GT Sport - Trailers, Videos and Screenshots

• Thread starter sk8er913
  • 17,667 comments
ZRO

I thought GT Sport looked very impressive. But based on the comments here, it looks even worse than Forza 5. I know it's the YouTube comments, but does GT objectively look that bad?

Youtube fanboys aside, it GT still has a pretty wide range of how it looks from best to worst. While the lighting is incredible and the cars look great, the tracks tend to vary quite a bit and none of them really has much in the way of atmosphere. If you look at something like Tokyo, even though it may be technically quite clever it's not really a very appealing looking track compared to Prague from FM5, even though FM5 overall has worse lighting.

I think GTS is still running into the problem that how a game looks is the overall sum of all parts, and while some parts of the game look unbelievably incredible others are underwhelming. For such a small game this late in the console lifecycle, I think a lot of people have pretty high expectations, whether those are justified or not. When placed alongside FM6, FH3, Driveclub and pCARS2 I would never say that GTS looks bad, but at the same time each of those games has their own graphical strengths. And on Youtube and among fanboys in general, the "if you're not first you're last" attitude tends to dominate.

Well GT is much sharper then Forza etc like the road itself and guardrails etc and just look at the rims in Forza while in gameplay.....

GT is nicer but that dont make Forza bad. Both nice games in there own way.

The thing in GT for me is the looks that i like better.

It is a perfectly good article that discusses both the good and the bad. The echo chamber is that way ;)

chasecam parameters purposely setted in the worst way possible , 90% of the analysis set on the only track that is still work in progress, online race with a massive lag (never happened anything like that in my beta), framerate analysis only few seconds and only at the moment of maximum stress... etc

yes partisan article

Partisan article that shows only the worst of the beta.... Better if they continue to make paid advertising for FM
That's a bit harsh.

All in all it seemed a fairly positive analysis regarding the graphics anyway.
No doubt flaws can be found, and it's fair to point those things out.
That's kinda why they do these tests.

But I thought their review showed the game performing rather well, which as a fan I was pleased to hear. 👍

chasecam parameters purposely setted in the worst way possible , 90% of the analysis set on the only track that is still work in progress, online race with a massive lag (never happened anything like that in my beta), framerate analysis only few seconds and only in the moment of maximum stress... etc

yes partisan article
Wow! Lag has been a huge talking point since the beta began. Did you actually listen to all the really good things they said? The vido was overwhelmingly positive with a couple of issues pointed out.

Or are you only allowed to talk about GT if you fawn over it and tell everyone just how wonderful it is?

Wow! Lag has been a huge talking point since the beta began. Did you actually listen to all the really good things they said? The vido was overwhelmingly positive with a couple of issues pointed out.

Or are you only allowed to talk about GT if you fawn over it and tell everyone just how wonderful it is?

They talked about positive things but showed only negative things... a lot of people watch the video without listening (many don't understand English)... so then the hate campaign starts (look at the comments under the video or on neogaf)

They talked about positive things but showed only negative things... a lot of people watch the video without listening (many don't understand English)... so then the ********* starts (looks at the comment under the video or on neogaf)
So the video is lying? If there are negative things to see, that means there are negative things about the game. I think you are completely over reacting to what is on balance an incredibly positive video. To call it 'partisan' is delusional.

So the video is lying? If there are negative things to see, that means there are negative things about the game. I think you are completely over reacting to what is on balance an incredibly positive video. To call it 'partisan' is delusional.

incredibly positive video.... but after watching that video 95% of people in the comments are thinking that the game is a complete disaster.... yes... the classic incredibly positive video

incredibly positive video.... but after watching that video 95% of people in the comments are thinking that the game is a complete disaster.... yes... the classic incredibly positive video
It's absolutely clear that the comments below any YouTube video have nothing to do with the content of the video. You are the only person in this thread who has seen that video as negative.

