GT Sport - Trailers, Videos and Screenshots

• Thread starter sk8er913
  • 17,667 comments
The thing that I don't understand about the audio, is it always seems to be loudest when cars engine bay is passing by the camera, instead of it sounding like noise being emitted by the exhaust system, which is generally where a car is the loudest. It is especially odd sounding when using the bumper cam on a car, and not hearing the audio of the car just in front. Maybe they do this on purpose to make it easier to hear your own car for shifting? Or maybe just not something they plan to address?

I can't see the videos... anyone else having the same problem?

Edit: Nevermind.

The Toyota sounds good.

Last edited:
HDR10 complies to SMPTE ST2084 (effectively allowing up to 10,000 nits in luminance levels). It also uses a BT.2020 container.

Source? Not trying to say you're wrong - just doesn't align with the articles I have read: http://televisions.reviewed.com/features/hdr10-vs-dolby-vision
http://www.lightillusion.com/uhdtv.html
• Dolby Vision mastering supports up to 10,000 nits peak brightness, with a current 4,000 nit peak brightness target
• HDR10 mastering supports up to 4,000 nits peak brightness, with a current 1,000 nit peak brightness target
• Dolby Vision mastering supports up to the BT.2020 color space, HDR10 is mastered for DCI-P3

Perhaps both support 10k nits and BT.2020, but the mastering process for HDR10 mastered content (aka video), does not yet support it?

Does the new M3 sound that bad in real life?

Well, it's turbo now, so you won't hear that amazing sound from the E92 V8's.
And the car must doesn't really sound good, they even needed to deploy teh sound through the speakers on the real car.

New videos rock! Yeah, the sound is a little synthesized, but it's way better than what it was. Hope they can take that final step and make it more dynamic or real-life if you know what I mean.

M4 sounds somewhat different to that GT video in real life, seems to be getting closer though on downshift (24 seconds in). M4 in Assetto Corsa sounds quite close to real life car.

Personally think there will be a big update to sound still. I think if they can get exhausts sounding more realistic like by adding popping and crackling sounds, it will make a massive difference in enjoyment driving the cars. Hopefully they can make sound as good as the game looks. :drool:

Last edited:
so I watched the new trailer which features the AMG GT3, and wow. I SINCERELY hope that kind of 1080p 60fps is possible on the PS4 Slim. I really do.

VeMUlEB.gif

Source?

Well, it's turbo now, so you won't hear that amazing sound from the E92 V8's.
And the car must doesn't really sound good, they even needed to deploy teh sound through the speakers on the real car.

1. Its an M4, not M3
2. Its sounds nothing like the V8 because its not a V8 at all, its a Turbo Charged Straight-6.

Source? Not trying to say you're wrong - just doesn't align with the articles I have read: http://televisions.reviewed.com/features/hdr10-vs-dolby-vision
http://www.lightillusion.com/uhdtv.html

From the lightillusion link above:

ST2084 defines the EOTF (Gamma) for the Dolby Vision and HDR10 HDR formats.

For a 10 bit signal the levels are as follows.
  • 10,000 nits = 1023
  • 5,000 nits = 948
  • 4,000 nits = 924
  • 2,000 nits = 847
  • 1,000 nits = 769
  • 400 nits = 668
  • 100 nits = 519

As part of the evolving UHDTV standard, WCG is being combined with HDR to add greater differentiation from the existing HDTV standards, using the Rec2020 colour gamut as the target colour space.

Perhaps both support 10k nits and BT.2020, but the mastering process for HDR10 mastered content (aka video), does not yet support it?

Indeed both formats support the exact same max luminance and max chroma range. As for HDR10 content being mastered at these extreme levels Gran Turismo is the perfect incarnation of it:

・Gran Turismo will support current HDR TV’s as well as future HDR devices reaching brightnesses up to 10000nits. (HDR10・ST.2084)

HDR: Gran Turismo, Target: 10000 nits

・Full wide colour space workflow using BT.2020 at all stages of production, from data capture, materials creation, rendering to output.

As stated there is currently not a single display out there that effectively covers these specs.

From the lightillusion link above:

Indeed both formats support the exact same max luminance and max chroma range. As for HDR10 content being mastered at these extreme levels Gran Turismo is the perfect incarnation of it:

As stated there is currently not a single display out there that effectively covers these specs.
So, they future proofed the visuals of a game, that will be supersceded, when the technology for such a screen debuts.
Should make for cool screen savers.

Meanwhile,(continued in the delayed thread)...

The AI seem to actually be going for mid corner overtakes now, instead of just on the straights like in GT6. For example in the GIF emula just posted, I'm pretty sure an AI car would never even think about doing that in GT6. They may still be uncompetative against the player, but they certainly seem more competative towards eachother

Did anyone have some nostalgic feels with the replays? I feel it though. It's like my memories brought back when I played GT4 and saw those 60fps replay stored in my own Theatre Mode playlist.
Gosh I feel old now... :lol:

Back