GT Sport - Trailers, Videos and Screenshots

• Thread starter sk8er913
  • 17,667 comments

Wow, it's getting better now!

The supercharger whine is subtle and nice, the exhaust sounds cool, the sounds in the different views sound better and the tyre squeal sounds different, not excessive like before.

All it just needs really is some snap, crackle and pop from the exhaust, some engine & intake noise plus the sound needs to react more within it's environment (Booms in open spaces, echos in appropriate areas etc)

So far so promising, I'd like to see what PD has to offer in terms of a Subaru though:D.

I can't be alone in finding that video odd. The Charger is a big, heavy, front-engined sedan... so why is it flinging into a tank-slapper in most every braking zone? I can only go by what I'm seeing on the screen of course, so it's far from definitive (the throttle/brake inputs are there, but who knows how accurate the steering animations are). Traction control looks to be on, so it's not jabs of throttle unleashing short bursts of 707hp upsetting the balance, it's the brakes themselves. Is the bias all wrong? Are only the rears locking up? What's going on?

I can't be alone in finding that video odd. The Charger is a big, heavy, front-engined sedan... so why is it flinging into a tank-slapper in most every braking zone? I can only go by what I'm seeing on the screen of course, so it's far from definitive (the throttle/brake inputs are there, but who knows how accurate the steering animations are). Traction control looks to be on, so it's not jabs of throttle unleashing short bursts of 707hp upsetting the balance, it's the brakes themselves. Is the bias all wrong? Are only the rears locking up? What's going on?
Indeed, it drives more like a Yellowbird than a bloated, front engined sedan. Sounds are better than old school Gran Turismo, but there's nothing in the video that screams, "I'm driving a 700 hp freaking sedan!" Sounds more like family car.

Yup, felt like on this Charger brake bias was terrible with ABS off.

Definitely getting closer. This is one car I was disappointed with in GT6 as I felt like it wasn't bassy enough or deep enough (which is what a Hemi V8 is). Good to see its actually getting closer to that.

You take people's critiques on this game way too personal. Seeing as many of these are long time players, they aren't exactly just spitting negative comments just for the hell of taking a crap on your childhood.

First Big issue with this video; he/she passes 6 car in the first corner, by going around the outside of them.
Second big issue; it looks like the draft effect is amplified. Similar to the way it is in GT6 in arcade mode.

That sounds really good. The one thing that still gets me is how "instant" the gear shifts are. I think it'd sound a lot better with a bit more of a pause between gear shifts, like a real manual car would have. Maybe a bit of a blip on downshift. But that's one thing that they haven't approached in years, although if you have a manual clutch on your rig you can simulate it yourself.

That sounds really good. The one thing that still gets me is how "instant" the gear shifts are. I think it'd sound a lot better with a bit more of a pause between gear shifts, like a real manual car would have. Maybe a bit of a blip on downshift. But that's one thing that they haven't approached in years, although if you have a manual clutch on your rig you can simulate it yourself.
I think the Hellcat has paddle shifters.

First Big issue with this video; he/she passes 6 car in the first corner, by going around the outside of them.
Second big issue; it looks like the draft effect is amplified. Similar to the way it is in GT6 in arcade mode.
Arcade mode settings? Settings for the 7 & 77year olds?
I don't mind that passing for players that just want to come first and advance through the game.

I want to see advancement in AI for the Pro settings. I've gotten used to not winning all the time, in other games. Just give me a challenge to fight for my position.

The tyre squeal is much better. Sounds more chirpy than sounding like a choir.

Fair point. If I compare it to a video of the automatic then they've actually captured the way the auto shifts quite well.

I beg to differ, it sounds more manual clutchy but with lightning fast shifts.

With paddles I'd expect more of a continuous sound rather than a pause inbetween indicating a sort of clutch engagement. Maybe even a crackle from the exhaust as the car changes gears.

That's something I must say Assetto Corsa captured well with that new Maserati SUV. Yes it still amazes me.

Though I'm really curious to hear how PD would capture a factory spec Skyline GTR if any of them could make it into GT Sport. Honestly I think that's a car PD captured way better than other studios.

I beg to differ, it sounds more manual clutchy but with lightning fast shifts.

With paddles I'd expect more of a continuous sound rather than a pause inbetween indicating a sort of clutch engagement. Maybe even a crackle from the exhaust as the car changes gears.

That's something I must say Assetto Corsa captured well with that new Maserati SUV. Yes it still amazes me.

Though I'm really curious to hear how PD would capture a factory spec Skyline GTR if any of them could make it into GT Sport. Honestly I think that's a car PD captured way better than other studios.

Remember that it's still a traditional automatic, not a fancy pants double clutch system.

Remember that it's still a traditional automatic, not a fancy pants double clutch system.

Was just gonna say. I don't think Dodge uses a dual-clutch system in any of their sporty models.

It is and it isn't similar. It has that familiar woolly distortion we might recognise from T10's games, but it's still only a single set of samples (and noticeably few at that), with no real on / off throttle variation. It's also got all the familiar trappings of GT's mixing and spatialisation, plus the physics-derived control.

But why hasn't PD implemented on / off throttle differences in their sound engine yet? So puzzling.

It does. It does come in a manual too but the one in the video has paddles if you watch how the driver shifts.
Challenger is the only Hellcat with a manual. Chargers have come with a manual for a few generations i believe.

Edit: Just looked is up and from when Dodge brought the Charger back to now they only have Auto

i thought i would never say this. GT sound is better than Forza's (with that charger). Forza's is very good, but GT sound is a little bit more realistic.

Although tyre squeal needs improvement. Very curious to see the imrpovements with other cars.

Have the tire sounds actually gotten *worse*?

Sounds like a bunch of high-pitched, screeching witches.

Guy looks like he's trying to drift it, so is purposefully pulling the wheel as he enters the braking zone at times.

Back