ZRO

Actually after watch their analysis I think they're fine with the game. Instead, DF said the game already looks pretty with great car model, the textures on the asphalt, HDR capabilities and other thing they mentioned in the video are fairly positive. Only framerate drops (sometimes goes below 60fps but just a little, pretty constant imo) and some rough trackside details that is need to fixed as what they said in the video. I know I heard one of the commentators comparing it to Forza, but he is not being a fanboy or praising it, just what he felt with his experience with Forza and brought it to a discussion.

It's absolutely clear that the comments below any YouTube video have nothing to do with the content of the video. You are the only person in this thread who has seen that video as negative.

It's true. Just a small portion of comments was made due to response of the analysis, others were just nonsense and spamming the whole comment section by mocking and overly praised the game.

Well GT is much sharper then Forza etc like the road itself and guardrails etc and just look at the rims in Forza while in gameplay.....

GT is nicer but that dont make Forza bad. Both nice games in there own way.

The thing in GT for me is the looks that i like better.
I kinda disagree the fact that GT looks sharper. Firstly because it is probably unfinished in the beta state (trackside objects, grass, overall environment textures) Secondly while its lighting model is clearly ourstanding, the shadows bring dissapointment as it still has that weird flickering in it. Lastly car model, why GT sport looks great? Yes it does but it does not reach onto Forza's level. Huh why? Simple take a look at the car paint job. Games like Driveclub, Forza 5 and 6 and the horizon 2 and 3 series has done a wonderfull job onto showing the paint texture. What do I mean about this is that in GT sport it lacks to show the metallic-ish looking paint job cars usually show (which gives GT's car model a plastic ish feel IMO) for example:
In this image you can see the details of the paint
2014VetteC7-6.jpg
In Forza 6
F12B.png

Last edited:
I think putting nostalgia or partisan views aside, Forza has consistently earned its current reputation with Metacritic scores - FM5 was lower, but lack of content is hardly damning the experience overall - and decent sales on the second place console, so for GT Sport to be compared to it and not necessarily come out on top is fair comment.

I've been experiencing this phenomena on Dragon Trail where people seem to just forget to drive. During the race I remember counting around seven spins, but after reviewing the footage it looks more like nine or ten spins in the first lap, on top of all the shoving and corner diving going on.

This was a field of largely SR-A drivers:

So 95% of the people commenting in YT videos are trolls? Egads, when did this happen? I always thought YT was such a positive, impartial place to post videos. :odd:

Here's a tip. Try listening to the comments in the video itself and listening with an open mind. Crazy thought I know, but give it a spin. It might open your eyes. :eek::eek:

Looks like PD is listenning to the community, the cockpit is much britgher now, the sound have more details going too, but i think the engine should be louder sometimes.
Different times of the day for each video, not really fair to compare the cockpit lighting unless the scenarios are the same.

Who set the Corvette lights on fire?

I was thinking about all this HDR thing. (not saying this is directly related but it could be) Can you make a game that takes full advantage of HDR but still looks as good as it could on normal set if they didn't had to prep it for HDR ?

I've been experiencing this phenomena on Dragon Trail where people seem to just forget to drive. During the race I remember counting around seven spins, but after reviewing the footage it looks more like nine or ten spins in the first lap, on top of all the shoving and corner diving going on.

This was a field of largely SR-A drivers:

Had that as well. Everyone was suddenly Max Verstappen for some reason.

I was thinking about all this HDR thing. (not saying this is directly related but it could be) Can you make a game that takes full advantage of HDR but still looks as good as it could on normal set if they didn't had to prep it for HDR ?

Yes. In fact, even most modern games without HDR support use an internal dynamic range higher than what gets sent out to the screen, essentially generating a HDR image that gets transformed into a SDR image using a tonemapping algorithm.

When you're playing a HDR-supported game on a HDR screen, the main difference is that you get the raw non-tonemapped image -- or if the internal dynamic range is even higher than what your HDR TV could put out, the tonemapping effect is less strong to accommodate the higher (compared to SDR) range of the screen.

It's not quite that simple in reality, mind you, but this is the gist of it.

Back