GT Sport - Trailers, Videos and Screenshots

• Thread starter sk8er913
  • 17,667 comments
What else are you expecting? it's a race track.

The AI still seems to provide the "moving slalom" and "chase the rabbit" kind of challenge that defined GT games for the longest time. Then there's the environment that still looks rather sterile and lifeless. There's also the continued lack of damage both mechanical and visual. Then there's the physics which don't seem to be any livelier than they were in the PS3 GTs (I'm not just talking about handling here).

What else are you expecting? it's a race track.
That. And well, the lawn care is worse I GTS.

The AI still seems to provide the "moving slalom" and "chase the rabbit" kind of challenge that defined GT games for the longest time. Then there's the environment that still looks rather sterile and lifeless. There's also the continued lack of damage both mechanical and visual. Then there's the physics which don't seem to be any livelier than they were in the PS3 GTs (I'm not just talking about handling here).

In short, I'm not really seeing anything, aside from prettier visuals, that suggests this couldn't have been done on the PS3.
The AI has been shown to be different, but there's always the possibility it reverts back to old GT or improves. The environment, sure, it looks clean. Damage, whatever. Just wait to see what it'll be like when it comes out, but broken head/tail lights/lamps are possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh I thought you meant trackside detail.

The AI seem to be on the easy difficulty (we've already seen faster AI) but they still could be faster.

The environment looks sterile cause that is a race track. The lack of damage along side the collision physics is still a let down I agree. The physics can't be judged from a 3rd person cam and a video.

Oh I thought you meant trackside detail.

The AI seem to be on the easy difficulty (we've already seen faster AI) but they still could be faster.

The environment looks sterile cause that is a race track. The lack of damage along side the collision physics is still a let down I agree. The physics can't be judged from a 3rd person cam and a video.
About the sterile environment, I agree with him. Where are the choppers, smoke from BBQ, waving flags in the grandstands...

And maybe @Turnaround should complain to the nurburgring owners. Get them to plant some nice flowers or something.

:lol:

In all seriousness...

I suppose the track as it is in the video I quoted is fine for hot-lapping; instances where it's just you and road. However, I'd like to see the things queleuleu listed (including a crowd like in GT6's 24hr Nurb variant) appear when there's a race going as was the case in the video. Especially for the FIA events. For those it'd be great if the track environment supported the idea that there's a major event taking place.

Also having some visual indications of wind speed and direction reflected in track side objects would help make the track feel more alive. This would be things like swaying trees, or even swaying grass behaving like the dust kicked up in GT5 whenever one would drive of track.

What is "lively physics"? Is it when it seems to have a mind of its own?

Yeah, that's not what I meant. :crazy:

I was thinking more along the lines of stuff that others have been critical over. Like bumper cars physics.

Atmosphere is a factor so I get that. But I feel having marshals waving flags is what I care for. The things you mentioned (imo) don't really add much if any.

If it was real life, those things are the difference between a track day and a real race. Track days are fun for driving, but it's usually on a track with no surrounding crowds or events. Compare that to something like a V8 Supercars or F1 race and the atmosphere is totally different. You've got crowds of people watching and all sorts of stuff going on around the track which is both distracting and helps to give a sense of space.

Compare:

Ignoring the fact that the second is filmed in BlurryCam™, there's a big difference in atmosphere just from having packed stands let alone all the other stuff that goes on. Maybe that gets lost on drivers that tunnel vision on the track just ahead of them, but once you learn how to drive with your eyes up and looking as far down the track as you can it's impossible not to notice the track surrounds.

@Imari Not 100% sure but the beta kept adding crowds in certain tracks so I think having different crowd sizes might be already implemented. The crowds still cheer and you hear the track announcer. Some tracks have additional details like birds chirping and seagull (whatever the noise they make :lol: ).

Like I said, atmosphere is a factor no doubt. But, barbecue smoke, etc are so minute it doesn't really affect it. The crowd sizes in the beta were a lot, plus the marshals and photographers. So I'd say overall they've done a pretty good job.

@Imari Not 100% sure but the beta kept adding crowds in certain tracks so I think having different crowd sizes might be already implemented. The crowds still cheer and you hear the track announcer. Some tracks have additional details like birds chirping and seagull (whatever the noise they make :lol: ).

Like I said, atmosphere is a factor no doubt. But, barbecue smoke, etc are so minute it doesn't really affect it. The crowd sizes in the beta were a lot, plus the marshals and photographers. So I'd say overall they've done a pretty good job.
Someone complained how the marshals stood looking straight ahead, motionless like statues, not turning their heads to watch the action as every car zooms by. I don't think they (the people who brought up the marshals in GTS being statues) watch racing in real life. Marshals aren't there to do anything but ensure the safety of anything in their control. Eyes forward.

Screenshot_20170906-220940.png

Blue Moon Bay Reverse confirmed

Back