GT Sport Smart Watch Coming Via Tag Heuer Partnership

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Mar 17, 2017.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

Lubeify100, ProjectF and sems4arsenal like this.
  2. Leggacy

Leggacy

Looks nice, probably very expensive. I'd say I'd give my right arm for one of those but then I'd have nowhere to put it.

silverman_GT, JKgo, Turbo and 12 others like this.
  3. hobbsy

hobbsy

As cool as this is, there is no way i could justify the outlay for one of these... :(

Here's hoping to get one as reward for completing the GT licence ;)

I'm sure these will be offered as a reward somewhere in the GT esports Championships

kolio and mrnascar242424 like this.
  4. diesel97

diesel97

Is this the "photo mode" version or "VR " version? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

5. Fredzy

Fredzy

Based on what I've seen of the new HUD in GTS, it's hard to imagine needing additional telemetry elsewhere. But it's a cool idea. Hopefully this means sim racers will be able to easily use phone/tablet as telemetry interfaces in their sim rigs.

My experience with checking my wrist for data while engaged in something requiring serious focus has been negative, so I would pass.

6. SlipZtrEm

SlipZtrEm Staff Emeritus

You're looking at the Connected Modular 45 — the GT watch hasn't been shown.

It will certainly make things like wheels and cockpits appear cheap: the CM45 starts at $1650 USD and only goes up, and I don't expect the GT watch to undercut that.

Aaroh, J24681357, Lubeify100 and 3 others like this.
  7. hobbsy

hobbsy

It may not be visual, it could haptic or audio feedback/Information? Or even inputs from the watch to the game?

For instance the game could make use of gyroscope within!!!

8. Fredzy

Fredzy

Now don't get carried away. Remember the GPS tracks functionality that was going to be a part of GT6 course creator? Gotta keep a tight rein on that imagination when you're talking about PD, even for features they talk about doing.

lancia delta hf, Imari and hobbsy like this.
  9. hobbsy

hobbsy

Lol, yes very true... Note to self, keep it in the check ;)

10. TS050

TS050 Premium

Kaz this is nice but can you just drop the game first

MockngBrd, Turbo, Imari and 5 others like this.
  11. cutmeamango

cutmeamango (Banned)

Did they open a watch factory or are they repurposing their current employees to build watches?

12. AudiMan2011

AudiMan2011 Contributing Writer

I'd rather have PD just do a dedicated companion app than come out with a gimmicky watch that'll likely cost more than many can actually afford.

PzR Slim likes this.
  13. cutmeamango

cutmeamango (Banned)

Seems like today is your* day.

[​IMG]

*Phone not included.

14. WyldAnimal

WyldAnimal

The Modular-45 Smart watches Start at $1,400 and Go Up to over $5,000
    https://www.tagheuer.com/en/watches/tag-heuer-connected-modular-45

The Watches do have a companion App.
    http://lvmhwj.force.com/?l=en_US&c=TAG_Heuer_Connected:TAG_Heuer_Connected_mobile_app

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tagheuer.wear

The App Lets you Create your Own custom watch Faces.
    "Become a master watchmaker and craft your own custom watch face – down to the finest details – in the TAG Heuer Studio. Upload a photo to create a watch face that keeps those special memories close."

GRAN TURISMO Partnership
    https://www.tagheuer.com/en/partnerships/gran-turismo

15. letdown427

letdown427

A Polyphony Digital watch? Presumably it always runs slow then...?

I can't believe nobody has made this joke yet...

Seems gimmicky to me, but a companion app would open up lots of good cockpit opportunities assuming they allow it on phones/tablets etc.

16. Yarf

Yarf

A watch so you know what time it is when the game releases. If the game will ever release that is, 2 console generations and counting!

ObiWan11 likes this.
  17. Leggacy

Leggacy

So you're saying more than just my right arm then IMG_0493.PNG

silverman_GT and Lubeify100 like this.
  18. RaceFuchs

RaceFuchs

I think it would make more sense to add an dedicated career mode to the game. Or confirm some cool new tracks. Or Porsche. Or anything else that would actually matter to us as gamers...

But this is just 100% Polyphony Digital.

Imari and Rjo like this.
  19. EDK

EDK Moderator

I'm disappointed that it's to be a smart watch, but might still consider it, depending on the actual features.

Hopefully TAG has shorter development timelines than PD, otherwise it will come out 3 or 4 years after the game releases. :lol:

silverman_GT likes this.
  20. Rjo

Rjo

For me the damage is already done,i'm giving project cars 2 the money they deserved for their hard work on building their game,everything that pc 2 has to offer i expected gt sport to have that!!

JohnScoonsBeard likes this.
  21. MenocidiX

MenocidiX

I'm surprised it comes with dynamic time of day.

22. Touring Mars

Touring Mars Moderator

This is so great! I'm going to rush out and buy a Tag Heuer watch right now.

lancia delta hf likes this.
  23. 05XR8

05XR8

Perfect timing to introduce this his before the Australian Grand Prix. The Tag Heuer store on Collins St in Melbourne, always open big. I was there for a few of those celebrations.

Shame it's not available next week. Imagine the fanfare for that.

24. JohnScoonsBeard

JohnScoonsBeard

Of course, we can already with phones and tablets. Project Cars (1) has tens of apps that can be used with the PS4 and PC versions right now. I think Assetto Corsa does too. Hopefully Gran Turismo can manage it on Android devices this time!

A watch is yet another laughable marketing hookup for the Gran Turismo "brand". Utter garbage.

Looking forward to seeing Castrol as the official virtual motor oil of Gran Turismo.

YouTube to be the official supplier of a new in car cam mode featuring overly made up, bra-less passenger getting jiggled around by a fast car.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  25. artem9000

artem9000

For this price you can buy Tag Heuer Formula 1 Chronograph and(!) steel 42mm Apple Watch, which would be a start of decent watch collection.

26. ALB123

ALB123

My friend bought me a Samsung S2 Gear smartwatch for Christmas this year. It's cool, I guess. I have been leaving my higher end watches on the dresser most days. I'm sure the novelty will wear off. They're more of a gimmick than a smartphone or tablet, of course. I own a TAG Heuer Aquaracer & Movado Series 800 so I'm not against spending the $$ for a watch, trust me...but I would never pay TAG Heuer prices for a smartwatch. That's just me...

EDK likes this.
  27. vrossi

vrossi

In order to play GT Sport, ya gotta have a PS4 Pro & a Tag Heuer smart watch. & Still no release date.
    I give up...
    [​IMG]

28. dbarrade

dbarrade

Too soon?

I imagine it probably won't have the time or date actually showing until it gets patched in later though.

TRLWNC7396 and silverman_GT like this.
  29. MisterWaffles

MisterWaffles Premium

It would be cool if you could link an app on the watch to your game, so your lap times appear on your watch, or you could position your watch on your wrist so that when you're racing with a wheel you can look at the watch to check how far behind or ahead an opponent's car is from you in real time.

hobbsy likes this.