline and lost the bloody lot.

Not impressed at all also only entered one Sports mode race GT3 at Interlagos, I understood this mode is to promote clean racing, well the settings obviously dont work it was like Wacky races and dodgem cars first corner several cars cut out thew first left and right gained apr 6 places they did no penalty at all. I drove clean all the3 while yet was constantly rammed in the rear punting me off track and the offenders just disappear in the distance again no penalties.

As you probably gather by now im not to impressed with it
OMG BRO I JUST LOST SO MUCH PROGRESS AS WELL OMGGGGG!!!!!!!!!

But all the work i put into the livery editor gas not been deleted ive still got all that and most of it was close to the last things i did before server went down

Ive lost half a million credits, all the driving test medals and awards (still got the cars though) and all my rewards for driving nearly 700 miles and my personal game level gone from 17 back to where i left the game 24 hours ago yesterday at level 12
Wait so the progress doesn't transfer!?

Last edited by a moderator:

The exact same thing just happened to me at apparently the same time. All progress from today and yesterday is gone, but designs I made yesterday are still there. This is ridiculously frustrating. Called Sony, they said it was Polyphony's issue and directed me to their website in Japanese. There was a contact us button, clicked it, and took me to the Sony support website.......

This is ridiculously frustrating. Called Sony, they said it was Polyphony's issue and directed me to their website in Japanese. There was a contact us button, clicked it, and took me to the Sony support website.......

Sony =/= PD

But the whole part of this is I guess
They wanted to see how well the "Online" only features works.

A tear almost came out of my eye man omg everything is gone,200k gone extra two cars gone, mileage gone omg!now I'm hearing that the progress in the demo is not going to transfer,I legit don't even want to Buy THIS GAME ANYMORE!

Your lucky ive paid for the special edition re-order and Sony will not refund me

A tear almost came out of my eye man omg everything is gone,200k gone extra two cars gone, mileage gone omg!now I'm hearing that the progress in the demo is not going to transfer,I legit don't even want to Buy THIS GAME ANYMORE!

It's true.
The only thing that will carry over is
Cars (8 of them)
Credits (1MM)
Mileage Points (2,000)
Shared photos and livery

It's true.
The only thing that will carry over is
Cars (8 of them)
Credits (1MM)
Mileage Points (2,000)
Shared photos and livery

They just stripped me of credit half a million and all my mileage points and medals, Looks like it was meant to happen, So many folk having exact same issues and wont refund the £59.99 ive pre paid

They just stripped me of credit half a million and all my mileage points and medals, Looks like it was meant to happen, So many folk having exact same issues

I bet a lot of people who were top in everything are probably finding out it's bad.
I spent too much time trying to get gold in Missions and it's gone.
Although when I did manage to get on before I saw I lost progress I once again got another "N" car as my prize.

I bet a lot of people who were top in everything are probably finding out it's bad.
I spent too much time trying to get gold in Missions and it's gone.
Although when I did manage to get on before I saw I lost progress I once again got another "N" car as my prize.

yes i got back on once since and got another daily car, one i already had now got 2 Aston Martins

Im not a pure racer and have put nearly 30 hours over the last 3 days into this, lots of hard work for me

I'm having some really weird things here.
After today's server shutdown, my daily mileage was reset, some stage 6 mission medals were lost and 2 cars for daily mileage (yesterday and today), Megane and RS 01, were given to me again.
Obai7ZVs0UQ.jpg

Your lucky ive paid for the special edition re-order and Sony will not refund me
I'm in that same boat, lost 400k credits, mad for now, hope next week will be better. Really don't understand the mandatory online saving part, this is the cause of all our trouble... Why PD Why...?

Even my "life log" still shows my achieved Milestones from previous days, but credits and cars are lost... Gives an unsafe feeling...

Last edited:

This is just sad.

Wait til you try 6-8, assuming you can get there.

I was afraid of save loss too. I've had a lot of save issues myself. I'm just assuming my last bit of work to complete the demo got saved. I'll find out tonight! :lol: Normally this kind of thing isn't an issue for PD.

Jerome

Wait til you try 6-8, assuming you can get there.

Jerome

I did try it a few times and I got very 🤬 with those AI that love to hog the line and if you are slightly above that "said" line they will intentionally wipe you out.

Back