GT Sport - Trailers, Videos and Screenshots

• Thread starter sk8er913
  • 17,667 comments
I know 30 FPS racers utilize motion blur for increased sense of speed. No idea how 60 FPS do it.

I guess the shot (from the previous page) was from GTS running on a PS4 Pro. TBH I have no idea about the motion blur or frame rate on the regular PS4 but from what I remember from the Beta there was no motion blur. At least I can't recall having noticed it. :)

Naw, it's a Porsche. You can see him select it in the menus before the race and being shown as the current driver's car at the start of the race. Also: that nearly 9k red-line. :drool:
Pretty sure the Porsche 911 GT3 does not sound like a V8 he was probably refering of the post from @marcvic of the video showing the "awesome" sounds everyone was ooing about.

Well the video in question is off screen and quite a distance from the TV, so your hearing the reverb from the room, the TV speaker, the camera mic etc, not really anything like the actual dry direct sound from the game itself.

I saw it and it's nothing like what the game will sound like in person

There is some blur at the Nurb but it affects only the graffiti.
The graffiti was blurred even when you were stationary. :/
gran_turismosport_closed_beta_test_version_2017_by_unitoone-dbll3h5.jpg

To put it simply, the car sounded like an actual, raw, powerful V8.

c'mon, it wasn't that actual. ^^ If someone reads this without having watched the video will imagine something really great. And it wasn't. The video sound quality was pretty bad in itself.

I don't think it was something outside what we'd listened to before. My opinion ofc.

c'mon, it wasn't that actual. ^^ If someone reads this without having watched the video will imagine something really great. And it wasn't. The video sound quality was pretty bad in itself.

I don't think it was something outside what we'd listened to before. My opinion ofc.
I thought it sounded great. Especially since it was off screen, on a youtube video, recorded from a TV set not hooked up to any type of surround sound.

I thought it sounded great. Especially since it was off screen, on a youtube video, recorded from a TV set not hooked up to any type of surround sound.

It didn't sound like an actual, raw, powerful V8.

It sounded quite nice, in line with what we've been listening in previous videos. Still, far from an actual raw v8 engine. You might disagree. I just wanted to point that out so the person who asked and didn't watch the video has a counterpoint from someone who doesn't think it was that great.

It sounded quite nice, in line with what we've been listening in previous videos. Still, far from an actual raw v8 engine. You might disagree. I just wanted to point that out so the person who asked and didn't watch the video has a counterpoint from someone who doesn't think it was that great.

Yeah, I wouldn't trust off-screen at all....

Weird that the vid got deleted!

Are you getting hung up on those two words? "It sounded like 'an actual' V8." What's wrong with that statement? If you played GT in the past, the V8's didn't sound like 'an actual' V8. They sounded like something well, different. Context, man.

Are you getting hung up on those two words? "It sounded like 'an actual' V8." What's wrong with that statement? If you played GT in the past, the V8's didn't sound like 'an actual' V8. They sounded like something well, different. Context, man.

Yes I am. And you're getting hung on my opinion of those words apparently.

Context? Sure: @Wiki didn't watch / listened to the video. So, saying it sounded like an actual raw, powerful v8 is misleading, to say the least. It wasn't even direct feed.

I agree that V8s didn't sound like V8s in past GTs but I concede they sound better now. At least some of them. The sounds in GTS are not 100% accurate so it doesn't make sense to say they sound like the real thing.

I though it did. Sounded on par with other racing games if seen IMO. In fact, it's the best engine I've hard up until now.

I though it did. Sounded on par with other racing games if seen IMO. In fact, it's the best engine I've hard up until now.

It's a shame we can't put that to the test and compare it with a real V8 engine.

Well, at least now @Wiki can make up his mind - either a) he's lost the best sound of a V8 engine ever on a game or b) he's lost a nice sounding V8 for GT standards.

Yes I am. And you're getting hung on my opinion of those words apparently.

Context? Sure: @Wiki didn't watch / listened to the video. So, saying it sounded like an actual raw, powerful v8 is misleading, to say the least. It wasn't even direct feed.

I agree that V8s didn't sound like V8s in past GTs but I concede they sound better now. At least some of them. The sounds in GTS are not 100% accurate so it doesn't make sense to say they sound like the real thing.
It sounded like a V8 to me. And lots of the replies from people here were trying to figure out which V8 car it was. If it didn't sound like a V8 to you, fine. But opinions are just that. You're arguing for no reason :)

In my opinion it DID sound great but not representative of the sound you get direct from the game as off screen recordings are most of the time distorted due to thin speakers or the mic of the recording device being not capable to record thr stuff without distorting it.

Its like onboard youtube videos of racecars where they sound so mean and distorted but in reality its just that the camera couldnt keep up with the loudness of the real life sound.

Edit: i thought it could have been the camaro

Last edited:
It sounded like a V8 to me. And lots of the replies from people here were trying to figure out which V8 car it was. If it didn't sound like a V8 to you, fine. But opinions are just that. You're arguing for no reason :)

It sounded quite nice, in line with what we've been listening in previous videos.

I agree that V8s didn't sound like V8s in past GTs but I concede they sound better now.

b) he's lost a nice sounding V8 for GT standards.

I am suprised the bottom of the cars are still a flat featureless black, so yeah don't expect the cars to ever flip upside down :)
For all of PD's detail obsession, this doesn't extend to the underside of the cars....

I am suprised the bottom of the cars are still a flat featureless black, so yeah don't expect the cars to ever flip upside down :)
For all of PD's detail obsession, this doesn't extend to the underside of the cars....
They arent completely featureless as i rolled over some racecar in the beta and took a screenshot of it from the replay. It looked similar to what you can see in the post above me.

Latest Posts

Back