GT Sport - Trailers, Videos and Screenshots

• Thread starter sk8er913
  • 17,667 comments
The sound is like the RS01 would have a complete interior sound deadening.

Wouldn't wearing a racing helmet somehow apply a similar effect? At the very beginning of the vid the exterior rear shot clearly doesn't sound as muffled. I'd like to hear more from other camera views. It may still be a bit too sanitised, but poaching that Audio Lead from Turn10 certainly make thing heading in the right direction.👍

I am more than happy with that if I get variable time of day and realistic damage options.

Well one of those is already a hard no. The second... maybe. We've yet to see anything more advanced than the PS1-era bumper car physics when contact is made.

Well one of those is already a hard no. The second... maybe. We've yet to see anything more advanced than the PS1-era bumper car physics when contact is made.

Oh, I know Dynamic time and weather are no go, but I am crossing my fingers for options in where I can at least select them!

Indeed, I really would like Gran Turismo to evolve from bumper cars.

I didn't see much wrong with that video. The only thing was there was no sound to tell what was happening. I really don't like games with dramatic head movements inside the car when in interior view. Road cars you may get head dive when braking or acceleration you may get the push back. Race cars, they're another story. Most if not all of the racing series have hans devices so you don't get that exaggerated head movement. That's something that irked me in nfs:shift. So far no game has it perfect, but p-cars wasn't as bad as shift. Hopefully GTS stays close to what these demos are showing.

Any oval is boring. At least a short one means it'll be over sooner. :P
True but it looks like an odd design choice. Anyway, who am I to judge?
Let's hope that any other revealed tracks will make sense to push these high end machines.

I can not get over to the fact that we are watching LMP1 true racecars with pedigree and history behind, racing machines that cost a fortune to develop and offered true racing... with fantasy cars that havent go faster than 10 kilometers an hour... in a too short oval race track.

For a car enthusiast this is just an abomination. And im not sure it is fun.

It sounds good but it also doesn't. The engine note is very accurate to what the Chiron sounds like:
(1:10)

but it's just...lifeless and boring, as is all the cars we've seen. Everything's just too clean. When Kaz said there's still work to be done, I hope he meant adding some imperfections to the mix.

I can not get over to the fact that we are watching LMP1 true racecars with pedigree and history behind, racing machines that cost a fortune to develop and offered true racing... with fantasy cars that havent go faster than 10 kilometers an hour... in a too short oval race track.
It's a randomly generated grid in a game. Those "true racecars" have seen approximately zero laps on a real racetrack. They're not real. It's not as though there's any pedigree to damage.
For a car enthusiast this is just an abomination.
I'm thinking that's just a tad melodramatic. It's a game.

but it's just...lifeless and boring, as is all the cars we've seen. Everything's just too clean. When Kaz said there's still work to be done, I hope he meant adding some imperfections to the mix.

It's funny how we all laughed (a lot) when Kaz said the sounds were too perfect but now it's abundantly clear what he means. So I suppose at least it's a good thing he recognises the problem, hopefully with only 140 cars to master and probably at least another 6 months they'll get there and we won't have these perfect, synthetic sounding cars come release.

It's funny how we all laughed (a lot) when Kaz said the sounds were too perfect but now it's abundantly clear what he means. So I suppose at least it's a good thing he recognises the problem, hopefully with only 140 cars to master and probably at least another 6 months they'll get there and we won't have these perfect, synthetic sounding cars come release.

Sterile and Lifeless, yes.
But compared with the Vacuum Cleaner sounds from GT1-6, still a step forward,

I guess programming in realistic sounding "random" pops and bangs is something very difficult for a computer to do.

This FH3 vid is a poor example of too much "spice"
every throttle lift it pops bangs and backfires

Bo
It's a randomly generated grid in a game. Those "true racecars" have seen approximately zero laps on a real racetrack. They're not real. It's not as though there's any pedigree to damage.

I'm thinking that's just a tad melodramatic. It's a game.

Of course it is a game :rolleyes: But for a game that tries to get the car culture in the gameplay, that combination of tracks and cars is trully an inmersion breaker for the car enthusiast. So there is no point (and i guess is what we are going to find in the game) to raise real R18 and TS030 victories to add some epic to the game and then put them to race with fake cars. What for? The races you are going to do in the game have nothing to do with the real ones.

Also, those LMP1 are based on the real LMP1, so half of their performance is wasted in that kind of track. Is like taking a LaFerrari to do rallying.

Of course it is a game :rolleyes: But for a game that tries to get the car culture in the gameplay, that combination of tracks and cars is trully an inmersion breaker for the car enthusiast. So there is no point (and i guess is what we are going to find in the game) to raise real R18 and TS030 victories to add some epic to the game and then put them to race with fake cars. What for? The races you are going to do in the game have nothing to do with the real ones.

Also, those LMP1 are based on the real LMP1, so half of their performance is wasted in that kind of track. Is like taking a LaFerrari to do rallying.
Total agreement. Nothing screams more arcade than having a two ton behemoth of a street car competing on the same track with full blown LMP race cars. Looks like any attempt at realistic performance is out the window, at this point anyway. Fun for the 7 to 77 set I guess.

Then simply choose to not include VGTs in your race. Problem solved. You're given the option to race real&fantasy, real, fantasy. I don't get why you're so upset when you can simply ignore the VGTs and focus on only real cars if you prefer that.

Wait, I thought this was the point of video games; to do things that you otherwise wouldn't be able too... right?

I still wonder why PD choosen to create this track. It's so short that having fast cars such as LMP1 and other VGT makes it so boring.

I assume it went something like this:

"Kaz: We only have 18 tracks, what's the laziest, fastest way to increase the track count?

PDStaff: Let's add a short oval surrounded by stands, like Bristol Motor Speedway. That way there's no need to model any environment outside the track.

Kaz: Brilliant, but make it an original track so we don't have to laser scan it or pay any license fees."

Back